New to the forum/e-cigs. Trying to quit newports. Any advice or juice sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I smoked Newports and Newports only for several years. I have tried to ecigs with disposable cartos in half hearted attempts to quit in the last couple of years. I have now decided I want to get serious about vaping and bought an eGO-c type b with prefilled tanks and a couple juices from different vendors. The prefilled juice was a headache inducing minty blast that very well may have ruined a new atty ( cant get the taste out), the juice I got from a kiosk at the mall said nu-port and is actually alright but they charge an arm and a leg for microscopic bottles, and the third juice wasnt unbearable like the first was but definantly was too minty and not enjoyable. I do understand vaping and smoking are different and I might not ever get as close to my ciggarette of choice as I would like too, but i would however like to find a more more cost effiecent juice that taste somewhat similar to newports. I have searched the forum and found a discussion on Newport tasting ejuices but hopefully my post will A) be more specific and fetch different answers B) may get more attn as it is newer. I definantly want to stay away from the overly minty juices as the cigarettes I smoke(d) were typaclly the most harsh, richest tobacco flavored cigarettes out there and because my first experience almost deterred me from vaping all together. If any one out there used to smoke Newports and found an "e-ternative" I would love some advice. Specifically a Newport tasting juice you've come across that is close to the real thing but any advice/tips/tricks you might be able to extend that will increase my chances of converting and sticking to vapor is welcome and appreciated as well. Thank you

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
i didnt smoke menthol but get my juice here and saw this, a friend was thinking of trying it, but hasnt yet
Newport E-Liquid - MyFreedomSmokes.com

Thanks Ingerri- Its nice to know a site is reputable, i think iv'e seen them on a thread or two somewhere around here but never looked into them. What juice do you get from them?

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
Thanks Ingerri- Its nice to know a site is reputable, i think iv'e seen them on a thread or two somewhere around here but never looked into them. What juice do you get from them?

oh lets see... LOL...butterscotch, licorice, cherry, chocolate, watermelon, root beer, thats all i have off the top of my head. i just started getting my diy stuff from them too. if you sign up for there email list you will get notification of sales, which happen quite often :)

ive been ordering from them for months and they have fast shipping :)

You might want to try this one: Newport E-Liquid - MyFreedomSmokes.com
or this one: Newport E-Liquid - Smoke Anywhere For Penny's, LLC Store

I don't know how close it is to real Newports, I despise tobacco vapes even though I smoked Camel Menthol Silvers and Salem for many, many years...........

What flavor do you vape? What about tobacco flavored liquids do you like or what about whatever flavor you vape appeals to you more then tobacco? BeI'm not apposed to flavored juices and i can imagine some are quite delightful I was just thinking coming off real cigs would probably be easier with a somewhat similar substitute. What did you vape when intially switching to vapor?
(sorry if thats too many questions, I honestly don't know anyone who has succesfully made the switch so your imput is pretty valuable) Thanks

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana

duh forgot to tell you, got my hubbie "wintson" flavored juice and he said that it is very close, hopefully "newport" is also

oh lets see... LOL...butterscotch, licorice, cherry, chocolate, watermelon, root beer, thats all i have off the top of my head. i just started getting my diy stuff from them too. if you sign up for there email list you will get notification of sales, which happen quite often :)

ive been ordering from them for months and they have fast shipping :)

Sounds like we have the same taste (aside from the butterscotch lol) how is the diy going for you? Do you buy like concentrated flavoring and add it to flavorless? Is there nicotine in the diy stuff you've orderd? I'd eventually like to do that but I think that probably needs some building up to. That being said with a 2yr daughter any way I can save a buck won't be dismissed easily.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
My suggestion is if you have some liquid that is 'good enough' just stick with that for about 2 weeks and nothing else. At that time you will have pretty much adjusted to vaping and your various senses (smell, taste) will have recovered and everything will taste and smell much different. At that point you can start experimenting.

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
Sounds like we have the same taste (aside from the butterscotch lol) how is the diy going for you? Do you buy like concentrated flavoring and add it to flavorless? Is there nicotine in the diy stuff you've orderd? I'd eventually like to do that but I think that probably needs some building up to. That being said with a 2yr daughter any way I can save a buck won't be dismissed easily.

i get 24mg nic, and a bottle of pg, mix them 50/50(so i get 12mg) add some flavor and BAM! going to teach a friend i just converted how to do it. she got 3 30ml bottles for $45, and can make 250ml for around the same price

they also have these on clearance, 5pk for $3.75 http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/part.../510-pre-filled-cartomizer-5pk-ruyan-flavors/

Last edited:
My suggestion is if you have some liquid that is 'good enough' just stick with that for about 2 weeks and nothing else. At that time you will have pretty much adjusted to vaping and your various senses (smell, taste) will have recovered and everything will taste and smell much different. At that point you can start experimenting.

Thank you Willy B, that makes alot of sense. Thanks for the advice!

i get 24mg nic, and a bottle of pg, mix them 50/50(so i get 12mg) add some flavor and BAM! going to teach a friend i just converted how to do it. she got 3 30ml bottles for $45, and can make 250ml for around the same price

they also have these on clearance, 5pk for $3.75 510 Pre-Filled Cartomizer 5pk - Ruyan's Liquid - MyFreedomSmokes.com

Thanks for the link. I don't think that those carts will fit my Ego but i looked into the newport flavor and into diy. Do you get the nic vg based? if so what percentage? I didnt see option for nic free pg- do you get your pg from freedom as well?

NGIB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Hinesville, GA
I echo Wilie B. I smoked menthols for 35+ years and I vaped menthol juice for maybe the first week. After that I started to find flavors I liked much more. I keep a small bottle of menthol around and I may hit it once a week. Today is a homemade batch of strawberry & cream - very tasty on a 106 degree day...

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
Thanks for the link. I don't think that those carts will fit my Ego but i looked into the newport flavor and into diy. Do you get the nic vg based? if so what percentage? I didnt see option for nic free pg- do you get your pg from freedom as well?

ego is 510 and so are the cartos. i got my nic in 50vg/50pg at 24mg. then mixed that with just pg at 50/50 so that it came out 12mg at 25vg/75pg. the plain pg is under misc diy supplies USP Grade Propylene Glycol - MyFreedomSmokes.com

lotsoffish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Buffalo, New York
I smoked Newports and Newports only for several years.

Hello Tony.

Glad you want to quit smoking.

I smoked Salem Full Flavor for the last 20 years of my smoking career, 2 plus packs a day.

I quit this April 23rd using menthol flavored juice from Johnson Creek. "Arctic Menthol" to be specific.

Today, less than 10 weeks later I am vaping 24 Mg. Strawberry, Fresh Peaches, Apple Pie Coffee creme and a few others I can't think of right now.

I haven't loaded "Arctic Menthol" into a cartomizer in at least 6 weeks.

I totally agree with NGIB.

Use something menthol now just to put a few days in between you and your last cigarette and then when your taste buds actually start working start thinking about what you would really like to taste while quenching your nicotine addiction. I bet it's something a lot tastier than what those Newport's tasted like the past several years.

I echo Wilie B. I smoked menthols for 35+ years and I vaped menthol juice for maybe the first week. After that I started to find flavors I liked much more. I keep a small bottle of menthol around and I may hit it once a week. Today is a homemade batch of strawberry & cream - very tasty on a 106 degree day...

Thx NGIB, good to hear your input. I want to get away from cigarettes so maybe emulating the cigarettes I like to smoke isnt the greatest idea!(lol) Sounds logical but for now im still menthol feening so I'm going to do what you and Willy did and try to ween myself off with menthol juice for a while. Thanks again!

ego is 510 and so are the cartos. i got my nic in 50vg/50pg at 24mg. then mixed that with just pg at 50/50 so that it came out 12mg at 25vg/75pg. the plain pg is under misc diy supplies USP Grade Propylene Glycol - MyFreedomSmokes.com

Oh ya I have the type b and thats why i was thinking they wouldn't work. Thanks for the link and the recipe too! that definantly sounds like a cost effecient way to try different flavors whith out too big a financial loss if I don't want to commit to them. Im pretty sure ill be trying diy. Being new to vaping I wasnt sure I was cut out for mixing my own juices (I gues I'll find out soon enough) but you've convinced me it's at least worth a shot. One more question.. do the concentrated flavors go along way? If you did what i am going to attempt which im pretty sure you did, make smaller batches of different flavors , i know it wont be exact but do you have an estimate of how much concentrated flavor youve put into how much 50/50 solution? ex: 1part flavor-4 parts 50/50

Hello Tony.

Glad you want to quit smoking.

I smoked Salem Full Flavor for the last 20 years of my smoking career, 2 plus packs a day.

I quit this April 23rd using menthol flavored juice from Johnson Creek. "Arctic Menthol" to be specific.

Today, less than 10 weeks later I am vaping 24 Mg. Strawberry, Fresh Peaches, Apple Pie Coffee creme and a few others I can't think of right now.

I haven't loaded "Arctic Menthol" into a cartomizer in at least 6 weeks.

I totally agree with NGIB.

Use something menthol now just to put a few days in between you and your last cigarette and then when your taste buds actually start working start thinking about what you would really like to taste while quenching your nicotine addiction. I bet it's something a lot tastier than what those Newport's tasted like the past several years.

Congratulations! Thats what i figured i would do.^

Do you make your own juices as well? the menthol juice im currently using is 24mg as well- do you that heavy dose of nic affect the flavors? Thank you for your contribution hearing from you and other former smokers gives me an optimistic outlook on my current switch-uation!

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
i start with 10% so for makeing a 10ml bottle. i use 5ml of nic liquid, 1ml of flavor and 4ml of pg. then i just adjust it for flavor from there :) have fun. ive made a couple of bottles some i had to adjust for more flavor. and my newly converted friend want me to make her some. so when we are low on premade, gonna do an order for stuff for both of us(reach that minimum for free shipping lots faster LOL)

Oh ya I have the type b and thats why i was thinking they wouldn't work. Thanks for the link and the recipe too! that definantly sounds like a cost effecient way to try different flavors whith out too big a financial loss if I don't want to commit to them. Im pretty sure ill be trying diy. Being new to vaping I wasnt sure I was cut out for mixing my own juices (I gues I'll find out soon enough) but you've convinced me it's at least worth a shot. One more question.. do the concentrated flavors go along way? If you did what i am going to attempt which im pretty sure you did, make smaller batches of different flavors , i know it wont be exact but do you have an estimate of how much concentrated flavor youve put into how much 50/50 solution? ex: 1part flavor-4 parts 50/50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread