Not open for further replies.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Dieseler Where do you get the grommet? I might be able to give that a try....

@Totallyhemp - if you're Ok using rubber washers and o-rings you can get them at Lowes, Homedepot, or most h/w stores. The grommet size is: 5/8" OD x 5/16" ID
The o-ring size is: No. 9, 5/8" OD x 7/16" ID

Or if you want vinyl, they're a bit more difficult to find locally but are available on-iine in bulk packs: Such as:

Grommets: 5/8" OD x 5/16" ID
http://www.amazon.com/Vinyl-Grommets-Bore-Diameter-D/dp/B0040D0QKM/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1324562702&sr=8-13

O-rings: 5/8" OD x 7/16" ID
http://www.amazon.com/Viton--Ring-Durometer-Black-Width/dp/B000FMUTMW/ref=sr_1_4?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1326328388&sr=1-4

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
OK so now I am a weee bit POed.... noticed yesterday the side of my LT was wet... wiped it clean and went along with my bussiness.... came home today and again wet.... seems as though my stone tank is leaking at the bottom threads.... GRRRRR

I have it filled with 100% VG.... anyone else have this problem yet?

Could you tell where the tank was leaking? I had tanks that used grommets at both ends and if I wasn't careful replacing them after filling, too much air pressure built up in the tank and actually pushed the nicquid into the carto and out it's end. I could actually hold it up and watch the level of the tank decrease, it was that much pressure.

But I wouldn't think you'd get that kind of pressure with this tanks and their screw on ends.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
I took mine from a another tank . There vinyl grommets with o-ring.
You may be able to google vinyl grommets 5/8 Od x 5/16 ID i did see them in the proper size on ebay but came with no o-rings .
I had some from Ace hardware but they were rubber and smelled like that as well so i tossed them as they would have probably imparted a taste into the e-liquid .

Also it may or may not work if one was to put a wrap or two on the threads of the original cap and try that to see if it stops the leaking. You may want to try that first as its the easiest perhaps.

Perhaps a revision cap would have a grove machined into it that would permit an o-ring on the final turn of cap.
Also would like to see a permanent 510 connector press fitted into it as well to easily change out the ce2s.
Screw them out and screw another right back in.

TotallyHemp

Apr 11, 2011
Illinois
Thanx to both of you I will check those things out... I will try the tape 1st maybe... I have some of that white stretchy plumbers stuff... lol Do you like the way I do not know any of the names of these things ugh...(I know what I am talking about at least) :D I cannot tell where it is leaking from... cant actually see it leak... its just been a couple times I have picked it up that I have noticed it was wet and or on the table where I had it sitting, its not constant...
When I had 1st put on the tank I had it screwed onto my LT(LavaTube) tight and I had noticed some condensation so I had backed that off a bit so it dont quite sit flush onto the LT...and that seemed to solve that issue...

Again thanx everyone for the help it is much appreciated.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
Looks like the heating element is burning the little plastic white dish that it sits in, or just above. Where the wicks come in, the plastic is black and appears to be touching the heating element. I moved it around, but it hits one side or the other.. Gotta be my burnt taste.
If you are talking about CE2's that cup is ceramic and can't burn. Are you using an unusually dark thick juice. How many watts are you using or carto ohms and battery volts?
I find that even with light juice and 50pg/50vg CE2's don't wick fast enough once I go over 5 watts. Also once you get some gunk on the wick and burn it it is difficult to get that burnt taste out.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Teflon tape is holding i tried it since last night this morning its fine with 100%pg juice i use.
Here it is on my megalodon and what i like is that the tank unlike some others match real nice to the diameter of the PV.

dieseler-albums-vision-stone-cartzilla-modification-picture72606-hpim3760-medium.jpg

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
I cant get this thing to hit right for the life of me. Mines not leaking, but jesus what the .... its really pissing me off. Its either gargle gargle or plasticy dry hit taste...

I am hitting it like once or twice and hour, sitting it on its side, tipping it over from time to time, etc.. dunno what the deal is, keep taking the cap off nothings burnt... If this is still a break in period then its not worth it to me.

Anyone else? or just me?
Is the inner plug pushed down snug onto the atty? If it's raised a little bit, too much juice can get in causing the gurgle. I use a paper clip to push down on it.

motox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2010
Poinciana, FL
Though their web site says they are 2.8-3.2 ohms, mine meters out at 1.9 ohms.

That's a pretty huge difference from what they advertised - I wonder if it's just an isolated dud, or if QC is non-existent? If I purchased a 2.8 ohm device based on their advertising, and received pretty darn close to an LR, I would be ticked.

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
That's a pretty huge difference from what they advertised - I wonder if it's just an isolated dud, or if QC is non-existent? If I purchased a 2.8 ohm device based on their advertising, and received pretty darn close to an LR, I would be ticked.

I thought the stones were rated at 2.0 ohms, but I just checked the website and it says 2.1-2.3ohms. 1.9 is still lower than I would like, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread