Sorta new....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrickL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I had my last cigarette in April 2013. I kinda stumbled into it. Had seen a few articles and was considering a change because I was was tired of having to freeze my buns off, burn up, or get rained on to smoke. I have three kids and never smoked in my truck or house. Impulsively signed up for an online, just pay shipping e-cig starter kit. Didn't read the fine print, lol, but liked the taste. Took me a couple weeks to make the switch, but I loved the ease, flavor, smoking in the comfort of my house or car without fear of second hand smoke. And my doc said she felt they were better then the normal ones.

Recently I was having customer service issues with the company, shipping delays (wanted to be able to run to the store when I had a bad day and needed more) and then they changed their product. It tasted so horrible, I went without nicotine because I couldn't tolerate the changed flavor.

My husband has several colleagues who had switched to liquid as opposed to the disposable cartridges I was using. So I went to the only local vape store and came home with an eGo kit 650 mah. It came with 2 batteries, 2 CE4 atomizers, case and juice. I bought the kanger 2 mini protank several days later.

I'm loving it. Still trying to learn all the ins and outs of using e-juice. Have a million questions, but don't know anyone personally that uses them. This forum has helped a ton!

Anyone wanna list the kinda basic rules of e-juice? Like how long it retains flavor, best tips on how full tanks should be kept, should I empty the tank when I know I won't be using that atomizer for a few days, do I throw out the remaining juice or dump it in a clean bottle to use later?

Any tips or advice is appreciated. Also I want to try different atomizer tips on my mini protank. Suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steam Turbine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Montreal Quebec Canada
basic rule of ejuice,

Keep away from kid and pets, nicotine is a poison.
Store in a dark place,
Keep the cap on them, nicotine love oxygen and will loose its potency if oxidized to much.
The average life span of juice is about a year.

Liquid can stay in your tank for a few days (read weeks and weeks) without any problem.

If you want to clean your tank just rince it under water, dry it off and off you go. When your atomizer starts to taste funky or burnt, it means that it is time to change your coil or head. Unscrew it from the protank base and screw in another on.

When to say atomizer tip, do you mean the mouth piece (aka drip tip)? If you google drip tips you will find tons of them.

Welcome to the wonderful world of vaping! :thumbs:

Hey TrickL! Thanks for your CE4 review :) I started vaping some time ago for very similar reasons. I wish I had a local vape store but nothing in my area yet. I thought I would chime in with my personal experience re: longivity of flavor. When I first started vaping, ejuice was a critical element in my satisfaction. I must have purchased over 40 flavors, nic levels and PG/VG variations from venders all over the US. I found my ejuice around the same time there was talk of such fluids being pulled from US market. Being the nic fiend I am, and so happy with my flavor- I picked up 16x 30ml bottles of NicQuid's Sinnabun. I am on one of my last bottles now, manufactured 1/16/2013. It has an expiration date of 1/16/2014, approx 2 weeks ago. With this said, I perceive no difference in flavor. I have faithfully used the same equipment and, to my surprise, I continue to enjoy over 1 year later. I hope this helps, very eager to see other replies!

drummerskey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
little birdhouse in your soul
I cannot speak of the CE4s specifically because I don't have one but with the plastic tanks that I have, I have found that letting them just sit without use for a day or so will inevitably end up leaking. Certain juices with certain tanks will also eat the plastic like cinnamon.

I do own a Protank II mini and to my understanding, any drip tip made for 510 should work. You can find them almost everywhere. I love the Protank! For helpful suggestions on changing juice with that; you can take it almost all the way apart. Clean with really hot water and dry everything but the coil (buy extra coils). You can clean the coil and let it dry and switch juice simply by using a new one and then you don't need multiple tanks, just multiple coils to switch juices.

Another good rule with juice is simple. Don't take what anyone says is good and run with it. Taste is subjective and what I like will almost certainly not be what you like. I +1 the suggestion on trying as much as you can and in as many variations as you can. Juices taste different based on the pg/vg ratio, the nic level and what battery and delivery system you use.

keonee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
USA
Welcome TrickL to ECF. I know exactly what you mean about not having to go outside anymore. It just gets better with using an e-cig.

For juice you can order it to what PG/VG ratio you like. Most use a 50/50 ratio. I like 40 PG/60 VG. It all depends on what you like.

PG gives more flavor and throat hit while VG gives more "cloud" vaper.

Good Luck to You.

TrickL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks Steam Turbine and Jeff Mayone for the e-juice info! Answered several unwritten questions I had. Drummerskey, you're correct about the drip tips. I just couldn't think of the term, lol. Great cleaning info, I haven't cleaned it yet. Only had it two days. Luckily I can sample juice at my local vape shop so I don't waste money. I am very flavor particular which is one reason I delayed switching from my first e-cig. TheReign, awesome tip, I'm too picky to buy before I try flavors so I haven't had that problem yet. Keonee, so glad you gave me that info on PG/VG. My vape shop makes their own. The two bottles I have are RY4 flavor, 80VG/20PG. I have no clue if they make the flavors with different ratios. I'd love to have more flavor and wouldn't mind a little less vaper. Guess I'll have to ask.

Thanks for all the info everyone. It's incredible to have a forum where experienced members don't mind helping out those of us newer/ less experienced to find our footing. It can be overwhelming with all the different choices for all the different parts at first.

Need I need to go digging around for variable voltage battery info. The two I have are not. Does it make a big difference with flavor? That's the only reason I'm considering one, if it might help strengthen the flavor.

BimRidder

Jan 28, 2014
Iowa, USA
I have had some ejuice go "bad". It still vaped fine but the taste became something more like wet hay than anything else. Since then I have just found a few flavors that I really like and stick with them so none of my juice gets too old.

It sounds like you are off to a good start. Congratulations on stopping smoking and not being too cold this winter ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread