New system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
I have increased my inventory of RDA, RDTA, and RTA and am really enjoying a smoke free life. Right now I am using a 2x4 with drilled holes for a tank stand for about a dozen tanks with different builds and flavors. Do they make something a little less cumbersome for this purpose? My wife thinks I'm obsessed. Maybe I am, but I have a new hobby that I enjoy and most of all is I AM SMOKE FREE. I was smoking 2-3 packs a day, but since I started vaping I haven't looked back. I'm trying to get my wife to do the same, but she is stubborn. I bought her an Aspire Breeze, which she liked at first but lost interest in. How can I get her interested in vaping. Is there any devices you can recommend?

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Maybe the innokin gem?
    Has wattage adjustment, easier to fill and use than the breeze. Plus it comes in purple :)
    9k=.jpg

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    @ScottP... I'll not be stealin' your thunder. Would you mind advising @Edwin Betz on how to go shopping to get a mod for a girl?

/bow

Why not take her around to several local vape shops and let her look and hold a bunch of different mods? You cannot understand how something "feels" to hold, just by looking at a picture or watching a video. Once you get an idea of the size/colors she is into, then you can focus on getting something in that size/color that is reliable. If she is anything like my wife, she goes more for appearance and feel than functionality and reliability so she may need some guidance to avoid poor performers. I would also try to keep her away from SMOK products, b/c if she ends up with a bad first impression she may go back to smoking and never try anything else.

OR if you want to get her a new mod as a surprise, you could be sneaky about it. Take her to several vape shops under the guise of you wanting something new, BUT pay attention if anything catches her eye. Like if she remarks "that one is pretty" make a mental note, or even ask the shop to let you hold it, then hand it to her and ask "what do you think?" and see if she likes it, but then say "maybe later". This way you can get some input without her knowing you are shopping for her. By the way, this works for other things like jewelry as such. Let her window shop but pay attention to what she is looking at for later purchases.

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 1, 2008
    Living 'Off Grid'
    trivet.png

Bamboo Trivet.
    I use one of these to set my RTA/RDA's on. 8" in dia. Looks good. Cheap. Holds maybe 25 or so depending on atty sizes.
    Center row will hold six Nano's on mine.
    Bought at my local grocery store. If I wasn't so lazy this am, I'd take a pic of mine with atty's on it.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    1E1A24BD-D17F-482D-9A3E-E223A4943DC8.jpeg
    I know I like purple and shiny, but I also know what performance I like or would like to try.

No leaking is a must- most women carry a handbag, and nobody wants goo stains on her bag.

She may like completely different specs than you, and encouraging her to shop may means she finds a set up that speaks to her.

I’m a big kid. I have simple mtl tanks on eleaf 20s, but I also have a rainbow punk mini with a rainbow Herakles. ( everyone loves that, my elderly mom, my biker brothers)
    My favorite new toys are Tarot nanos. Nice easy little guys, shiny and purse friendly.

But that’s me. Show her some stuff and see what she likes.

I agree about taking her to a shop to see and handle in person, but no harm starting with pictures.

Good luck! And enjoy your vapes!

Reactions: Eskie
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread