New to Snus - Advice plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

elenamylove

Sep 16, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I'm not sure how much is in the Nordic ice. The difference between the general and camel could be ph balance which I believe will affect the uptake of the nic. I tried the camel when I first started and it was sweet like candy.

I Goggled it - Says 7mg nic, so not much difference. Seems like the round tins are best bang for the buck since you get 24 vs 15 in Nordic Ice.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I think the Nordic is more sweet like the camel. It's been a long time since I tried it. Like FC said, if you can get your hands on some mini mints then that would be 4mg and maybe a better fit for you to start with. I started with 4mg portions and worked my way up to the 8mg regular portions and also use some 16mg. The 16 is a good kick start for me in the morning.

elenamylove

Sep 16, 2014
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I think the Nordic is more sweet like the camel. It's been a long time since I tried it. Like FC said, if you can get your hands on some mini mints then that would be 4mg and maybe a better fit for you to start with. I started with 4mg portions and worked my way up to the 8mg regular portions and also use some 16mg. The 16 is a good kick start for me in the morning.

Thanks man, yeah 16mg would just make me loopy :lol: I'll post if I manage to find the Mini Mints.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Try the Nordic if the Mint is too intense for you. I found it to be weaker than regular General so it might be good for you to start with. The Wintergreen is really intense for me and I'm not a fan of it anyway. I tried the Nordic a couple times and the portions are also longer and narrower so they feel a little more comfortable. :)

elenamylove

Sep 16, 2014
    Jacksonville, Florida
    It might just take time to get used to the Swedish snus.

Yeah I'm taking advantage of that top compartment for temp storage - So I put er in for 3 mins, then store till I’m ready for another head rush.

If the Nordic is weaker I think that will be my sweet spot, I just hope the quality is just like the can stuff. Love the taste even tho its only for a few minutes.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    I was the same way when I first tried Swedish snus. I could only handle a few minutes of the mint. I would suggest picking up a can of the Original or White and trying that. Mint and Wintergreen can be consider an irritant, especially to the gums. Given some time, your gums will become accustomed to the flavor and you'll be good to go. The salt used in snus can also irritate the gums at first and bothered me quite a bit until I got use to it. The White or dry portions like mint and Wintergreen seem to have a more pronounced salt taste as well. The wetter portions like the Original have less salt taste. Moving the portion from one side to the other of that little flap on the upper lip also helps to ease the rush. Baby steps for sure when first trying Swedish snus. :)

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    lilbrown.com is the only place I see it offered online in the US. Like I said before, I've never used this site so I don't know anything about them. YMMV. Plus it is a tobacco site so it may be blocked by your work filters so you may have to try from home or your phone.

Also, different places carry different brands of the General. While one store may not carry the mini mint, another might. I can find it locally at a Cigar and Tobacco store but not at the gas stations. So you may want to use the General Store locator and call around to a few places in your area.

Last edited:

elenamylove

Sep 16, 2014
    Jacksonville, Florida
    lilbrown.com is the only place I see it offered online in the US. Like I said before, I've never used this site so I don't know anything about them. YMMV. Plus it is a tobacco site so it may be blocked by your work filters so you may have to try from home or your phone.

Also, different places carry different brands of the General. While one store may not carry the mini mint, another might. I can find it locally at a Cigar and Tobacco store but not at the gas stations. So you may want to use the General Store locator and call around to a few places in your area.

Thanks again - Looks like $33.39 shipped UPS Group for 5 cans (20 pouches per can) of General Mini Mint - Not too bad considering...

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Thanks again - Looks like $33.39 shipped UPS Group for 5 cans (20 pouches per can) of General Mini Mint - Not too bad considering...

Not bad at all. $6.68 a can shipped is very reasonable. Especially considering what it would cost to ship from Sweden. :blink:

elenamylove

Sep 16, 2014
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Nordic Mint seems to be OK - I'm not freaking out and the nic hit is making me feel good - Woot! This stuff is AMAZING!!! Will try my can of General Mint this weeknd :lol:

Even tho its 7mg of nic I guess its not as strong as the others... Just happy as I don't have to order the Mini Mints. I can tell I'll be moving up to the General Mint soon.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread