New to the Forum - Issues with Odyssey Cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Folks,
First post on this forum. I made the/move to ecigs around five months ago, started on the 'traditional' eGo style of cigs, used them successfully and then decided to move up to a VV device. Bought the Vape Pro from Totally Wicked, along with the Odyssey tanks and a six month supply of cartomisers.

After buying them, I then discovered there are a few issues with the cartomisers, but I 'think' these are relatively low in number compare dto the huge volumes they well. My questions is will the cart be likely to need replacing after two weeks?

The first week was pretty constant / heavy use. Into the second week, I bought a AnyVape Dravide tank ( aka the Kanger PT2) and was must impressed with that. So, the second week, the Oddy hasn't hasn't has as much usage, but still a light use each day.

My problem is that I am now back in Saudi after a two weeks Crimbo break in the UK. I'd like to order some more more KPT2s along with the coils. Came across Kraken Ecigs which seems to have a good supply of both, so trying to get them shipped out to Saudi.

Any info o the Oddy tanks and Boge carts would be very helpful. I did try on the TW website, but seemingly, they don't like references to other products than their own.

Cheers.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Hi

My questions is will the cart be likely to need replacing after two weeks?

When it comes to cartos there's a lot of "it depends" so there is no hard answer for this one. They are disposable items, and as you hinted at in your post not all cartos come out of the factory created equal. An average run for a carto is about 6 days, although some people claim they can get a carto to last for weeks on end. I have yet to actually meet one of those vapers in person though. Your choice of liquid and it's PG/VG ratio can impact life span, how hot you run it, allowing it to get too dry - like I said, a lot of things factor in.

Although a PT will produce a very different vape experience, if you are the type who like to tinker at least your PT coils can be rebuilt - something you just cannot do with a carto. If getting stuff into Saudi Arabia is a problem you may want to take a serious look at what's involved with rebuilding ProTank coils.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Save your money with future cartomizers. The odyssey cartomizer is just a boge with less filler (which makes them suck and feel warmer than other cartos) and lower punched holes for the small end caps the tank has.

I've had the best luck with smoktech cartomizers, but if you're getting two weeks out of the odyssey carts, try normal boge prepunched or slotted, or ikenvape cartomizers.

2 weeks out of a cartomizer is really good..I wouldn't call that an issue(if I understand your post), especially when only using it without other tanks in rotation.

If you're looking for reliability, check out the rebuildable atomizer subforum in assorted pv topics. I use to bring around 7carto tanks everywhere, but now, I just bring a couple of vacuum tank atomizers like a kayfun lite(clones work just as good, especially to see if you even want to pursue the authentic versions. I use drippers when I'm not being lazy. I still love and use carto tanks..

Thank you both for the replies. I think I'm a little clearer now. However, having used both the Oddy Tank and the Kanger Pro Tank, for and my experience, I prefer the Pro Tank even though only have one tank and around ten coils, whereas I have three Oddy tanks and around 26 cartomisers.

I had to take a bit of a gamble, as I was only home for two weeks and with the Xmas and New Year break, I only had a few days available to order and receive the stuff before flying back here to Saudi, so took the plunge and gambled on the Oddy stuff. Wish I'd have held out a bit loner and gone the whole nine with the KPT2. Anyway, will try to order some online and see if I can get them through customs. First things first....prime that new cart !

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Ok. Save the used PT coils though. As I said you can rebuild them when you are ready to approach that. Since the two materials you would be using - kanthal wire and silica wick - aren't expressly e-cig related you may have less problems with customs getting the rebuilding supplies than the replacement coils themselves. You don't even need the wicking for that matter, as a lot of people prefer some form of cotton instead: cotton yarn, twine, cotton ball, gauze, etc. have all been used in Kanger coil rebuilds. See here for a specific "beginning to end" instruction post, inside a huge thread about rebuilding the coils: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clearomizers/396220-kanger-protank-rebuild-33.html#post9844874

Before you even get that far though there are cleaning methods for the coils. As they are used, muck from the sweeteners and flavorings gets baked onto the wick and coil. When things start tasting more harsh than good that's your indicator that the coil needs cleaning. And there is a lot of info here as well about cleaning the coils. You can clean them several times, but eventually the performance just isn't what it used to be and they will have to be tossed or rebuilt.

Last edited:
OK - not got through the first PT coil yet , but will hang onto it, didn't realise they were rebuildable. Did eventually change the cart on the Oddy tank, and that is now working well, so gauging on getting around just over a weeks worth of use out of one cart. I think I should have enough to see me through to my next trip home. Will try and order some KPT's though and have them delivered to Saudi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread