Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @Cicada_3301. Glad to have you here!:)

If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.
Here are a few more links from New Members Information <= Link covers many topics. Here are two of them:
Nicotine

A "general guideline" for nicotine concentration in e-liquid to the number of cigarettes smoked per day. If you are subohming (resistance under 1.0Ω) cut these nicotine levels by at least 50%.

06 mg = 10 cigarettes or less
12 mg = 20 cigarettes
18 mg = 30 cigarettes
24 mg = 40 cigarettes

eliquid/Juice

PG = Propylene Glycol - the "flavor carrier" of e-liquid. A secondary source of "throat hit", but not as strong as the nicotine concentration. Some people have a sensitivity or even an allergy to PG. It's very thin.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin - the "vapor maker" of e-liquid. Used as a sweeter in many food sources, and also as a skin emollient. It's very thick. Often labeled just "Glycerine"

PG and VG are often used together in different ratios in e-liquid. For example, a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. Many juice vendors offer a range of different ratios as far as PG/VG.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
hi so i am new to vaping where should i start?:)

Hi Cicada_3301. Welcome to the ECF.

I would suggest the links that Susan listed as a Great Start. Also, doing Google "Site Searches" can be very helpful.

That is where you do a Google search for the key words you want followed by site:"the name of the site you want to search"

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
New to ecf please dont get mad if i do something wrong:

Don't worry , most of us are very docile and non aggressive in nature , anybody who would fly off the handle over someone asking a question has serious issues .

So you want to know where to start huh , yeah , thats what i wanted to know when i joined the forum as well , it's a very good question actually.

It would help a great deal if you told us what situation you are currently in , do you smoke a lot now and are committed to stopping or you are curious about electronic cigarettes in general?

Anyway the links provided by others should help answer some of your concerns/curiosity's.

Reactions: ExNihil0

Cicada_3301

Jan 11, 2016
New to ecf please dont get mad if i do something wrong:

Don't worry , most of us are very docile and non aggressive in nature , anybody who would fly off the handle over someone asking a question has serious issues .

So you want to know where to start huh , yeah , thats what i wanted to know when i joined the forum as well , it's a very good question actually

It would help a great deal if you told us what situation you are currently in , do you smoke a lot now and are committed to stopping or you are curious about electronic cigarettes in general?

Anyway the links provided by others should help answer some of your concerns/curiosity's.
so im thinking about getting a jaybo and wismec rx200 because of the unnecessary and it can do stainless steel titanium and nickle wire builds down to .05 and kanthal and nichrome80 down to .1 and probably gonna use samsung 25r5s with mutation xv4 or indestructible by jaybo and wismec. how does that sound?

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
so im thinking about getting a jaybo and wismec rx200 because of the unnecessary and it can do stainless steel titanium and nickle wire builds down to .05 and kanthal and nichrome80 down to .1 and probably gonna use samsung 25r5s with mutation xv4 or indestructible by jaybo and wismec. how does that sound?

Jesus man , how can anyone get mad over that , no argument here.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
hi so i am new to vaping where should i start?:)
There are two kinds of people.

Those that want help and are willing to change.

Those that say they want help but unwilling to change

I have plenty of patience with the first class

But those wanting a .1 ohm build and want to vape at tge full 200 watts anc complaining about dry hits I don't have much Patience for.

The whole thing about ECigs is to have a satisfactory vape that keeps you off the Stinkies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread