New to vaping, could use some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan1969

Dec 22, 2016
I've smoked a pipe for over 20 years. I like to just puff on it hands free so I can do things with my hands.

I'm wondering if there is a lightweight pipe that triggers on inhaling somewhere? I bought an epuffer 609, but it requires you to press a button and it's ridiculously heavy. Can't clamp it in my mouth.

I'm also wondering if a regular ecig would work better. If you've got any recommendations, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
I'm no epipe expert, but here's a little cheapy they almost pay you to take away. You'd still need to put some kind of atomizer on it. Diablo Mini e-Pipes | Madvapes Of course that's no good if you want something that's a more realistic looking pipe. I would guess most of those are pretty heavy. So you don't want big clouds or anything, just puff to taste?

This is sort of interesting, it has auto for puffing and manual for harder hits. Vapourettes | Electronic Cigarettes

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I've smoked a pipe for over 20 years. I like to just puff on it hands free so I can do things with my hands.

I'm wondering if there is a lightweight pipe that triggers on inhaling somewhere? I bought an epuffer 609, but it requires you to press a button and it's ridiculously heavy. Can't clamp it in my mouth.

I'm also wondering if a regular ecig would work better. If you've got any recommendations, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.
I smoked pipes once upon a time. A useful ecig is more like a calabash with a meerschaum bowl, too heavy to use without keeping a hand on it. There may be some pressure activated cigalikes so light and small but tiny batteries, wimpy vapor and cost might be discouraging.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

Thanks.
These are not pipes but look at the icare Mini or Juul.

No button to press. Activates on inhale, and pretty light in weight.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Most 'regular' e-cigs that look like a plastic cigarette (cig-a-likes) and have an automatic puff are 1) extortionately expensive and 2) over-hyped and under-performing.
It's a murky area of shady business designed to take folks money over selling a quality product. Be careful.
A $30 (pipe) mod with a $15 tank will leave the rip-off products where they belong; on the scrap heap of evolution.
Don't trust reviews on e-cigs unless you can verify claims from an independent source. The e-cigs claiming to be the best are usually the worst or 250% over-priced.
Always feel free to ask. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: steam heat

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks.
Welcome and glad you joined. Might want to google "vape: AIO = All-in-One". I would look into these. Your looking for a light weight battery+atomizer. Could check out Blu or something like that.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
May 2016 / Smoking Vapor
http://onvaping.com/guide/beginners...cig-battery-basics-cig-a-likes-egos-and-mods/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum
(4) Good Starter Setups for a Beginning Vapor | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread