Status
Not open for further replies.

bbb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
Florida
hi Stormy,

I'm a 40 yr ex-smoker and a 3 yr vaper, and I'm just getting around to your site, I must be perusing sites alphabetically :laugh:

I bought some hardware from you and you sent me a tobacco menthol sample (thank you) I never was a menthol smoker, don't like menthol, but your sample was pretty good ... believe me, that is a compliment from someone who never liked menthol

most of my favorite juices are vg heavy, if not 100% vg ... some pg mixes don't sit well in my gut ... surprisingly, your 60 vg/40 pg menthol mix didn't seem to bother me too much, if that's what the ratio was ... that encourages me to sample more of your juices

what is Stormys Mix ? ... can you please give me a description so I can decide to try or not ?

I'll likely try some of your sweet tobacco and maybe a couple desserts ... always nice to find another good vendor

btw, the horizontal coil cartos I bought from you work pretty good, they burn very hot and I've had to dial back my usual voltage ... has anyone tried these with a tank ? ... I wonder if hole punching the cart down low as usual would damage the coils ?

will order some samplers soon ... thanks

bbb

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Glad to see another Floridian here, bbb..... what part of FL are you from? I'm in the NPR area.
Aren't those horizontal cartos great? I too have wondered about punching a hole in it for a tank, and have your same concerns. Maybe we can find an answer by doing a "postmortem" on a burned out one????? I love tearing things apart....lol.
horton -- out

bbb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
Florida
hi horton,

Palmetto isn't too far away from NPR ... I go up to Largo (most) months for the Suncoast Vapers meeting ... perhaps we've met and didn't even know it :)

I've cleaned one horiz coil and have another in use, so I may go ahead and punch the cleaned one ... if it works I will certainly post here and let you know ... if I damage it, maybe a post mortem will give us an idea if it is even possible to punch these, maybe a bit higher would work if using a bigger, taller tank

I've only got a small 3ml tank right now and I'd probably opt for a 5.5 ml J-tank when they come back in stock ... a long carto with a short tank isn't taking advantage of potential juice space :2c: :laugh: what other tanks would you suggest ?

cheers

oops :oops: I musta been thinking the Kangers were longer than the Boges, of course they are not :blush: but, Stormy has the XL Boges which I will order, when I get a taller tank to take advantage of the extra juice space

now, I do have some huge Go-go cartos which I have yet to test with a tank ... the Go-go cartos work very well but are proprietary sized ... I have the adapters so I can use them on my Infinity Pro or Lavatube ... the only question is will they squeeze thru the m&P tank caps ? :confused:

Last edited:

bbb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
Florida
hey horton

I punched a brand new 2.0 ohm horizontal coil, maybe I got lucky but no damage, and it's working great in a 3ml tank

I used a saddle valve and once it pops, I give it one more turn to open the hole more if I'm using thick juice ... in this case I tried the thick Bobas Bounty ... oddly, I never liked Bobas, not 2 yrs ago, not last yr, but I bought some recently, thinking I've got better hardware now, maybe my tastes have changed, plus I've been looking for a replacement for the no longer available rafalicious ... and I'll be doggone if Bobas tastes, well, not too bad with the lr horiz coil ... tried it on both my Infinity and Lavatube and right around a low 4v seems to give best taste with this carto ... Bobas still isn't my favorite by any means, I'm not sure I'll vape it much at all, just saying that the lr horiz coil carto helped bring out a bit more of the taste for me ... I'm hoping my favorite juices will shine with this carto

so, punch away

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Morning bbb --- sorry it's taken me so long to reply. No, you aren't too far from NPR. I don't know the exact mileage, but I've a rough idea. I don't think we've met at the meetings because I stopped going almost a year ago. Many were just too far for me to drive with the condition of my neck and back. They are now holding them in Largo all the time?
I was glad to read that you successfully punched the carto. I think I have one unused one here and I'm going to look for it and give it a go. I do still want to take one apart just for snickers so I know exactly where that coil lays.
In terms of tank recommendations, I have only have the Arry V1 and 3 tanks and several I made from polycarbonate tubing, so I'm not the best one to ask. Sorry about that. They seem to be the same length as the Boge and I would imagine it would work in the V3. I'll measure it against a Boge to be certain.
Maybe I'll start going to those meets again if it's only a drive to Largo. Last one I remember was over an hours drive from here and it's just too uncomfortable for me to sit in the car that long.
Take care..... horton -- out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread