New to cartos, am I doing something wrong or just bad cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

winemermaid

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
United States
So, I just started the carto thing. I bought a box of 5 boge 510 one hole laser punched cartos.

The b&m store I bought then from help me set up the first tank. Condon method, slip drip tip on Carto, push up from bottom, slip the tank tool in to fill, bam...you're ready!

I cleaned the tank and got out a fresh carto. Repeated the steps I took to fill the first time, put my map tank on my mvp and took a few dry draws (just hitting it with out actually pressing the button) to make sure my carto is soaked.

Alas, I press the button and nothing. No vapor, just nothing. Check the resistance and the mvp says "non". Dead carto? Did I do something wrong?

Pour juice out, and repeat. With a new carto. Same thing. No resistance. No vapor. Just nothing.

I have some new cartos coming from a different vendor. They are still the boge LR laser punched 510's. I got a pack of the one hole and two holes.

Any advice would be..such a great help. I want the delicious smoke again. I love my kanger protank mini v2, but I didn't just pay 50+ for a nice carto tank that I can't smoke! :(

I've never been so frustrated in my life vaping life since trying to get my vivi nova's to stop flooding (learned that there are just better tanks). I've heard so many good things about carto tanks for me to give up on it!

Thanks again!

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
center connector on carto might be too short to contact center pin on MVP

Carto screwed all the way down?

Do you have any other way to check the resistance of the coil (multimeter)?

Have you tried the center pin fix just in case it got pushed down too far with your other cartos?
This video is for the eGo...but the MVP has the same type of head on it

Never heard of that many DOA coils in a row...

winemermaid

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
United States
center connector on carto might be too short to contact center pin on MVP

Carto screwed all the way down?

Do you have any other way to check the resistance of the coil (multimeter)?

Have you tried the center pin fix just in case it got pushed down too far with your other cartos?
This video is for the eGo...but the MVP has the same type of head on it

Never heard of that many DOA coils in a row...

I haven't tried any of this yet. I haven't had time to look at them. I saved them in case I was just doing something wrong and they weren't bad.

Unfortunately, I don't have another way of testing them. My hubby has a mvp, and it also read nothing on his. But if it's the center pin, it would read nothing on his. When I get a chance to actually look at them, I'll see what I can find out. I might even be able to get a hold if a ohms reader and see what it says. Thank you so much for the info. I'll take some time to look at those cartos.

winemermaid

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
United States
Okay, so my new question is: is this hurting my pin? I've noticed that I'm pretty sure it's my kanger protank mini that's pressing it down, so when I screw my carto tank back on, it doesn't touch. I have to just press up a little on my center pin and it works. But is this going to hurt anything? Especially if I'm having to do it usually every time I go from my protank mini to my carto tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread