Status
Not open for further replies.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Thought I would finally post after having been hooked on this site for over a year. I have tried e-cigs over and over in the past two years in an effort to quit smoking. Just for background I bought my first M401 at the mall at a very inflated price. Trips to the mall where getting overbearing and I always went back to smoking:(
I live in McKinney Texas and went to our 3rd Monday Trade days and was shocked to see an e-cig vendor there so I thought I might as well look into this again! I bought 4 starter kits for a price lower than one kit at the mall and got some great e-juice (Mango and pear). Out of the four kits the Ego is my favorite and I have almost quit smoking! I haven't had a cig in almost 4 weeks (minus two slip ups).
So I am on my way to Trade Days in the morning to get more carts and juice! And more than likely I will have to go for a turkey leg and funnel cake since I will already be there.
Just want to thank this forum for always bringing me back to where I know I need to be.
Everyone on here is great!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Welcome!! I started on manual M402 then manual M401 (requiring a new PCC too) and THEN bought 2 better models (510 manual and KR808D-1 manual), all in the first month of vaping. The M401 does deliver nice flavor with its low voltage but the atomizer's push-up cartridges are a royal pain. I still vape a delicate dessert flavor in it occasionally at home. I restuffed the cart with blue foam and that also helps the flavor. I mostly use 510 manuals w/ Boge cartos, KR808D-1 manual w/ Vapor4Life WOW cartos and Riva 510 (Ego clone).

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Thanks for the welcome! As I said I bought 4 kits so I could make a better decision as to what would keep me away from the cigs! I got a 901, a 4081, 510 and the Ego. I have only tried the 4081 and the Ego so far but I keep reaching for the Ego! I love the battery life. I'm sure I will have questions as time goes on but for now I am a VERY happy camper!

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
Many people have their preferred methods and I am sure they will chime in, but faithful, regular cleaning and maintenance as well as recognizing when it is needed is the key to prolonging the life of an atty.

At the end of the day, a hot water rinse, a PGA soak overnight, and enough time to dry out before re-using all has worked well for me. There is some disagreement regarding the use of dry burns and I'm sure you'll find that in your research. I don't as a rule; only as a last resort to try and salvage a close to dead atty that is going to be tossed anyways.

(Type "atty resurrection method" in the search engine - you'll see a very lengthy discussion, pros and cons, if you're curious.)

tomead

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 16, 2011
Ladonia, TX
www.thebigvapor.com
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread