NEW TO THIS - but my take on everything so far... PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakg2x

Feb 5, 2012
Massachusetts
Ok, I have been doing this for about 3 to 4 weeks now and into it about $400. Here is my insight.

Do not buy the atomizer/tank style e-cig or "pre-fab" disposable unless you don't inhale alot. I ONLY tasted plastic! Hubby tried these (atomizer with tank and throw-aways) at the same time as me and he doesn't inhale as much as I do so he did not taste plastic and liked the set-up! I ended up with a KGO battery (a little bigger and does NOT look like a cigarette you are smoking! - which freaked me out at first!) Just for your info!

I have also tried many juices in the last few weeks to see what works for me (using a cartomizer now)... Here is what I found I like (BUT I do not have a sweet tooth so sweet flavors are no good for me): Cinnamon - vaporgod.com; Smoke (like tobacco but only a tad sweeter) - vtvapor.com; Peppermint/Menthol - vaporgod.com (VERY strong but you get used to it!); coffee - vaporgod. Not pushing any one company here, just letting you know what I've bought and like so far!

I am currently using the KGO battery with a 510 cartomizer with drip tips (to keep my flavors straight: color coded lol) and it's going well so far!

Feel free to email me personally at [email address redacted] with comments or questions! WILL KEEP YOU POSTED ON PROGRESS!

Last edited by a moderator:

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Hi!! I agree about flavors! I just tried strawberry banana yesterday and love it! My favorite mint is hypermint with extra flavor from bluemistvaping. REALLY strong. You need a strong flavor to overcome cravings. I have been doing this for 2.5 almost 3 weeks and have spent slightly less than you. I know eventually it will even out. Kinda. Tell us more about how you are doing with analogs...

epuffn00b

Feb 22, 2012
Texas
I like the Kamol from myvaporstore.com nice hooka like flavor. And i started with the ego-T carto with the disposable tanks and it sucked. It would get in the tip which meant on my lip and then it started leaking out the air ways down next to the button. I now use a disposable atomizer from a local headshop. I like it but the rubber mouth piece has been falling off in my pocket letting some of the juice to spill out. Still working on that department just ordered a 100% VG liquid (just incase im allergic to PG) so wanted an atty i dont care about. Looking for recommendations for a carto to get that works with my ego-T XXL battery.

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Hi and Congrats to all on your move into vaping! Just a few suggestions for anyone who's using bigger-than-cig batteries ( generally 450 mAh and up) with a 510 connection and interested in cartos. Personally I love Boge 2.0 ohm and Crystal Clear Vaping's Resurrector 1.7 ohm. CCV usually has great deals on these in qtys of 15 and always has free USPS ground shipping on everything. BTW if you use slim, cig-sized batts you'll need higher resistance (2.5 and up) cartos and the Boge 3.0 are excellent as well.

For testing new juices with manual batteries I like using a dripping atomizer & drip tip. Ideally for the fat batts it's good to have (at least) 1 LR & 1 SR atty, and I prefer the 306 to the 510 (same thread pattern so no adapter required), but all this is a matter of personal preference. Testing flavors this way gives a better idea of how a juice is *supposed* to taste before you put it into a carto. Also some flavors work better at hotter temps (lower resistance), some cooler (standard resistance), so it's nice to know this before committing it to a carto (or writing it off as garbage).

One other suggestion just in case y'all haven't already seen it a million times: I'd suggest trying sample packs of small bottles from several different *e-liquid* vendors - folks who specialize in liquids & (IMO) preferably mix their own. I can't offer much info here since I've been mixing my own since my 2nd pre-mixed juice order, but read the reviews; there are some very well-loved vendors out there and I don't doubt they've earned the affection of their patrons. And don't be afraid to search until you find what you're looking for... be prepared to be amazed. Happy Vaping to all! :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread