New User Intro & Reviews..

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisisfun

Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
boston
hello y'all..

started vaping 2wks ago..ecf has been an invaluable resource to get my experience dialed in..& here's my chance to give back.

So..a little over 2wks ago i finally decided to take the plunge..& f! me..i ordered a blu. after i ordered the blu i found ecf. thankfully, blu was on backorder & i had time to cancel my order (or so i thought)..they sent it to me anyway, billed me..i had a HORRIBLE experience with their "customer service"..ugh.

well, after cancelling the blu, i ordered a V4L kr808, which was the first ecig i got in the mail & experienced. now that i've moved on i'd hesitate to call it "great"..but it definitely did the job & the first couple days i smoked a couple of analogues & could barely finish them, if i did at all.

V4L: got the pack wit ha pcc, passthru, two batt's & then ordered a bunch of cartos. they were fast..it did the trick pretty darn well. truth is i loved the thing the first week...but i knew there was further to go, so after a week ordered something else. i'll be passing this kit on to a friend. wish i'd saved the money, kinda, but i'm not dissatisfied in the least.

so thanks to everyone here at ecf i ordered a riva 901 from liberty flights..i wanted something that would match the mega cartos from ikenvapes i'd already ordered ( didn't know yet that you supposedly need an adapter for 901to808).

dayum i'm happy to have the riva 901 great look & feel. started off with the supplied atomizers & carts as my ikenvape stuff hadn't come in yet. been using it with cherry cola & geoffs blend from tastyvapors . i also ordered a vanilla from TV, but i got it unsweetened & it probably could've used it. Liberty flights was also fast..dig it. however the supplied charger is finicky to say the least, couldn't get one of the supplied batteries to charge from it at all. though i could get it to charge from the V4L pcc. i need to get around to contacting them on that matter.

on sat when the riva came in with the TV juice, some of the gotvapes fluxomizers came in..mega boo on those! nasty taste wouldn't go away, even after "steeping" them overnight. ended up throwing the filled ones away, i've got 2 left if anyone wants them.

but today..dayum, my ikenvapes stuff came in, along with my 901 to 808 adapters & the 901 extension so i could use some of the V4L chargers with the riva manual batts. straight up..ikenvapes products are the shiznit..the shiznit i tell you!

from IKV i got some mega 808 cartos, LR901 attys & aluminum drip tips..& it's a totally differnt level of experience. the dripping the LR901 on my v4l pass through (pretty sure it's a solid 5 volts) gets a bit hot & takes too much flavor away, but dripping on the riva is great (ie: using the product as intended) the IKV mega 808s are amazing too..they're frickin' close to dripping the LRs, different, smoother..i like both.

I'll go ahead & put it out there that the mega808s work great *without* the 901to808 adapter. i used it both ways & i actually like it better without the adapter, less of the 808 airyness going on. more solid vapor production. i filled one carto with 80 drips just to see how much it would hold, not recommended, but it still worked, though a bit was coming into my mouth for 5 or so vapes. at least on the first fill, the mega808 will hold 70 drips just fine.

ok, just discovered that the mega808 carto i used without the adapter will now not work with an adapter on the riva901 or on the v4l 808 pass thru..oh well, no biggie, caveat emptor. still works on the 901 without an adapter.

isaac at IKV was awesome, as most of y'all know. i made a second order from him & before the first one left & he was great to deal with getting the orders combined & the difference in postage dealt with (i just had him send more cartos to make up the difference).

so i've got 2 fluxomizer 2.6-2.8ohm 1.8ml (xl) cartos i don't want & i'm not really diggin' the TV unsweetened vanilla (24mg, 10%vg) would be willing to trade, though i might try to sweeten it myself..need to look into the melting point of stevia/it's properties when burned as i'm not the biggest fan of sucralose (i wasn't for many, many years..that stuff is *horrible* for you, & yes i realize the irony of that coming from an ex-smoker).

enough for now..thanks ECF!

Last edited:

Valentine Michael Smith

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Pacific Northwest
thisisfun,

I had a similar experience yours, only mine was with the safe cig and not the blu. I plan on finding the first smoker who tells me they are wanting to quit and hand off the safe cig to them. When I do this I will explain that there are much better options and that if they even remotely enjoy the safe cig they should look into them immediately, actually I will probably suggest they check them out even if the don't like it. Anything to get the analogues out of someones hands.

Cheers,
VMS

thisisfun

Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
boston
maybe finding blu's director of customer services home phone# might've made a difference :)

also..i'm finding the v4l charger with the 901 extenders does a much better job (ie: an actual full charge) the supplied riva adapter just isn't adequate.

also..i'd trade any of the stuff i've offered for a 901to801 adapter..wanna try ikv's fusions & 801 attys..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread