New to vaping and ? about switching flavours

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellivioze

Apr 11, 2016
New Zealand
Hi everyone

I am about to start vaping to quit smoking cigarettes. Im young. Started smoking when I was 14. Been smoking for almost 10 years now. Longest I've been without a smoke is about 6 months but ended up starting again because I missed it. Used to only smoke half a pack of 20s but increased my smoking during a stay in a psychiatric unit where there was nothing to do except for smoke. So I can easily go through a packet within 24 hours. Can go through a 30g pouch of RYO within half a week. Thing is, my finances just can't have me smoking this much. I've tried gum, patches Lozenges etc but I always end back up smoking.

I've thought about vaping a few times but the set up cost always seemed to be quite high. Especially in my country (Everything is more expensive here even when you factor in exchange rates). Until a a month ago, someone suggested to look online and gave me a few sites to look at. To tell the truth, even this took me a while. Prices were good but they just weren't what I was looking for. Im just a beginner, I don't want a box mod (At this stage, They're looking more tempting though) or a tube thats bigger than my hand. Finally, I found a place that sold your general ego vape pen (Im a beginner, thats all I want at this stage but I already know what want next). So ordered one and found a place that sold e-liquid with nicotine in it at a cheap price and cheap shipping cost (Stores can't sell e-liquids with nicotine in it here). Next thing I know Im buying more flavours and a few more clearomizers/tanks from all over the place as I kept finding new sites and new flavours I wanted to try. Buying all of this stuff before my first order has even shipped yet. So all of my orders are now on their way to me but all at different stages in transit. Checking tracking and I see that the vape itself and a couple of juices should be arriving in the next few days.

So this comes to my flavour question. Until more stuff arrives and I buy more stuff Im just going to have an ego battery with a CE4 clearomizer with a couple of flavours. Im guessing these clearomizers are just disposable but Im wondering if it'll be ok to switch flavouring in one of them. Say, from going to a Pineapple flavour to a watermelon flavour? Im assuming the pineapple will linger? I do have the option of getting an iclear16(?) from a local shop but I don't want to spend $10 when I have a few more CE4s on the way in other orders

Vyrgg

Sep 4, 2015
Hi everyone

I am about to start vaping to quit smoking cigarettes. Im young. Started smoking when I was 14. Been smoking for almost 10 years now. Longest I've been without a smoke is about 6 months but ended up starting again because I missed it. Used to only smoke half a pack of 20s but increased my smoking during a stay in a psychiatric unit where there was nothing to do except for smoke. So I can easily go through a packet within 24 hours. Can go through a 30g pouch of RYO within half a week. Thing is, my finances just can't have me smoking this much. I've tried gum, patches Lozenges etc but I always end back up smoking.

I've thought about vaping a few times but the set up cost always seemed to be quite high. Especially in my country (Everything is more expensive here even when you factor in exchange rates). Until a a month ago, someone suggested to look online and gave me a few sites to look at. To tell the truth, even this took me a while. Prices were good but they just weren't what I was looking for. Im just a beginner, I don't want a box mod (At this stage, They're looking more tempting though) or a tube thats bigger than my hand. Finally, I found a place that sold your general ego vape pen (Im a beginner, thats all I want at this stage but I already know what want next). So ordered one and found a place that sold e-liquid with nicotine in it at a cheap price and cheap shipping cost (Stores can't sell e-liquids with nicotine in it here). Next thing I know Im buying more flavours and a few more clearomizers/tanks from all over the place as I kept finding new sites and new flavours I wanted to try. Buying all of this stuff before my first order has even shipped yet. So all of my orders are now on their way to me but all at different stages in transit. Checking tracking and I see that the vape itself and a couple of juices should be arriving in the next few days.

So this comes to my flavour question. Until more stuff arrives and I buy more stuff Im just going to have an ego battery with a CE4 clearomizer with a couple of flavours. Im guessing these clearomizers are just disposable but Im wondering if it'll be ok to switch flavouring in one of them. Say, from going to a Pineapple flavour to a watermelon flavour? Im assuming the pineapple will linger? I do have the option of getting an iclear16(?) from a local shop but I don't want to spend $10 when I have a few more CE4s on the way in other orders
Hey there. The flavour will linger in the coils but there's nothing wrong with switching liquids. Some people (myself included) cleaned out the coil with water then left it to dry overnight before filling with a new liquid to minimize the lingering taste. Just make sure to let the new juice properly saturate into the wicks before vaping it after the change as the wicks were dry.

As for ordering new vape pens/mods. If you haven't already check out gearbest.com it does free worldwide shipping but it takes a few weeks to arrive. They have decent things stocked as well. Worth a look if you live in a hard to reach place.
I can't say anything good or bad about the liquids from there but may be worth a try if you can't get nicotine liquids where you're from

Reactions: hellivioze

hellivioze

Apr 11, 2016
New Zealand
Hey there. The flavour will linger in the coils but there's nothing wrong with switching liquids. Some people (myself included) cleaned out the coil with water then left it to dry overnight before filling with a new liquid to minimize the lingering taste. Just make sure to let the new juice properly saturate into the wicks before vaping it after the change as the wicks were dry.

As for ordering new vape pens/mods. If you haven't already check out gearbest.com it does free worldwide shipping but it takes a few weeks to arrive. They have decent things stocked as well. Worth a look if you live in a hard to reach place.
I can't say anything good or bad about the liquids from there but may be worth a try if you can't get nicotine liquids where you're from

Thank you very much. Good prices. Even better shipping costs. I don't mind waiting if it means I get it for cheap. Also, Thank you for giving me another source to get liquids. I have been trying to find more places to get liquids with nicotine in it at a cheap cost.

Vyrgg

Sep 4, 2015
Thank you very much. Good prices. Even better shipping costs. I don't mind waiting if it means I get it for cheap. Also, Thank you for giving me another source to get liquids. I have been trying to find more places to get liquids with nicotine in it at a cheap cost.
Hi again. As I've said I don't know how good or bad the liquids are but it might be worth a shot adding one or two to the basket to try them out =)

Adan

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2016
USA
Hello
While you may want to clean out the tank to switch some flavors, many flavors combine well.
You can even buy watermelon pineapple e-juice, so maybe it wouldn't matter if there was a lingering taste.
I mostly DIY and don't use anything watermelon so I wouldn't know.
I do use unflavored a lot, and never clean out a tank before I switch from flavored to unflavored.

hellivioze

Apr 11, 2016
New Zealand
Hi again. As I've said I don't know how good or bad the liquids are but it might be worth a shot adding one or two to the basket to try them out =)

All I can do is try them out. If I don't like them, I don't like them and can try another flavour/brand. If I do, I can get more. Once again, thank you

hellivioze

Apr 11, 2016
New Zealand
Hello
While you may want to clean out the tank to switch some flavors, many flavors combine well.
You can even buy watermelon pineapple e-juice, so maybe it wouldn't matter if there was a lingering taste.
I mostly DIY and don't use anything watermelon so I wouldn't know.
I do use unflavored a lot, and never clean out a tank before I switch from flavored to unflavored.

Thank you for this. So if I can't be bothered cleaning the tank, make sure the flavours will go well together? Watermelon and pineapple sounds nice as a singular flavour.

jarreddizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Oxnard, CA, USA
^
Yes, and I'm trying to make this simpler than it is, but depending how strong either flavor is, mixing the two should be done incrementally. I'm not sure what brands you're using or who their suppliers are so just be smart when mixing so you get something you like instead of a mix that too much and not good anymore.

hellivioze

Apr 11, 2016
New Zealand
^
Yes, and I'm trying to make this simpler than it is, but depending how strong either flavor is, mixing the two should be done incrementally. I'm not sure what brands you're using or who their suppliers are so just be smart when mixing so you get something you like instead of a mix that too much and not good anymore.

Thank you for the advice

SmogVlog

Apr 18, 2016
UK
www.youtube.com
Hi everyone
Im wondering if it'll be ok to switch flavouring in one of them. Say, from going to a Pineapple flavour to a watermelon flavour?

For me, that is something I really enjoy doing. Changing from one flavour to another can be great but it can also be bad for a bit. Think of it like DJing... you have 2 awesome tracks you love and when you mix between the two, sometimes you create a an amazing sound, other times it's just noise.

Some flavours work better than others, however, most flavours will pass quickly enough regardless of if good or bad. There are a few flavours that are so stong that they never really leave your coils, but CE4s not being cotton wicking should be fine.

hellivioze

Apr 11, 2016
New Zealand
For me, that is something I really enjoy doing. Changing from one flavour to another can be great but it can also be bad for a bit. Think of it like DJing... you have 2 awesome tracks you love and when you mix between the two, sometimes you create a an amazing sound, other times it's just noise.

Some flavours work better than others, however, most flavours will pass quickly enough regardless of if good or bad. There are a few flavours that are so stong that they never really leave your coils, but CE4s not being cotton wicking should be fine.

This is probably the best comparison I've seen when it comes to mixing flavours for anything

Netop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Providence, RI
My attention span for flavors is shorter than my schedule for changing coils or wicks. I just choose what flavor to chase the lady one with. Tobacco flavors tend to mix well for me. Fruity tobacco? It usually works out fine. Vanilla is a good stand by for me. Goes with almost everything. And, even if mix a couple that don't taste that good, it's still better than smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread