Not open for further replies.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Hello all,
A friend turned me onto Blu and I thought they were the greatest thing! I looked around the internet a bit more and have learned so much, including how to refill the Blu cartos. I ordered some juice, but wasn't happy with the Blu vapor on the refills.

Then I realized that I really needed some more education, and have been lurking around the posts for a few weeks before taking the plunge and joining. Thanks to all of you here to help us newbies out!

Today I ordered the Joye 510 manual since the Blu seems to always be charging. I ordered it in silver so I wouldn't confuse the Blu since I learned from this forum that though the cartos might be interchangeable the chargers are not. In any case, I figure I would use the 510 at home and take the Blu on the road since I have the case. That way I wouldn't have too many parts to juggle.

Well, that's it so far on my journey away from analogs. It's been almost 3 weeks since I started vaping, and I love it!

Last edited:

mattt9998

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Rochester, NY
Did you mean joyce 510? not 501?

Congrats on quitting, your in the right place for your education, reading this section of the forum should give you all the info you need, if you have a question ask, especially if your not sure what to buy.

I have many PVs now, but I still use a cig sized manual battery from time to time when I am out and about. I recommend getting a larger battery something with a 510 thread on it or a eGo battery... which is 510 thread with the ego thread (the outside thread) on it so it will work with your 510 threaded cartomizers. The larger battery is great for when you are at home as a battery around 1000 mah in size should last all day, which would free up your smaller cig sized batteries as a backup and for when you leave the house.

Here is a link to a good vendor who carries eGo batteries, all the vendors carry them, prices can very greatly by vendor, this one has a generic eGo twist 900 mah battery for $20, its variable voltage which just means you can turn the power up or down to your liking to find the power setting that makes your juice taste best...

eGo Batteries

Also check a juice site... Vape Dudes, they have a coupon code fbfree which you can use they will send you a free 10ml bottle of juice, with free shipping, no strings attached. They do limit how many people a day can use the code so in the morning is the best time

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I got the Joye 510 starter kit for $35. Not sure why I called it the 501?

The Joye 510 kit set includes following components:
2x Electronic atomizer
2x Manual lithium batteries
5x Empty cartridges
1x Charger
1x Cable for charger
1x USA plug included
1x English Instruction manual

I figured this would be a good base from which to build. The Blu's charger isn't compatible with anything so at least this gives me the chargers I need and a look at atomizers and cartridges. The price was right ;-)

I already ordered a sampling of juices from DIY which I am using to refill the Blu's cartos, but will definitely check out the link you gave for the free juice from Vape Dudes. Being a Newb, I have no idea what is good yet so the more places I can try the faster I can find my personal preferences.

Thanks for the tips!

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Sounds pretty good. I'm thinking of starting so I can stay away from tar, etc. Probably going to give the twist a go.

I couldn't seem to quit. I tried cold turkey (I seem to be an addict with no self control), tried the pills, the patches... this is the only thing that gives me the nicotine I need, while still holding something and the vapor emulating the smoke. Covers all the bases!

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Oh no, I just found the thread "Pictures of your setup" and am already thinking perhaps the 501 purchase was not so good? Now I want a tank. And a pretty battery. And led lights in the clear tank. And a pretty tip.

This is NOT going to go well, I am already figuring out how to justify spending the money, and I haven't even had a look at the 501 I ordered yet. I figured it would familiarize me with the parts, but now I don't WANT those icky plain old parts. Lord give me the strength to not order too much before I figure out what I am doing!

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana
Oh no, I just found the thread "Pictures of your setup" and am already thinking perhaps the 501 purchase was not so good? Now I want a tank. And a pretty battery. And led lights in the clear tank. And a pretty tip.

This is NOT going to go well, I am already figuring out how to justify spending the money, and I haven't even had a look at the 501 I ordered yet. I figured it would familiarize me with the parts, but now I don't WANT those icky plain old parts. Lord give me the strength to not order too much before I figure out what I am doing!

LOL yeah that pictures of your setup thread is a killer! You scroll through it ohh I want that and that and that and that...... Vaping quickly becomes a hobby as well! Put the money you would normally spend on smokes in a jar, use that money for all the fancy stuff :toast: Oh, and welcome!

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Also check a juice site... Vape Dudes, they have a coupon code fbfree which you can use they will send you a free 10ml bottle of juice, with free shipping, no strings attached. They do limit how many people a day can use the code so in the morning is the best time

I have been trying every day since I read this, and I am happy to say I finally got it to work at 3 in the morning :toast: I was so happy I ordered another flavor as well and a drip tip. HA HA, save money, must spend saved amount. I get to justify it as 2 for the price of 1. :blink:

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I also got the Blu, and within maybe, oh an hour or so, I found ECF and wanted to bash my head on the wall. It's not bad, of course. It's just...not awesome. :D

It took me a little while longer than that, but since I had no frame of reference and it got me off the cigarettes I was happy. It wasn't until I did some searching I became aware of the fact that it wasn't me doing it wrong, it was the Blu that was all wrong for me.

I am thinking my first non cigarette-like setup will be the eGo Twist. It will introduce me to variable voltage with more power and the larger hand feel. (Never should have read that darn thread with all those pictures of things I want yet don't understand! I am a hoarder in the making!)

VaporBill

Aug 6, 2012
Brantford
I bought my wife and I eGo-c 1000mah kits with clearomizers and I am very happy with them as I was a very heavy smoker and the battery lasts all day and the clearomizer lasts for about 8 hours for me, but I just ordered us joyetech 510's with Kanger cartomizers for using at the computers or while driving. The 510's look well reviewed with exception of the sensitive auto battery. I was going to see if the kanger cartomizer condoms put on the assembled 510 will prevent that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread