New to Vaping....Need Help with Menthol Ejuice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,
First i would like to thank the site and some of it's members for their adivice.i found the site while researching ecigs, and bought a joye 510 based on the reviews i read here. i am happy with it. i ordered it from ecigexpress and was impressed with their quick delivery (2days).i also ordered a bottle of their 24mg minty menthol e-liquid and love the flavor,but found that the nicotine is too strong. i went back to the ecigexpress site to order the medium strength and they were out of it ( in all strengths). i probably should have just ordered their other menthol flavor but it doesnt say that it is made in the usa and that is important to me, at least for now. so i read some reviews here and ordered a bottle of johnson creek's artic menthol. i am very disappointed with it. i'm not even sure they sent me the right stuff..it tastes sort of sweetish with maybe a slight hint of menthol. i'm not even sure about that though, it just tastes bad and doesnt produce good vapor. i have smoked at least a pack of salem lights per day for over 30 years and kools for 8 before that so i know my menthols. can you recommend a great menthol juice with a good throat hit in the 18mg strength? i do not want it to be made in china. also is there a way to cut the nicotine in the minty menthol juice that i have now without reducing the flavor? not only is ecigexpress out of this flavor but they are moving and say to expect a 5 day delay in shipping. i need to work this out asap. i have been smoke free for the last 36 hours, my longest stretch in 38 years. i really want to quit for good and know i can do this with my 510 and the right juice. please please help.
Thank you

RedAlert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2010
NJ

BababooeyHTJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2010
Hartford
I smoked 2 packs a day of parliment lights and found 12mg juice to be perfect. I never liked any Tobacco flavored juice but I haven't tried too many. Honestly you might just want to try a mint flavored juice like Tasty Vapor mint chocolate chip or TV's mojito. I personally don't like mint flavored vapes but I also didn't like menthol cigarettes. Might be worth trying.

You could also go to Viking Vapor and pick up a bunch of small sample bottles to get an idea of what you like as far as flavor and VG%, I personally don't like more than 20% VG. Viking Vapor sells small 7.5ml bottles for less than most people sell 5ml bottles for. You could also try a few things from Vapor bomb, their juices aren't too expensive either.

I spent a decent amount of money on juices that I didn't like when I first started vaping. I pretty much just vape Tasty Vapor juices now but they sadly don't do small sample bottles.

Janetda

ECF Veteran
Have you considered making your own? It's really not that hard to do. You can buy unflavored nicotine liquid, PG and VG and then go to some where like Perfumers Apprentice for all sorts of different flavorings. There are several other DIY sites too. I like to DIY, that way I pretty much know exactly what I'm vaping and I can play with the flavors until I get them just the way I like them. :)

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
okay i must have said something wrong because no one is responding to this my first post. if so please set me str8 i want to be a kind and respectful member

You didn't do anything wrong. Just takes a bit to get around to threads sometimes. It would be nice if you capitalized the first letter of your sentences though. Makes it harder to read your message. :)

Tasty Vapor's tobacco menthol tastes very much like a menthol cigarette.

The Johnson's Creek Arctic Menthol does have a pretty weak menthol taste. I rather like it though. I put a couple of drops of straight menthol juice into it and it brings out the flavor very nicely.

dale5671

Jun 28, 2010
indiana usa
Hello Everyone,
First i would like to thank the site and some of it's members for their adivice.i found the site while researching ecigs, and bought a joye 510 based on the reviews i read here. i am happy with it. i ordered it from ecigexpress and was impressed with their quick delivery (2days).i also ordered a bottle of their 24mg minty menthol e-liquid and love the flavor,but found that the nicotine is too strong. i went back to the ecigexpress site to order the medium strength and they were out of it ( in all strengths). i probably should have just ordered their other menthol flavor but it doesnt say that it is made in the usa and that is important to me, at least for now. so i read some reviews here and ordered a bottle of johnson creek's artic menthol. i am very disappointed with it. i'm not even sure they sent me the right stuff..it tastes sort of sweetish with maybe a slight hint of menthol. i'm not even sure about that though, it just tastes bad and doesnt produce good vapor. i have smoked at least a pack of salem lights per day for over 30 years and kools for 8 before that so i know my menthols. can you recommend a great menthol juice with a good throat hit in the 18mg strength? i do not want it to be made in china. also is there a way to cut the nicotine in the minty menthol juice that i have now without reducing the flavor? not only is ecigexpress out of this flavor but they are moving and say to expect a 5 day delay in shipping. i need to work this out asap. i have been smoke free for the last 36 hours, my longest stretch in 38 years. i really want to quit for good and know i can do this with my 510 and the right juice. please please help.
Thank you

Don't want to burst your bubble but made in USA probly means mixed in USA. I think all the nicotene comes from China.

You didn't do anything wrong. Just takes a bit to get around to threads sometimes. It would be nice if you capitalized the first letter of your sentences though. Makes it harder to read your message. :)

Tasty Vapor tobacco menthol tastes very much like a menthol cigarette.

The Johnson's Creek Arctic Menthol does have a pretty weak menthol taste. I rather like it though. I put a couple of drops of straight menthol juice into it and it brings out the flavor very nicely.
Thank you for you help. Sorry about the caps thing. I post alot on poker forums and..well thats just how we do it. When you say that you put a couple drops of straight menthol into it. Are you referring to like Menthol Mania? With the Tasty Vapor tobacco menthol juice what % of VG do you use?

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
I don't really care much about throat hit (which you get from PG), but I love big plumes of vapor (which you get from VG). I get the most VG that I can in any juice.

For my last batch, I just put in a couple of drops of premixed menthol juice I got from another vendor. For my next batch, I bought some menthol crystals and will be making my own menthol flavoring.

Here's a video that shows how to make menthol flavoring.

YouTube - How to Make TheGreen's VS XS Menthol Mix Flavoring As Heard on VaporCast

Menthol smoker for 22 years, thought I would love at least some of the different menthols
available. I wound up using Peppermint about 70 % of the time.
The other 30% is toffee or caramel. Never expected that. :)

Good luck! And DIY is very easy. Even if you don't want to go the complete DIY route,
it's great to have a few things on hand. I keep adding flavor or diluting it.

alli

o4_srt

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Lancaster, PA
I get my menthol from Perfumers Apprentice. I can make anything menthol flavored if I want to, but I tend to vape the pure stuff. Finally, I have the menthol I was searching for :)

I use their menthol as well, the concentrated stuff diluted in alcohol. GREAT for kicking up the menthol before a long night of drinking :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread