New to dripping atomizers. Haaayulp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapo Marx

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
New York
Hey guys, I've been happily vaping away with clearomizers for a while but now I've got a bunch of juice samples on the way and I need a better/quicker way to test them. I started looking at the selection of atomizers at Litecigusa (I have other stuff I need to order from them soon) and honestly, I really don't know what I should get. Here's my wish list:

Coil in the 2.5 ohm range - this is the best match to my batteries and pass-through

Easy to clean and maintain

Ability to change flavors with minimum hassle

Inexpensive

808, 501 or eGo thread

I know there's loads of threads about attys here but it's very daunting to sort through all that information. Any suggestions?

StacyInOkla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
Oklahoma

skyztheLynnit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
If you post your question here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...10-regular-atty-drippers-dying-breed-113.html you should get an answer pretty quick. I got this for my first dripping set up Cisco SR510 2.5 ohm Atomizer + Drip Tip Special - Avid Vaper all I do is blow through the part that screws into my battery to switch flavors. I've been pretty happy with it.

No rebuilding with that? I would love something to sample juices without having to fiddle or commit the juice to an evod

Vapo Marx

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
New York
I just remembered that early in my vaping journey, I made my own dripping atty of sorts by removing the polyfill from a bottom-coil cartomizer. It actually worked pretty well but there was nothing to keep liquid from getting to the battery connections, so I abandoned it.

Thanks for the replies, everyone! You've pointed me in the right direction.

Edit: Apparently, 901 atomizers are also an option since they're claimed to be compatible with 808D-1 batteries.

Last edited:

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
I use an 808d-1 battery system. A cheap 510 ATTY plus an adapter (less than ten bucks for the two). Put in a couple of drops, vape. Before it goes dry, a couple more drops of liquid. "Flavors" will carry over from one sample to another but you'll get the idea. KISS principle works for me, I'm just not a vaping conno-sewer!

Vapo Marx

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
New York
I ended up getting a standard 510 atomizer and believe me, you guys would have had a good laugh if you'd seen me trying to use it. I ended up with juice in my mouth, leaking out the sides of the atty, etc. Lessons learned: use a drip tip (I thought the atty came with one but it didn't) and only add a couple of drops of liquid at a time.

I got kinda disgusted, put it aside and filled a couple of clearos. I'll give it another shot tonight, but I am awfully tempted to pull out the credit card and order a Smoktech RDA, a Phoenix or something like that.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Eh, still no luck with the 510 atty. I just get gurgling, juice in my mouth and no vapor. The bridge is collecting the juice OK and the coil is firing but I'm at the end of my patience with this thing. I'm just gonna wait for the Smoktech to get here.

Sounds like too much juice. Try turning the atty upside down (without the drip tip on) on a paper towel and tapping in a few times, then put it back on the battery, put on the drip tip and vape it.

ETA: Before you take a real drag, take a cold one (no power). Your should hear a tiny little gurgle (gosh this is hard to explain in words!), but if there is a big gurgle, like through a straw at the bottom of a glass, there is still too much juice in it.

Last edited:

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
Odd thing.... 901/KR808D-1 Battery to 401 atomizer
901/KR808D-1 Battery to 801/302 atomizer
I've been using a 510 atomizer high resistance atomizer from H.D.V. it was around five bucks. When it floods, I unscrew it and blow the excess into a paper towel. When it's down to a slight sputter from a gurgle give it a go :) Although I am not really an expert on the subject. It's worth getting used to I.M.O. because and atomizer and a drip tip is a great fail safe. Plan on hording some lol. Good luck Vapo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread