New to Vaping .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well first timer 23 year smoker and hoping to kick the habit for the kids. Patches and gum didn't help, patches let off to inconsistent nic, sometimes not enough and sometimes too much no matter the nic level, gum left to gross oily film which I didn't care for, cold turkey was a disaster. So now found canadavapes.com and just received the ego-ce5 starter kit today along with a 4 10ml bottles to find the right flavour and nic strength. first few vapes was a little different but getting used to it so will see how this works out. How is the ce5 wickless? Did I make a good purchase? or is it just a base model?

Have no idea what vaping was and what all the different types of devices there are. What is the best set up? Gives the best vape experience? Live pretty well in the middle of nowhere and it took a couple weeks to get this so cannot really test this and that.

Last edited:

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
Well first timer 23 year smoker and hoping to kick the habit for the kids. Patches and gum didn't help, patches let off to inconsistent nic, sometimes not enough and sometimes too much no matter the nic level, gum left to gross oily film which I didn't care for, cold turkey was a disaster. So now found canadavapes.com and just received the ego-ce5 starter kit today along with a 4 10ml bottles to find the right flavour and nic strength. first few vapes was a little different but getting used to it so will see how this works out.

You've taken an enormous and very positive step. Congrats on taking steps to get away from burning analogs!

Have no idea what vaping was and what all the different types of devices there are. What is the best set up? Gives the best vape experience? Live pretty well in the middle of nowhere and it took a couple weeks to get this so cannot really test this and that.
There's the tricky (and honestly, kind of fun) aspect to this. Everyone is going to have their own personal preferences, and so will you! The good news is that you've joined a friendly and informative community where members are willing to share their personal experiences (good and bad), tell you what they personally like (and why they do) and explain some of the various rigs and devices (there are more than a few, but the learning curve isn't too steep and people here are very eager to share their knowledge).

So, welcome to this site and the community. Congrats again at taking steps to get off of burners, and just take your time, get to know the site and the folks here as they share their insight and you'll be making well-informed personal decisions for yourself in no time!

TruckDrivinMama

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2013
CA, USA
Hi Puffer,
Congrats on the switch and welcome. If you want something good on the wallet without spending over $100, you could go for the innokin MVP kit. I got the innokin MVP 2 now with variable voltage (can adjust power for different atty resistance), passthrough (can plug into the wall charging and can vape at the same time), and can even act as a charger for your mobile phone and ipads, etc. bought mine for $50 USD from a local mum and pop store but i can suggest online vendors if you want.

For something less bulky than the mvp, i love Joyetech eGo passthrough batteries with passthrough functions. Mine has been faithful for more than 2 years.

For toppers, what do you prefer? Tanks? Clearomisers? Cartomisers? Tankomisers? Feel free to let me know and i can rack up suggestions for you.

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2013
Hurricane Alley, FL. USA
Welcome to ECF
Just to start:
don't let your tank run too low on juice and don't fill them to the very top.
the best set up is really the one that gets you to stay off the cigs, it could be the one you have.
after you get the hang of it, you can explore like crazy..
Keep an extra ego battery and clearomizer (preferably a bottom coil) like a Kanger Evod $6 at hand.
Browze thru this site - there are many forums and threads that will help out greatly.
Good Luck !

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
Nunavut.. wow you really are far out!! If you decide for sure your going to vape and quit cigs make sure you have plenty of supplies juice and batteries, i can imagine shipping up there would take forever. If i had to wait weeks i would probably relapse.

Goodluck on your journey.
*Googles Nunavut*

:ohmy:

Jewels

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I use these with various eGo batteries: 5pc eGo 3ml Tabac/KangerTech T3 BCC (Bottom Coil Changeable) Clear cartomizer/Clearomizer

eGo BCC Clearomizer - 5pc eGo 3ml Tabac/KangerTech T3 BCC (Bottom Coil Changeable) Clear cartomizer/Clearomizer

They work great - are not prone to burning and leaking - and will fit your eGo battery.

You may want to get 1 to 3 more batteries - and make sure you have 2 chargers (or at least one charger and an eGo pass-thru) - and plenty of tanks to keep you off the stinkies! :)

Thanks guys, Just finishing off the graveyard shift and to my surprise only had 1 analog!! Found out the hard way though about why some were recommending a bottom coil as when my juice got 1/2 way on this ce5 started getting a burnt taste first time just about gave it up. Now think I will order this mini Davide Glassomizer for a bottom coil and when the funds allow will try a ego twist to see what that is about. Thanks for the tips and this is such a great community did a bunch of reading and still have a lot to learn. Have a great day FROM THE TOP OF THE WORLD!!! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread