New to the mod world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nudzacysie

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
So just got a vamo with vw and well like the subject says new to all vv/vw ive been vaping on an ego c twist on 4.2v with a pt3 and was wondering what wattage to run it on....I mean ive tried back and forth with the wattage and really a lot of it hits the same and I check the voltage kt says im running on and its only 3.5....something im doing wrong or is that what vw is all about?

TheoGR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
Heraklion, Greece
First of all, congrats on your first mod.

Then you must realize that it's a vw OR vv mode activated... When you go on VV mode, it fires at the range you adjusted.
When you go to the VW mode it's the same thing.
For example lets say you set it up for 3.8 volts, and then you change it to 9 watts. It's gonna fire at 9 watts, without considering the 3.8 volts you set before.

I hope you understood something, my english is not very good but I tried :laugh:

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
I think TheoGR is on the right track with the explanation. VV and VW are different things. If you are changing your watts then the Vamo will adjust the volts automatically to give you the watts you are asking for. If you move up to say 10 watts, then go back to volts setting, it will probably read in the high 4s or even 5s depending on your ohms. The big difference is that you set the "strength" you want with watts and then, when you change toppers, you will get the same strength regardless of what ohs the coils are on the next device which is why vw is gaining popularity.

With either vv or vw, dial in for preference.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Depends on what you mean...they are the same in that you dial up/down to taste and go from there.

Look at it this way, if you are running a 1.5ohm atty at 4.0 volts, then change to a tank that is 2.5ohm the experience would be completely differnet. One would be much stronger, more vape, warmer, etc. than the other. If, however, you were adjusting watts and set your pv at 10watts, you can switch between tanks as often as you want and the experience would be the same as the pv adjusts the volts on it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread