Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    i tried, still getting the same harshness.
    Most probably, screwed the mixing of nic in initial phase.

About this harshness, would you say it has the feeling of eating black pepper. If so, that would be the nicotine.

If it's a scratchy feeling at the back of your throat, that is a wick being too dry (not enough liquid saturating the wick).

• Agree
    Reactions: MacTechVpr

puneet1984

Oct 24, 2013
    pune
    About this harshness, would you say it has the feeling of eating black pepper. If so, that would be the nicotine.

If it's a scratchy feeling at the back of your throat, that is a wick being too dry (not enough liquid saturating the wick).
    cannot make out exactly, but more of a scratchy feel, but i checked the wicks are soaking wet.
    i tried it with skysolo pod also.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    cannot make out exactly, but more of a scratchy feel, but i checked the wicks are soaking wet.
    i tried it with skysolo pod also.

Maybe that nicotine you got isn't so good. You better figure out what you have before you o any further.

I find it strange that someone in a country that has banned vape got a hold of pure nicotine. That' s not a laughing matter. very toxic.

• Agree
    Reactions: Coyote628

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    For fruit flavours what i did is cut a strawberry into small pieces and put them in PG for steeping same for pomegranate, not used it till now.
    what do you mean by wreck yourself??
    for menthol crystals i used this YT video as reference

Yeah. Again, do not use flavoring not considered safe for inhaling. By wreck yourself, I mean tear up your lungs. Even that peppermint from Amazon contain oils and emulsifiers only meant for food or skin application.

Look at the website @UncleJunkle showed you.

I know menthol crystals are used quite a bit in vaping, but there's a lot of skepticism regarding the use of them, as well as the use of diacetyl (a buttery flavored substance). These fall into the category of use at your own risk.

will try to see is diluting works..
    Also why to look for backup mod or tank??
    I regularly change the premade coils on SKRR tank and clean/change the Zeus coils and wicks.

"Backups for your backups" is a saying around here so you're not stranded if your only device fails or is tied up somewhere.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

puneet1984

Oct 24, 2013
    pune
    Maybe that nicotine you got isn't so good. You better figure out what you have before you o any further.

I find it strange that someone in a country that has banned vape got a hold of pure nicotine. That' s not a laughing matter. very toxic.
    Hello

The nic i got is pharma grade nic with quality testing done and certified. cannot give more details here due to forum rules.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I might recommend the Capella Sweet Strawberry. I usually mix it with TFA Strawberry Ripe (which they don't have) for a more authentic strawberry flavor.

I also like breakfast and dessert flavors; Crunch Berries, French Toast, Apple Fritters, Cinnamon Rolls, Pineapple Cake, Waffles. You'll need to find recipes for a lot of these.

Last edited:

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Well I have used juicemeup software for mixing.

The company from where i got the Nic (99.99% pure) confirmed me that one bottle contains 30mg of nicotine..he was not sure about the volume.Looking at the bottle it appeared to be approx 30ml. So i mixed 270ml of PG with the 30mg of pure nic, giving me a 10% (100mg/ml strength) nic liquid.
    Regarding the mixing... i have not tested the 1% liquid without the flavour.
    Should i just add 5ml of VG in my 20ml of menthol mixed liquid and give it a go??

Regarding the menthol crystals, i weighed the crystals and VG to get 20gm of total solution with 2gm of crystals. forums i read before suggested to go with either 10% or 20% flavour strength.

Regarding my MOD, i am using Zeus-X tank with 0.4ohm dual coil setup (0.2ohm effective) with Luke S MOD. working at 40 watts. Also i have SKRR tank with 0.15ohm coil for Luke MOD and SkySolo pod.

Also as flavours are not available in my country due to the ban, i am trying to make my own flavours by mixing fresh fruits in VG and steeping them for few days. Will update on how it worked out.

30 ml is about 30 grams (for pure water, exactly 30g) so 30mg total would be 1 mg/ml. Perhaps it is 30mg/ml strength; the nic was 99.99% before diluting. That you are still alive points towards that being more likely it was diluted.

Different flavor and nic strengths should be used for different styles of vaping. A Juul uses 50 mg(/ml) but maybe only 5 watts, and that's smooth nic salts. At 40 watts with standard nic the most similar would be around 3 mg and 1/8 as much flavoring or less.

Flavor extraction is a whole subject in itself. There's a bit of it here.

puneet1984

Oct 24, 2013
    pune
    30 ml is about 30 grams (for pure water, exactly 30g) so 30mg total would be 1 mg/ml. Perhaps it is 30mg/ml strength; the nic was 99.99% before diluting. That you are still alive points towards that being more likely it was diluted.

Different flavor and nic strengths should be used for different styles of vaping. A Juul uses 50 mg(/ml) but maybe only 5 watts, and that's smooth nic salts. At 40 watts with standard nic the most similar would be around 3 mg and 1/8 as much flavoring or less.

Flavor extraction is a whole subject in itself. There's a bit of it here.
    i am sorry for typo, i mistyped gm as mg...
    They even shared the certificate of analysis.
    I used hazmat suit and gloves and mixing done in well ventilated away from direct sunlight area.

Last edited:
    • Winner
    Reactions: mcclintock

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    giphy-downsized-medium.gif

puneet1984

Oct 24, 2013
    pune
    Update:
    1)
    added about 20ml of VG in the 1% 70/30 VG/PG mix... harshness is gone
    2) added few drops (4 drops) of homemade strawberry flavour in about 8 ml of menthol juice.. tastes really good with a slight hint of strawberry and mint. Also i diluted the menthol juice with 10 ml of VG... no harshness now.
    So i think that the initial mixing was a bit off.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread