New to vaping, need help (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanH

Mar 6, 2012
Portsmouth
HI, I'm looking to get into e-cigarettes as it seems a great way to improve health risks while still "smoking." Really excited to get started but I have a few questions.

I like the look of the slimmer e-cigarettes and have looked at the US brand 'cigarti' which are the right size I'm after and have a great variety of stylish designs.

However there are two problems with cigarti: They are from the US with a shipping cost of about £20 >< and they are not built to be refillable, though I have seen a youtube video of how to open and fill them your own e-liquid. Seems pretty simple but I would prefer a brand that were designed to be refilled. I am very keen to get into mixxing and have looked alot on the 'Totally Wicked' site and learned much about it.

So my question is, is there a UK brand of e-cigarettes which offer the slim size (the popular titan ones are huge wtf) and the stylish designs (rather than plain white, black, red etc) similar to cigarti, as well as being made to be refilled.

I'm very keen to get the right e-cigarette before I get stuck in with mixing and don't want to go through several brands before finding the right one which is why I pose this question :)

Just a quick addition. Money isn't as big an issue as getting the right size / designs / refillability so if there is an american brand that offers what I'm after then I would have no problem importing.

thanks for reading, any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Damper

Feb 22, 2012
Norway
Hi -

maybe this would be good as a first kit?? No fancy color, but practical and slim style. 510 conector opens for easy refilling of carts. I would order some spare Boge SR cartomizers and a second battery with this - as well as some samples of juice. And if you would like something small and different with a tad more batterylife to use with the same cartos - the SD Keyring kit (found on the same site) is COOL:2cool:

Last edited:

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
The vast majority get real tired of changing batteries every hour with the slim, mini-battery models.

Rule of Thumb: "generally", the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance.

I would suggest that you get a good beginner model that will give you 5 - 7 hours on a charge instead an hour+ with the mini-battery model you are looking at. These are the size of a slim cigar or sharpie pen. The site in the UK that is well supported here on ECF is Liberty Flights. I would get an E-Power 510 or a Riva 510. You will be better served in the the long run:

Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - EGO E-Power

Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Riva 510

And stick with manual batteries for better performance and safety.

Good Luck

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
What Wv2win said. Liberty-Flights here in the US is top notch. I'm sure their UK store is also.
I just got my first eGo/Riva style ecig and I was amazed how small it really is for a battery 5X bigger than what you get in one of those cig lookalikes. I've been using bigger fancier ecigs for almost 2 years now, but I got a couple "Fireflies" and I like them a lot. Very compact, sylish and they peform great so far. It's about the size of a Sharpie marker without the cap and has a ring near the bottom that lights up to tell you how much battery you have left. Very cool. Plus, there's a built in LED flashlight that comes in handy sometimes. They take any of the standard 510 cartos that you can refill yourself. I'm vaping on one right now.

UncleW

Mar 3, 2012
Finland
I'd suggest riva or ego as well.
As boge kits are out of stock from liberty Uk get the Black Riva 510-T - SE Edition and low resistance boges.

Links
Riva starter kit:
Riva 510-T
Black Riva 510-T - SE Edition

Low restance 2.0ohm boge cartomizers:
Boge Cartomizers
Boge 510 Cartomizer 2.0 Ohm (Black) - 5 Pack
Boge 510 Cartomizer 2.0 Ohm (Steel) - 5 Pack

You can make it look cool with different cones and drip tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread