New to Me: Malty Toffee

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
I've been on a juice trying/buying spree this past week.

I happened across an old post on here talking about Backwood's Brew's malty toffee, and lo and behold, when I went to the site they had some. Got it today, and straight out of the mailbox I really love it! The flavor is light and I will let it steep, but I always try my new juices right out of the mailbox..just one evod full and then put them away if they need time.

I don't know quite how to describe this juice! It's like a milky toffee, and it morphs as you go. What it really puts me in the mind of is a cream liquer called Cask and Cream Caramel. It's a burned sugar caramel brandy liqueur. I know this flavor is somewhat out of vogue for people that have been on this forum for a long time, but had to share!

I also got a flavor from them called Conundrum and like it very much as well. To me, it tastes just like juicy fruit gum with a hint of banana, and a super light hint of menthol. Very yummy, and not so overwhelming..could easily be an ADV.

I hear these guys also excel at tobacco flavors, but I have steered far away from tobaccos since I quit smoking..they just aren't my thing. Maybe I should try one or two though, just to see, especially if they are mixed with a fruit or vanilla flavor.

The other flavors I tried this week are the five pack sampler from Five Pawns..wow. I am more than happy to pay the extra $10 or so for pre-steeped (that is just too awesome!), complex, fully flavored juices like this. Very pleased. Those flavors have been thoroughly talked about, so I'll leave it at that.

I can't say enough good things about Nicoticket's Custard's Last Stand! I've already talked about that one in other threads though. Truly fabulous stuff, and the best customer service I have had so far, even over MBV, and that's saying a LOT.

SO ..coming up, ordered but not here yet, I have Ginger's e-juice coming (because 5 pawns sent me on a quest for pre-steeped), two 30 mL bottles from 5 Pawns, and a special concoction Clark from nicoticket is helping me with. I'm in search of a good buttermint..like those pastel pillow mint/after dinner mints. Oh..and a mix your own I am going to try from MBV..we'll see how that goes. Blackberry, peach, buttercream, cake and a small amount of amaretto. Sounds fab in theory :D

Anyone else want to chime in on Malty Toffee..or does anyone here still vape it? And how about Ginger's? Good experiences there I hope?

retrox

Flavor Chaser
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
NC, USA
Wouldn't it be so cool if someone made juices and recommended certain things to go with them, kinda like how wine is? You know, a Cabernet complements prime rib, a Chardonnay complements shrimp scampi, Malty Toffee complements rum and coke... and hey, Boba's Bounty goes GREAT with lemon chiffon pie! Who knew?!

Find me a juice vendor who does this immediately!

Vedra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2011
California
Malty is always in my daily rotation. I love Malty Toffee as well but I stopped using it because it was so hard on coils.
I think now that I've got dry burning down to a science and a bunch of spare heads around I'll order it again!

I've found that malty is too subtle for me, it just tastes sweet out of most of my devices. In an effort to eek out more flavor, I built a higher resistance micro coil with a cotton wick specifically for it and could finally taste the malty flavor. Absolutely splendid! The toffee, on the other hand, is spot on all the time, no matter the wattage.

Anyhow, Bwb malty/malty toffee= omnomnom. For that matter, I have never tried a BWB juice that wasn't good juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread