new to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Hmm, 50/50. I have standard T3s, but when 50/50, 30/70, 0/100 I remove wicks out of the head. 50/50 remove 1 of the flavor wicks, 30/70+ both flavor wicks and just leave the coil wick. Also depending on your liquid if it dark or very, very sweet right about 2 days is when the coil gets gunked up pretty bad, so clean it in hot water and maybe soak in some cheap vodka or everclear for about 10-20 minutes, let dry and dry burn the coil clean. Dissambly of the coil head for these 3 maintenance steps is simple. Remove the top gasket on the tube, set it aside where you won't lose it. Then with a pair of pliers, gently wiggle the tube off the head, be careful not to bend the holding flanges. Once off set it aside with the gasket, now the wicks are exposed, you should have 3 wicks exposed now, 2 small floating on top of the coil, and the coil wrapped around a thicker wick, take one of the thinner floating wicks off for 70/30 or 50/50, both floating wicks for 30/70 and 0/100. Using tweezers, tooth pick, paper clip, or needle nose pliers, reposition the floating wick with the coil wick evenly, carefully press the tube back into the flanges, replace gasket, reseat into the tank, letting it sit upright a few minutes to soak up juice into the wicks. Dry burning after cleaning the head, don't replace any wicks or the tube, place the head onto your battery and in 2 second intervals, power the coil up, keep doing this until you get an even red glow across the whole coil, blowing on it between burns to blow away the gunk vapor, then reassemble. Another trick to do if you are getting burned or dry hits, remove the tank, plug the bottom hole on the post, and pull a couple draws on the mouth piece to pull liquid into the coil and start feeding again, unplug, and replace onto your battery. hth a bit.

Pazazu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
North Carolina
As per the info card that came with my kanger protank, 3.7 volts is too hot for a 1.8 ohm. Try a 2.2 I know a lot of people like to run a little hotter than they should, mostly more experienced vape'rs, for a new guy you're probably going to get the best results if you stick with the recommended specs.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
If i go to a 80pg 20vg would that help and my flavor now is green apple im still experimenting with flavors and such im an ex smoker of 20+ years now

You can get away with not removing a wick with a 70/30 - 100/0 Liquid. But it could be a combination of to thick a liquid and a coil running to hot. But the most part it sounds like you are not getting liquid to the coil fast enough, and a thinner liquid should fix this. Stepping up to a 2.2-2.5 ohm coil might help as well. Until you change either or, try doing dry pulls before firing every couple vapes or a suction pull like stated above to draw liquid in.

@Pazazu
He has about the same setup as I am running, T3s on 1100mah Ego, though mine is pass-through, I'm running the same coil setup on my T3s that he is, most Egos run a normal 3.3 unless like the Ego-C V2 you can set it into unregulated mode to run 3.7 on a full charge and decreases down as you run between charges, regulated mode 3.3 is the output 90% of the charge, so a 1.8 coil isn't going to burn like you are thinking it is. It is mainly sounding like a slow wicking problem mainly to me.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
It does sound like a dry wicking problem to me as well, but I can also say that I've had terrible luck with 1.8ohm clearos. They just burned way too hot esp. when the battery was still fresh.

I would try some 2.2 - 2.4 ohm replacement coils and see if that is more to your liking, it was for me.

If top coils, lay the clearomizer on it's side for a while after filling and then roll it after a few minutes, really let those wicks get wet. Sometimes I would do that at night and they were pretty nicely wet in the a.m. :)

adammatt333

May 2, 2013
Clovis, CA
Your battery will work with a lot of devices you just need to find the right vape for you(the true point)
3.7 volts will work well with low to standard resistance cartomizers(which I recommend)
Personally I use a Boge F16 cartomizer with a tank, because I vape all day
http://www.vaporbeast.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=boge+f16&Submit=Search

It truly starts off very frustrating at first...

Pazazu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
North Carolina
You can get away with not removing a wick with a 70/30 - 100/0 Liquid. But it could be a combination of to thick a liquid and a coil running to hot. But the most part it sounds like you are not getting liquid to the coil fast enough, and a thinner liquid should fix this. Stepping up to a 2.2-2.5 ohm coil might help as well. Until you change either or, try doing dry pulls before firing every couple vapes or a suction pull like stated above to draw liquid in.

@Pazazu
He has about the same setup as I am running, T3s on 1100mah Ego, though mine is pass-through, I'm running the same coil setup on my T3s that he is, most Egos run a normal 3.3 unless like the Ego-C V2 you can set it into unregulated mode to run 3.7 on a full charge and decreases down as you run between charges, regulated mode 3.3 is the output 90% of the charge, so a 1.8 coil isn't going to burn like you are thinking it is. It is mainly sounding like a slow wicking problem mainly to me.

Oh right right, yeah 3.3 would be perfect for the 1.8, I was thinking 3.7 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread