New To vaping... any advise before i start

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought my first vaping kit. My cousin, a current vaper, helped me make the purchase. I bought a proveri mini, cartamizer and all the basic accessories that I need to get started. So my question is this: Is there any advise that you can give me before I get started on this? I just want to be prepared so that when it gets here I can get started right away. Thanx for your help in advance.

Hanneyk55

Jun 18, 2013
Michigan
I just ordered my first "real" vaporizor gear. I've been using disposables for a few months though. If you are switching over from analogs to e-cigs for the first time, my biggest piece of advise is to make a consious effort not to smoke them like an analog. They are not a cigarette, and don't need to be smoked like a cigarette either. I believe there is a sticky on this site about it also.

hadouken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Cali

My advice? Dont buy anything without search for a review. Don't buy e liquid because it "sounds" good. Don't be mistaken by some of the low priced items; more money doesnt mean better performance.

Get yourself a couple (or more) batteries. The Provari mini without extension cap uses 18350s. Those dont last long. Of course, it depends on the rate of your vape.

Don't leave batteries in a charger unattended/overnight.

Use these forums, as you have to ask away. This is one of the friendliest forums on the planet.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Well you got a good kit coming. Best advice.....read, read, read. There's a ton to learn. And you'll find all the help in the world on this forum. Find a juice vendor that you like. No one likes nasty tasting juices. Search the forums and find a few that peak your interest and give them a try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
lock away your credit cards- failing that get a nice storage solution for all the stuff you're gonna buy(a foot locker should hold most of it). make sure you run out and buy every juice flavor every one will swear is the best and greatest thing ever made. don't forget that whatever way you enjoy vaping it is wrong and you need another tank, clearo or atomizer. make sure you buy plenty of wick and coil material, because if you don't make your own you are not REALLY vaping and enjoying the true flavor of your juice. be prepared to never be satisfied and if you want proof just scan this forum regularly. and most important, after you have been vaping a few weeks you are now an expert and make sure to tell every one else the equipment they need and the juice they should be using. enjoy!

ziggy929

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
FL USA
As others have said on here, be sure to buy 2 extra GOOD batteries, and I would buy another back up PV, like a Vamo that you can use the 18650 or 18350 so you don't waste your money. Also get a meter to check your batteries for safety, buy some battery holders (cheap), and a GOOD charger that can charge many different batteries and types at the same time and will not over charge. It is worth spending the extra on the better charger and batteries, than get junk or worse yet a knock off, but as we all know, you REALLY never know if you are getting a knock off, if they are relabeled. I try to order from a trusted site to try to avoid that and pay the extra money for good ones. Also, as all have said you need to try different juices and not just based on what others like. I have SO many juices that I have spent hundreds on based on reviews and I don't even like them. Happy you r switching from the analogs!!!! Everyone is different, but I like the bottom coils like the Kanger T3's which are cheap now and I keep boxes of extra coil heads for them. I just don't like the cartos, I don't think the juice taste comes through as well. But of course that is MY opinion. :) Sure many will disagree with me. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!!!!

Last edited:

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
Well, I'm also new. I just got myself a ego kit and have been reading a lot here and learning.

All the statements have been posted are all really good.

But here is my 2 cents.

First - Vaping is not smoking. Nic is absorbed thru mouth and nose when you hold and just blows it out. But You don't get the hit on the back of your mouth. So try to remember and change the way you VAP! (I'm still learning to do that correctly)
2nd - With the cartos and clearos, make sure you give it a couple of second or 3 to let the e-liquid socks thru the wick. (meaning don't repeatedly try to vap and get dry burn and ruins your wick and than you will have to rebuild or get new ones. (I learned that the hard way! you can not clean nor wash your cart no matter what. )
3rd - Drink lots of water. (that has been mentioned above.)
4th - I like Red Bull falvor that came with my kit. (bought 3 others flavors also and they are all yuk!!) Shake well before putting the juice in and shake it every now and than while vaping. I Just rotate the e-cig in my hand so it stay mixed.. I find that the flavor come thru good if I do that and if I don't the thing tastes like candle wax!
I'm looking for more flavor and heard that ry4 is fav amongs the users here. So, I ordered one.

Wish me luck and good to see you here.

PS. try to order small ones (flavor) until you find the ones you like. I bought a large bottle of crap and I didn't like it. It's wasted.:unsure:

Last edited:
Yeah, my cousin let me try hers and loved it so wanted the same set up as she got so I could do it right the first time and not waste my money on a bunch of stuff I didn't want or need. I got all my equipment in today and started using it tonight, with my cousins help in getting me up and vaping - I am enjoying it more than smoking believe it or not.... can't wait to try the vanilla flavor juice, going to order that one next time.....

debcartee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Spokane WA
lock away your credit cards- failing that get a nice storage solution for all the stuff you're gonna buy(a foot locker should hold most of it). make sure you run out and buy every juice flavor every one will swear is the best and greatest thing ever made. don't forget that whatever way you enjoy vaping it is wrong and you need another tank, clearo or atomizer. make sure you buy plenty of wick and coil material, because if you don't make your own you are not REALLY vaping and enjoying the true flavor of your juice. be prepared to never be satisfied and if you want proof just scan this forum regularly. and most important, after you have been vaping a few weeks you are now an expert and make sure to tell every one else the equipment they need and the juice they should be using. enjoy!

Wow attitude much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread