New to vaping. Having issues with vaporesso swag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davirego

Nov 4, 2019
First, hello. I have a vaporesso swag for a month now. But it suddenly started to oscillate its resistance readings. Jumping from 0.4( wich should be acurate) to 0.29, then 0.3. 0.04 and now getting the messages ( atomizer short and low tomizer) tried to changw the coil. And it can't read the new resistances. Showing 0.00 ohms or 0.04 ohms. Tries to take out my awt battery and giving it a full charge but still nothing changed. Also tried to push the 510 connection. Taking it out. Cleaning it . Drying and such. Any idea what might be happening? Thank you

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    I messed arround with the 510 pin connection I think that might be the issue but idk how. Wither that or the battery. Since I changed the coils and they aren't reading or fastly fluctuating values from 00.2 00.0 short atomizer message and sometimes the proper value. Any tips?

If you took the 510 pin out make sure it's back in 100% properly.
    It may not be making a proper connection since you played with it a bit:D

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I messed arround with the 510 pin connection I think that might be the issue but idk how. Wither that or the battery. Since I changed the coils and they aren't reading or fastly fluctuating values from 00.2 00.0 short atomizer message and sometimes the proper value. Any tips?
    To elaborate on @Daniel Forsyth ’s comment, weird changes in resistance usually mean a bad connection somewhere. It may not have been the 510 pin but it might be now. My personal bet is there is something wrong with either the coil or the connector to the coil (like a hair in there or something). There may also be something up with the 510 pin, either earlier or now. They can also be a short or near short but that’s more of an RBA thing and you don’t have an RBA.

Davirego

Nov 4, 2019
    I'm thinking about buying a rta "ammit 22mm mtl rda " by geekvape to figure out if it's the pin or the coil/tank itself. Do you think this one will fit the narrow space for the tank of the swag kit?
    Edit: from searching on Google it should.
    Anything else I should buy with it. Or it comes with what I need to set it up?

I also took out the 510 oin. Cleaned it up a bit , outed it back and still having connection problems D:

Last edited:
    • Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I'm thinking about buying a rta "ammit 22mm rda " by geelvape to figure out if it's the pin or the coil/tank itself. Do you think this one will fit the narrow space for the tank of the swag kit?
    Edit: from searching on Google it should.
    Anything else I should buy with it. Or it comes with what I need to set it up?

I also took out the 510 oin. Cleaned it up a bit , outed it back and still having connection problems D:
    Did you change the coil cartridge?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I'm thinking about buying a rta "serpent smm" by wotofoko to figure out if it's the pin or the coil/tank itself. Do you think this one will fit the narrow space for the tank of the swag kit?

The coil is a strong suspect. Make sure it's screwed in tight. Try another coil to see if the problem goes away. There's always the possibility that the coil isn't screwing in deep enough and it's barely making contact or the wire in the coil is intermittently making contact with the atomizer body. Some/most factory coils are assembled in the atomizer body with the wire held in place with the rubber insulators in the coil body sections.

Coils are expensive compared to winding your own. YouTube is full of demonstrations on winding your own coils. A $7 coil of 28 gauge SS316 wire will last you a year or more and it's easy to wind a coil and screw it down on the coil deck of a rebuildable atomizer. Stainless Steel wire (SS316L) will allow you to use power mode or temperature control mode.

Last edited:

Davirego

Nov 4, 2019
    The coil is a strong suspect. Make sure it's screwed in tight. Try another coil to see if the problem goes away. There's always the possibility that the coil isn't screwing in deep enough and it's barely making contact or the wire in the coil is intermittently making contact with the atomizer body. Some/most factory coils are assembled in the atomizer body with the wire held in place with the rubber insulators in the coil body sections.

Coils are expensive compared to winding your own. YouTube is full of demonstrations on winding your own coils. A $7 coil of 28 gauge SS316 wire will last you a year or more and it's easy to wind a coil and screw it down on the coil deck of a rebuildable atomizer. Stainless Steel wire (SS316L) will allow you to use power mode or temperature control mode.
    I think I will buy the " mtl rda 22mm" from geekvape. I'm pretty sure it should fit the vaporesso swag tank space. Also I will spend some time looking how to make my own coils for that rda. Any links or acessories I should know before hand on how to build a coil. Aside from the organic cotton. Any recommendation of wires besides the " ss316l ( stainless steel)
    Ty for your answers it has helped a lot. When my mtl rda arrives ( should take a week or so) I will inquiry about new questions on any problem I come building the coil.

• Optimistic

Marper

Moved On
    May 20, 2019
    There's a few different wires, kanthal is the main used wire then stainless and you can get nichrome, each has its uses.
    You can get other wire like titanium but never used it.
    With each wire type you must be certain of any allergies and understand the principles of heat and the types of wire you will use, nichrome can cause an allergic reaction in some people as can stainless, most probably why most stock coils are kanthal.
    Each different wire type has a different resistance profile for the same gauge, stainless hits fast while kanthal is less hard hitting

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Thx for the links brother Bob!
    Your very welcome.
    Thanks for the personal reply. If you get tired typing out your appreciation or just want to let a poster know your feelings, you can click "like" (the thumbs up) icon,or other icons, at bottom right hand corner of this post. Just run you mouse pointer over each symbol for printed description of this frame/post,this action will notify the respondent of your following response whether your the original poster or a interested reader.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    t suddenly started to oscillate its resistance readings. Jumping from 0.4( wich should be acurate) to 0.29, then 0.3. 0.04 and now getting the messages ( atomizer short and low tomizer) tried to changw the coil. And it can't read the new resistances.

Were the coils you've tried factory installed in the tank...or included with the tank???

I've had NEW Nautilus AND Zenith tanks that had oscillating resistances, leaking and other problems with their factory installed or included coils...

Once I replaced those coils with coils from a separately purchased 5-Pack...ALL their problems were resolved...:thumbs:

:2c:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread