RDA new to dripping question

Status
Not open for further replies.

darckeen

Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
United States
Depends, was the wick totally saturated from dripping on the coil? You may be chaining without allowing the wick enough time to redistribute the juice to the coil.

With a high watt build and small reservoir you could simply be burning most of your juice in 3 pulls.

With 20 watts I get around 15 full flavored pulls on a magma (a big reservoir flavor oriented dripper). I usually give it a few minutes every couple of pulls to allow the juice time time to wick.

jeffreyace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2014
minnesota
Depends, was the wick totally saturated from dripping on the coil? You may be chaining without allowing the wick enough time to redistribute the juice to the coil.

With a high watt build and small reservoir you could simply be burning most of your juice in 3 pulls.

With 20 watts I get around 15 full flavored pulls on a magma (a big reservoir flavor oriented dripper). I usually give it a few minutes every couple of pulls to allow the juice time time to wick.

Yes it was, using a mephisto which also has a big res. Was using it around 15watts.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
My guesses;
1. Vapers tongue? It varies in most individuals but I do notice that even given the ideal setup how various factors affect the taste.
I.e. what you ate or drank, just your own mouth chemistry, and how the best vapes seem to be after a break.

2. Gear variations wiithin a few vapes time might be due to heat buildup and how that affects the juice and the wick itself.

darckeen

Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
United States
So it isn't normal? Flavor should be same from vape 1 to 100 minus buildup ?

Yeah vape flavor definitely changes over time. Your 100th puff won't be the same as your first due to a multitude of factors like vaping tongue, coil gunk, wick degradation, bourbon, etc. But experiencing a noticeable drop off after 3 pulls is unusual imo. In fact the vape usually get better after the first 10 pulls as the coil and wick "break in". Try adjusting your wattage, what worked best when your coil was cold might not be optimal after a few vapes.

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
could be depending on your wicking material?, as others said a slight diminish as you go is normal between dripping........., you might experiment if your using cotton or rayon.......the amount of wicking material must be just rite to insure maximum (wicking ability) potential....play around with the amount and see if it makes a difference........3 pulls after dripping 7 or so drops at a low-sub level would be about rite for me.

info/picture of your build would be helpful.

Last edited:
Pics and build info would be helpful. My bet is poor wicking due to either too little or too much wick. My thought is when you dripped, you directly saturated the coil. 3 pulls @ 15w would be about enough to "dry out" the saturated coil, and if the wick doesnt have good contact (too small), or is choking (too big), it wont replenish the coil sufficiently.

Did the flavor come back after dripping again?

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Pics and build info would be helpful. My bet is poor wicking due to either too little or too much wick. My thought is when you dripped, you directly saturated the coil. 3 pulls @ 15w would be about enough to "dry out" the saturated coil, and if the wick doesnt have good contact (too small), or is choking (too big), it wont replenish the coil sufficiently.

Did the flavor come back after dripping again?
its a deep well (big juice res) atomiser so its not the juice supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread