New user here....Aspire vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davect06607

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2015
Ct
I am a currently 1 pack a day cigarette smoker, hopefully soon to be ex smoker.
Just started vaping a few days ago, still using both at the moment, but have cut down on total cigarettes.

I picked up a Aspire CF Sub, w/ Aspire Atlantis tank. This is my first set up, so far so good.
My only complaint would be that the mouth peice is too big/wide, looking for something slimmer.

I picked up a few e-liquids. I am not caring too much for the sweet stuff at the moment, been sticking with tobacco flavor for now.
12mg of nicotine is creating a decent 'throat hit' (1st pull is making me cough), would 18mg be even worse?

The Atlantis tank has 4 setting for air flow, but I dont notice much difference.
Does letting more air in (largest hole) supposed to created more vaporor, or does less air = more vapor?

Looking forward to learning alot more about vaping and quitting these 'stink sticks'

Last edited:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum Dave. Glad to have you here!:)

If you are coughing with 12mg, 18mg would be worse.

The Atlantis is very "airy". It is made for people who like to direct lung inhale vs mouth-to-lung inhale. If you vape like you smoked (most people were MTL smokers) you will not be able to see much of a difference in all the Atlantis airflow settings.

More air = more vapor

Here are some getting started links for you.

1. New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
2. How to do ECF - Avitar / Post Pictures / Signature
3. How to Add Images / Videos

facedown

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Highland Park, IL, USA
Congratulations on making the decision to quit smoking! Welcome to ECF and you'll have plenty of support here. The transition will be a bit bumpy but have patience and stick with it and you'll get there. You've made a good choice for your first rig so you won't just outgrow it in a week. Many folks start off with tobacco flavored juices and for many 12 is plenty high enough nicotine. After a few days your sense of smell will start to improve and after a week or so your sense of taste will also start to change. As these thing happen your taste in juices will probably widen. For now the objective is to find something you can stick with as you make the transition from smoking to vaping so enjoy whatever flavors you like. Good luck!

Clay333

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2014
LaGrange, GA, US
I wouldn't say it is advisable to use more than 12mg in an Atlantis. I noticed when I first started vaping I figured the higher the nic the better, but it really doesn't work like that. You have to give your body about a week to acclimate to getting only nicotine instead of all the other chemicals in cigarettes. After you are acclimated you will be able to find just the right amount of nicotine. Good luck with your journey.

Davect06607

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2015
Ct
Thanks for the welcome all.
I have been using the 'MTL' method, just like i do with cigs. I can't do lung hits, too harsh on throat.
I am currently using 12mg, but am not getting enough nicotine it seems. I still crave a cig after using the vap for an hour.
I know its a rough quitting cigs. Hopefully soon i can add a "I quit" banner like Wissel Joes.

Wissel Joe

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2015
Medina, Ohio
I dont like the throat harshness so now i vape max Vg. Even after 72 days i still want a cigarette from time to time i have to talk myself down.
I searched for 2 months for a good tobacco flavor and Halo was the best i found, I did buy the other day a cheaper liquid like $6 for 15ml
Its made by Evolve, sweet virginia tobacco flavor its actually pretty good.
I bumped my nicotine up till i got dizzy then i backed it off..lol

Last edited:

Requiem33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Inwood, WV
Welcome to ECF.

The first few weeks are the roughest when transitioning and for some and myself I didn't quit cigs completely for a long time. I don't view it as a "I'm quitting smoking" mentality otherwise that just doesn't work for me. I looked at it as an "alternate delivery method" for my nicotine.

With that said there are thousands of chemicals in regular cigarettes that your body is having a withdrawl from. Anyone who has switched from brands to roll your own can attest to the same withdrawl symptoms (I know I did). But once you're past the other chemicals things will smooth out for you.

As for tobacco flavors I still like Uncle Junk's Jon Wayne. Still one of my favorite that is a tobacco with a hint of caramel.

Davect06607

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2015
Ct
Not even 2 weeks in and have upgraded already, :vapor:
Stepped up to a Sigelei Mini 30w, I found it toned down the harshness. Also stepped up the nicotine to 18mg, from 12 mg.
I am only using 5-10w setting, I love it. Analogs are down to 3-4 a day, from 1.5ppd. Analogs are beginning to taste bad!
ecig.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread