New to DIY juices, a couple questions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablo1399

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Australia
Hi guys,

I ordered some 36mg/mL VG base a while ago, and now I'd like to try mixing it. I don't have any flavour concentrates yet, but I can get cranberry and rasperry concentrate from a local shop. My question is, if I mix 1:1 VG base and flavour, will I come up with a decent 18mg/mL juice? I'd also like to know if I need to add water, and what if any are the differences between VG and PG. I want to come up with something that has really good flavour, and a mild throat hit.

Last edited:

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
Hi to you both:)

Here's a link to the DIY forum and check out the stickys at the top:
DIY e-liquid

Here's what I know about VG and PG.
VG = huge vapor and moderate flavor and mild throat hit. Easy on your throat
PG= less vapor but big throat hit and big flavor. Can be harsh on throat

I use 100 % VG for my juices because of stomach problems and allergies. I don't use any water and have no problems with it being too thick.

To change your 36mg to 18 mg, you need to dilute it 50% with either PG or VG or a blend of the two. Usually the flavoring is at 5-15% of the total amount so don't try making it 1:1- it would be way too strong! A good place to buy samplers of flavorings is Perfumer's Apprentice.com. They have 4 ml sizes for $1.40 so you can order a ton to experiment with:) Get lots of the lil empty 6 ml or 10 ml bottles to make your concoctions in:) If you like your juices sweet, people rave about their "Sweetener" in their list.

I decided to make my juices a really easy way because I had a hard time measuring it with pipettes. I ordered a empty 60 ml bottle and ordered 60 mg Nic juice and VG. Into the empty 60 ml bottle I put:

1Tablespoon of 60 mg Nic juice ( 1 TBS =15ml)
3 Tablespoon of VG ( 3 TBS = 45 ml)

That gave me 60 ml of 15 mg juice since it was 1:3 ratio:) Then that was my stock. From there, I pour into 6 ml bottles and add the flavoring to those.

If I was you, I'd order a empty bottle and do a 1:1 ratio with Nic juice and VG/PG. Then add your flavoring to your lil 6 ml or 10 ml bottles. It might make your 18 mg stock a touch less than 18 but not much. Not enough to matter:) Just start small. Only do 3 ml's in your lil bottles because you might not like the flavor.

And shake everything up like crazy! The Nic juice before you mix, the flavoring and then e everything together at the end. I didn't know that and got quite dizzy off my first batch because I failed to shake the 60mg Nic juice before I measured it.

Good luck and ask any question you have on the DIY forums!

Lori

ScotTex

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2010
Houston, Texas
Thank You Lori, I'll have to bookmark that link, so I can find it again. Plus thanks for the TBS = 15ml That's something I wanted to know, but kept forgetting to ask... Just went on a dollar store run and found some of those little measuring spoons, sounds much easier than the 'turkey baster' things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread