New to vaping/New member

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBPlayer2112

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2012
Northern Illinois
Hello there!

I've just recently starting vaping on Oct. 27th of this year.
Like a lot of people I picked up a Blu starter kit at my local Walgreens. I saw a T.V. ad for them and thought, 'Huh, so those electric cigarettes are really a thing now'. So far it's been getting the job done and I'm down to 2 stinkys a day. Usually light up after a meal, but going from a pack a day down to two is pretty awesome for me. :)
I recently took advantage of the sales that JC was having yesterday and ordered a Vea kit with a sample pack of juice. Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow.

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the forums. I really wish I would of found this place before diving in with my first starter kit.

Just glad that there is a place like this on the net that's seems to have supportive members with a wealth of information. I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and think I've found a new regular stop on the internet. Cheers and happy vaping! :toast:

feolip

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
Austin, TX
Congrats, TBPlayer!

I'm new to the forum too. I started vaping on Aug 23 and fully quit smoking on Oct 11th. I have really enjoyed all the flavors available. I've even started making my own e-juice. Not that hard, really. Saves a lot of $$! As far as e cigs go, I started out with the e-go. It has a usb charger on the end they call it a pass thru which is good if the battery dies I can still vape while its pluged in! Good job again on throwing away those cancer sticks!

TBPlayer2112

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2012
Northern Illinois
Thank-you for the responses and words of encouragement. :blush:
I've tried everything to quit smoking-patches, gums, cold turkey,(shivers) and nothing would work for me. With vaping I know I can achieve my goal, and what a wonderful way to do it! I remember seeing ecigs years ago but was very skeptical about the whole thing. But now to learn that there's a whole burgeoning industry around it is very exciting.
I'm going to try and keep my vaping as low cost as possible. With my music, golf and videogames I already have some pretty expensive hobbies.
Thanks again folks!

kariM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Lethbridge, AB, CA
Hi TBPlayer - I was just behind you. I started vaping 5 weeks ago - on Oct 30th. I had already ordered a kit for a cigarette "like" before I found ECB. I was also hanging onto 2-3 analogs a day - mostly after meals. The little Colibri was good enough to show me that this vaping was going to work for me. When I got my eGo Twists 5 days ago I gave up the last 1 a day cigarette I was having.

I agree the support here is great. Glad you found it too. :toast:

Rar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2011
Champlain Valley, NY
Welcome TB. I, too, started with the Blu in February of last year. Shortly after, I joined this forum and as I learned more about e-cigaretes, the equipment and juices, I began to branch out. I have been smokefree since 4/1/11, and I credit it entirely to the e-cigarette. You have taken an important step. Congratulations.

Last edited:

TBPlayer2112

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2012
Northern Illinois
I had six packs left in the carton when I bought my starter kit. There's still one unopened and I have @ 1/2 a pack opened atm. I can't believe that I was able to stretch them out that long. A buddy of mine is coming over tomorrow and I'll give the unopened pack to him. I've been talking about vaping and he's interested in it. His daughter is 3yrs old now and he's been trying to quit off and on as well.
On second thought I'll probably just put them in the trash when my new kit gets here. :thumbs:

Rar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2011
Champlain Valley, NY
I had six packs left in the carton when I bought my starter kit. There's still one unopened and I have @ 1/2 a pack opened atm. I can't believe that I was able to stretch them out that long. A buddy of mine is coming over tomorrow and I'll give the unopened pack to him. I've been talking about vaping and he's interested in it. His daughter is 3yrs old now and he's been trying to quit off and on as well.
On second thought I'll probably just put them in the trash when my new kit gets here. :thumbs:

YIPPEE! :vapor: :banana:

TBPlayer2112

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2012
Northern Illinois
My Mother was the main reason I decided to quit. She's been living with COPD now for the past two years and it's really hard on her. She was a lite smoker all her life. Doesn't matter, it's gonna catch up with ya sooner or later. I see what she's going through and I really don't want to have to deal with that myself. When I showed her my ecig she couldn't believe it.

TBPlayer2112

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2012
Northern Illinois
Yes, yes it is.

I'm looking for new reviewers as I have finished all of GrimmGreen, PBusardo and igetcha69 videos.. maybe check out that FieldOfVapor guy.

I've been watching Grimm and PBusardo a lot myself. Great info and they seem pretty much on the up and up in the community as well. I don't think I'll ever get to that level of a vaping connoisseur, but I also didn't think I'd ever shell out $500 for a new golf club either. :blush:

Rar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2011
Champlain Valley, NY
My Mother was the main reason I decided to quit. She's been living with COPD now for the past two years and it's really hard on her. She was a lite smoker all her life. Doesn't matter, it's gonna catch up with ya sooner or later. I see what she's going through and I really don't want to have to deal with that myself. When I showed her my ecig she couldn't believe it.

Has your mom quit yet? If not, perhaps you can introduce her to the e-cig?

TBPlayer2112

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2012
Northern Illinois
Has your mom quit yet? If not, perhaps you can introduce her to the e-cig?

Oh yeah, she's been smoke free for over 2yrs now. She's interested in the ecigs but with no nicotine. She's gonna ask her doctor about it and see what he thinks about her picking it up. Her COPD is actually a much milder case then we first thought but she's on oxygen 24/7 and has really bad asthma like bouts of not being able to breathe once every few months. They got her on all kinds of meds too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread