Status
Not open for further replies.

2pak2zero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
Say I have a question about batteries or why my tasters dont work. Can we just ask them within nicoticket realm or will or will admins move them to appropriate sub forum? I know they do this in general discussion. Just wondering as all my trusted advisors are here.

snt from a lirtle phond using ny stibby fungers.

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
Yep. And I like answers quick, so if I ask in main thread I get 10 answers quick. Post a new thread and ya get crickets.

We're creatures of habit. I have to make a conscious effort to leave the thread and check the forum.
Crickets are cool . . . :unsure:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Say I have a question about batteries or why my tasters dont work. Can we just ask them within nicoticket realm or will or will admins move them to appropriate sub forum? I know they do this in general discussion. Just wondering as all my trusted advisors are here.

Honestly, I think we will all need a bit of retraining. I'm already attending to the "other threads" first. I *love* the social aspect of the Virtual Vapemeet and I will continue to read and participate in it... but if it's a potential FAQ, and vaping related, I'd love for people to break it out of the Vapemeet and start a new thread. I know it will be a work in progress.

The best way to attend to all new posts is to sub to the entire forum!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Yep. And I like answers quick, so if I ask in main thread I get 10 answers quick. Post a new thread and ya get crickets.

I think that's the way it is now, by force of habit - but people will get increasingly comfortable starting a new thread for stuff that is outside the "social element."

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I know Clark wants us to diversify, but it's gonna be hard to step out.

Sent from my IPAD using my wife's missing nipples!

Just like we had a hand-full of regulars that thought rebuildables were intimidating - I am sure there are a few folks that will not want to step outside the confines of the single-thread format... and that's fine. I'm not forcing anyone to post elsewhere. That said, it's pretty much inevitable that there will be better response times on individual threads... it's a function of time... I hit the small easy to answer questions first... if it's business relevant, it's incumbent for me to attend to that before I dive into the Vapemeet. I think the gist of it is, if it's for Katy or I, definitely break it out of the Vapemeet for best results!

We are in the process of formulating some sticky posts and whatnot based on FAQs, information everyone should know, etc. This is a bare bones forum right now - it's going to take considerable time and effort for us to build it out and make it ours. I'm okay with that... we're going to be here a long time. Rome wasn't built in the day so I'm not too concerned about it.

2pak2zero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
Just like we had a hand-full of regulars that thought rebuildables were intimidating - I am sure there are a few folks that will not want to step outside the confines of the single-thread format... and that's fine. I'm not forcing anyone to post elsewhere. That said, it's pretty much inevitable that there will be better response times on individual threads... it's a function of time... I hit the small easy to answer questions first... if it's business relevant, it's incumbent for me to attend to that before I dive into the Vapemeet. I think the gist of it is, if it's for Katy or I, definitely break it out of the Vapemeet for best results!

We are in the process of formulating some sticky posts and whatnot based on FAQs, information everyone should know, etc. This is a bare bones forum right now - it's going to take considerable time and effort for us to build it out and make it ours. I'm okay with that... we're going to be here a long time. Rome wasn't built in the day so I'm not too concerned about it.

Well said sir. I guess when you said you wanted us to branch out a bit, I took that as marching orders and began trying to figure out how to do so. I will quit worrying now and let it happen.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Well said sir. I guess when you said you wanted us to branch out a bit, I took that as marching orders and began trying to figure out how to do so. I will quit worrying now and let it happen.

Organic results are more likely to stick than me forcing rules and expectations on everyone. Despite significantly enhanced admin privledges... I honestly don't anticipate using or abusing them. I think we'll find our flow and some balance will be achieved. The Virtual Vapemeet will never really die because the social element is a key element of all the interactions in the forum. You have to admit though, the *potential* for multiple threads is boundless... in as much as I have enjoyed spending time in the Virtual Vapemeet thread... I'm really looking forward to some threaded conversations that are coherent from one post to another.

I think about a potential newcomer who is not yet acclimated to the ebb and flow of the single thread format... WOW, intimidating. There are some times when a simple question is asked and there are a dozen other posts before the post is acknowledged. Wading through all that takes time of the question relatively simple.

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
Organic results are more likely to stick than me forcing rules and expectations on everyone. Despite significantly enhanced admin privledges... I honestly don't anticipate using or abusing them. I think we'll find our flow and some balance will be achieved. The Virtual Vapemeet will never really die because the social element is a key element of all the interactions in the forum. You have to admit though, the *potential* for multiple threads is boundless... in as much as I have enjoyed spending time in the Virtual Vapemeet thread... I'm really looking forward to some threaded conversations that are coherent from one post to another.

I think about a potential newcomer who is not yet acclimated to the ebb and flow of the single thread format... WOW, intimidating. There are some times when a simple question is asked and there are a dozen other posts before the post is acknowledged. Wading through all that takes time of the question relatively simple.

Good points. As you said earlier, it will take time for us to understand and utilize the full potential of the forum. Questions on the "old" thread may be replied to promptly, or have a lapse and have multiple responses.

It is daunting for a newcomer to step out when the "regulars" are going at it. It took me a while to figure out what was going on and then some to make my first post.

I can't speak for the rest of the family, but I'm on board for the ride.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Good points. As you said earlier, it will take time for us to understand and utilize the full potential of the forum. Questions on the "old" thread may be replied to promptly, or have a lapse and have multiple responses.

It is daunting for a newcomer to step out when the "regulars" are going at it. It took me a while to figure out what was going on and then some to make my first post.

I can't speak for the rest of the family, but I'm on board for the ride.

It's going to be a good ride for sure! Already enjoying the new digs! Need my IT guy to call me back so I can get the website patched up with the new vendor logo and link to this forum.

Claudia P

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Dayton, TN, USA
Hey I resemble that remark. :lol:

Actually until this morning I completely forgot there were other threads here now, maybe an occasional gentle reminder that these other threads are here would be a good idea. :)

taki1203

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2013
NorCal

Hey I resemble that remark. :lol:

Actually until this morning I completely forgot there were other threads here now, maybe an occasional gentle reminder that these other threads are here would be a good idea. :)

Speaking of which isn't there a 'Bear that needs some pushing?

DaBucs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2013
Orlando, Fl
Speaking of which isn't there a 'Bear that needs some pushing?

Apparently at my work this weekend, a small black bear got into one of the back lobbies after someone pressed the handicap plate to open the doors, went inside and the doors took a long time to close...bear got into the lobby area while the doors were open.

I'm trying to find the person who recorded it on video when they saw the bear in the lobby :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread