New To ECIGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Togglez-

Dec 8, 2012
Canada
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to get some advice here. I have been a smoker for quite some time and I have actually gotten sick of it and would like to stop smoking ... my real challenge has been that I just love smoking too much. I thought I would decide to give electric cigarettes a try to see if they are for me.

I am located in the Ontario, Canada location and have kept reading about nicotine and electronic cigarettes not able to be distributed within Canada.

But nonetheless I am looking for a little advice here, after doing a quick Google Search on the best Electric Cigarettes in Canada I stumbled upon this website here;

Canadian Guide into Buying Electronic Cigarettes - Review of Canada's Best E-Cigarettes and Accessories

Which gave some rankings based on the quality, taste, etc. They posted the following as the best ones;

Electronic Cigarettes Canada - E-cigarettes Online, E-liquids and Electronic Cigarette Products
E-CIGARETTES: Top-Rated Electric Cigarette | Green Smoke®

And many more ...

I was actually taking a look at these following products;
1) Starter Kit - Premium
2) Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit | Green Smoke®
3) Joyetech eGo C 650mah (e Cigarette Canada)

This is what Im looking for;
- A good start pack, something that comes in a box, or a bundle (as seen in the first link provided in my list)
- Good taste, Im not one for a juicy type of vapor, i would prefer a selection of vapors that taste more like tobacco; such as Malboro, etc.
- Lots of vapor
- e-vapor that contains nicotine
- Good quality and durable

I was reallllly considering #1 on my list but was unsure of it, the contact email went to a @hotmail.com account.

Hope some of you could help me out here and thanks for your time!

Take Care!!!

Togglez-

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi and welcome! There is a Canadian sub-forum that might be more helpful. I think you have to have 5 posts to post in it, but you might be able to read it at this point. (I'm not trying to be unhelpful, I just don't want to tell you about products you might not be able to buy.)

ETA: Skip Green Smoke.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Ummm, those websites are all advertisements for relatively poor products or companies. The ratings that they so proudly display are self-made advertisements. These companies are deceptive in that their products are strictly proprietary, meaning you are forced to only use their cartridges which are extremely overpriced. It also means that you can not try e-liquids from other vendors. Many of these companies also suck you into long term deals to use their products exclusively.

I don't know how easy or hard it is to get products ordered online shipped into Canada, but there are far more reputable companies to do business with than these.

The second link that you provided is a device designed for vaping "herbal" material. :lol: E-Spliff? http://www.electroniccigarettecanada.ca/

Last edited:

Togglez-

Dec 8, 2012
Canada
Thanks for such quick responses. Didn't expect to have so many people already post regarding my inquiry. I was indeed skeptical of the ones i posted primarily because it did seem a little too ... self advertised.

Hi and welcome! There is a Canadian sub-forum that might be more helpful. I think you have to have 5 posts to post in it, but you might be able to read it at this point. (I'm not trying to be unhelpful, I just don't want to tell you about products you might not be able to buy.)

ETA: Skip Green Smoke.

I was aware of there being a Canadian sub-forum within these Forums and of course would need a total of 5 posts before posting in there. I have been quickly browsing about the Canadian sub-forums to see if there is anything that suites my needs :)

Thanks again everyone and of course more recommendations are welcomed.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi again - zapped put together a pretty comprehensive list of things to think about when considering a starter kit: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/356817-questionnaire-help-new-members-decide-best-starter-kit-pv-them.html

ETA: Tobacco flavors are really hard to pin down, as far as tasting like what you've smoked in the past. Even though you don't think of yourself as a "juicy" person, you might want to get a broad variety of samples to give you an idea of what's out there.

Last edited:

Togglez-

Dec 8, 2012
Canada
Hi again - zapped put together a pretty comprehensive list of things to think about when considering a starter kit: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/356817-questionnaire-help-new-members-decide-best-starter-kit-pv-them.html

ETA: Tobacco flavors are really hard to pin down, as far as tasting like what you've smoked in the past. Even though you don't think of yourself as a "juicy" person, you might want to get a broad variety of samples to give you an idea of what's out there.

Thanks for that link. That forum thread definitely contained a ton of useful information, with so much of it as well, still trying to get the time to review the whole thing :) much appreciated

kariM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Lethbridge, AB, CA
Welcome to the ECF forum. I am located in Canada and saw a link to a really nice package for the eGo Twist. I hope this link works.

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/ultwistkit.htm

I have only been vaping since Oct 30th. I started with a cigarette "like" - the ePuffer Colibri. My first order was shipped from Toronto - but the second came from the states. Once I realized that vaping was going to work for me - I found ECF and spent a couple of weeks reading and reading some more.

I finally decided that I needed to order something with longer battery power and some better tasting ejuice. I ordered a kit that came with two eGo 650 mAh batteries, 4 Stardust Cleaomizers, the battery charger and a case. I think they also threw in 10mls of some ejuice.

I have since ordered a Kanger T1 clearomizer, a Vivi Nova and some Kanger horizontal coil cartomizers. So far I am liking the Stardust and the Kanger T2 the best - I have only filled the Vivi Nova once - but found the taste to be muted compared to the Startdust and Kanger T2. In fact - other than having one defective Stardust and one that has cracked - I do actually like the "flavor" best with the Stardusts.

This kit looks really good - since it includes not only the Stardusts, but the Viv Nova and the Kanger T2. Also because the total cost is over $100 - the shipping is free. The kit I ordered cost the same - did not include as much and I had to pay $10.00 for shipping. Only down side is this site only has 0 nic ejuice. But there are others - you just have to get your 5 posts in and you can request the list of vendors.

I am not sure if you are comfortable with going to something bigger than a real cigarette - but it really only took me a few weeks of using the one like a cigarette before I was ready to move onto something with better battery life and better vapor delivery options as well.

I hope I haven't overwhelmed you with all of this. I am just so happy with my eGo twists - I was still smoking 3/4 cigarettes a day with the ones "like" a cigarette - but since the day my eGo Twists arrived - I have not smoked a single cigarette and I was smoking 30 cigarettes a day and I have smoked for 46 years. I was not even planning on quitting - just wanted something to help me cut down.

I truly hope you can find something that will work for you. :toast:

Togglez-

Dec 8, 2012
Canada
Welcome to the ECF forum. I am located in Canada and saw a link to a really nice package for the eGo Twist. I hope this link works.

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/ultwistkit.htm

I have only been vaping since Oct 30th. I started with a cigarette "like" - the ePuffer Colibri. My first order was shipped from Toronto - but the second came from the states. Once I realized that vaping was going to work for me - I found ECF and spent a couple of weeks reading and reading some more.

I finally decided that I needed to order something with longer battery power and some better tasting ejuice. I ordered a kit that came with two eGo 650 mAh batteries, 4 Stardust Cleaomizers, the battery charger and a case. I think they also threw in 10mls of some ejuice.

I have since ordered a Kanger T1 clearomizer, a Vivi Nova and some Kanger horizontal coil cartomizers. So far I am liking the Stardust and the Kanger T2 the best - I have only filled the Vivi Nova once - but found the taste to be muted compared to the Startdust and Kanger T2. In fact - other than having one defective Stardust and one that has cracked - I do actually like the "flavor" best with the Stardusts.

This kit looks really good - since it includes not only the Stardusts, but the Viv Nova and the Kanger T2. Also because the total cost is over $100 - the shipping is free. The kit I ordered cost the same - did not include as much and I had to pay $10.00 for shipping. Only down side is this site only has 0 nic ejuice. But there are others - you just have to get your 5 posts in and you can request the list of vendors.

I am not sure if you are comfortable with going to something bigger than a real cigarette - but it really only took me a few weeks of using the one like a cigarette before I was ready to move onto something with better battery life and better vapor delivery options as well.

I hope I haven't overwhelmed you with all of this. I am just so happy with my eGo twists - I was still smoking 3/4 cigarettes a day with the ones "like" a cigarette - but since the day my eGo Twists arrived - I have not smoked a single cigarette and I was smoking 30 cigarettes a day and I have smoked for 46 years. I was not even planning on quitting - just wanted something to help me cut down.

I truly hope you can find something that will work for you. :toast:

Thanks so much for the very detailed post kariM your insight was very useful all of this is so very new to me and sounds like I may need to do some much more research on these products before hand. But from what Understand it seems like it is more of a trial and error type of thing.

I will definitely take a look into the eGo Twist as well and put it down on my list of products to look at :) Thanks to everyone for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread