New to cartos...need some advice pls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrisRich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Richie & I have just started using carto tanks. We have two styles of tanks & are currently using smok cartos. We are having a few issues-one is that we are having a hard time drawing up any vapor or flavor, and another problem is a lot of dry hits. We have tried priming the carto & then we get flooding. What are we doing wrong? Also, we are a bit confused about the best resistance & size. A friend recommended Boge cartos but we don't understand exactly which ones to order. We aren't ready to give up on the cartos yet...any advice or info will be greatly appreciated!! Thx,

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
A friend recommended Boge cartos but we don't understand exactly which ones to order.
I'll let Kevin, Telly - and who ever else steps in - sort out your problems (once they've been identified)... but I will answer your hardware question.

For Boge tank cartos -

• There are: "standard" (35mm length), "XL" (45mm) and the less commonly used "XXL" (55mm). They are all 9.2mm+/- in diameter.
  • Resistances are "LR" at 2.0Ω, and "SR" is 3.0Ω - nominal.
  • Number and type of holes are two 1mm holes, one 2.3mm hole or a single 1X10mm axial slot.
A good source of all Boge carto variations is SureVapes (the link is for all Boge products they carry). Another brand, considered by many to provide the highest level of flavor - with a commensurate price, is Ikenvape. They are made by Boge to the owner of Ikenvape, Isaac Abraham's, specification. (the link is for all "pre-punched" tank cartos, with the "Platinum" cartos being your most likely choices)

One of the most popular tank brands, at least among ECF members - for their quality, customer service and excellent price points - are those made by IBT - "IBTanked".
There are others, too numerous to mention, all with avid proponents - examples of which can be found in the Tanks subforum. The PV1 glass tank for example, which recently came to my attention... very stylish, and a good teaching reference for correct carto length. The 4ml would use a 35mm "standard" carto - the 6ml, the "XL" 45mm length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread