New User, some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjgstevo

Sep 6, 2014
NC
So first of all hello, new user here - quitting (again) using patches but decided to try a low nicotine vape to use while driving or when otherwise tempted to smoke.

At my local shop they had way too many choices so I ended up with what I believe is the KangerTech EVOD starter kit but it doesn't look like some I've seen in videos or online. The closest "top" I can find is called a Kanger T2, but my battery is a P1403 (seems to be for EVOD) - is this OK?

What should I look for when buying replacements or accessory pieces?

photo.jpg

thanks~

jdake3265

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Santa Ana
Yes its ok, you definitely have the evod. But that tank is looking a bit weird, you should get a CE5 because it has replaceable atomizer heads and the airflow is pretty good for a basic starter tank. Also may i suggest getting a vision spinner X-2, its a variable voltage battery and it lasts longer between charges because the mah is higher.

PS: that tank looks supper cheap, almost like its a knockoff.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The battery you have is called an "eGo". Ego is not a brand name, but a class of battery. Brand or model names for eGo's can be Kanger Evod, Vision Spinner, or Joytech Twist.

It's hard to tell which clearomizer tank you have from the picture. Some are disposable; others allow replacing the coils when they go bad so that you can continue using the same tank.

Something to know is that the replacement coils are not intercompatible between different models or brands. For example, the replacement coils for an iClear 16 will not work in an Aspire CE5, and vice versa.

I suggest ordering your gear from trusted online vendors such as AltSmoke, Discount Vapors, or My Vapor Store.

clearomizers.jpg

sjgstevo

Sep 6, 2014
NC
Thanks for reply

When I google the CE5 it actually looks like what I have - thought it was the T2 just because I found it's picture similar.
Do you know if they are different? I thought she showed me an atomizer that came out but maybe not - does the tank and wick have to be replaced on mine?

photo (1).jpg

Are the Kanger parts pretty interchangeable?

Other random questions - should I store it standing up, upside down, doesn't matter? I'd hope it wouldn't matter but don't want oil leaking out.

Since these are oils, heat outdoors would change the vape? I am in NC and it gets -very- hot outside, wondering how this will affect it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I still can't tell from the pic what model/manufacturer tank you have.

Kanger parts are not necessarily intercompatible between models. They make an Evod, Evod-2, T3S, T3D, Protank 2 and 3, and the replacement coil heads may not be intercompatible between them.

It shouldn't matter how you store your tank, position wise. Marked changes in temperature, barometric pressure, and elevation can cause a tank to leak.

Last edited:

jdake3265

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Santa Ana
Don't store it upside down without the drip tip on, lol. Otherwise it doesn't matter. And don't be stupid and leave it in the sun all day. Store your juice somewhere nice and cool, and dark is a plus.

Trust me that is not a CE5, the drip tip is different and the shape of the tank is different, and the base is different.

Kanger makes interchangeable parts for most of their tanks, but I don't suggest getting a Kanger Tech product, they don't work that good.

j0sh

Sep 4, 2014
Indiana
The first thing that might confuse you is that there are two thread types involved with your battery. The "510 thread" and the "ego thread". This is a good thing because it means that most of what people are going to try to sell you will work with what you've got. I use batteries just like (or very similar) to yours and screw on at least half a dozen different types of tanks. This is a very common theme among vapers.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The first thing that might confuse you is that there are two thread types involved with your battery. The "510 thread" and the "ego thread". This is a good thing because it means that most of what people are going to try to sell you will work with what you've got. I use batteries just like (or very similar) to yours and screw on at least half a dozen different types of tanks. This is a very common theme among vapers.

ego-510 connector.jpg

inner 510 thread = male connector

outer ego thread = female "skirt" connector

sjgstevo

Sep 6, 2014
NC
Does it say esmart anywhere? Sure looks like it.
not that I can find

Hey new guy. Read everything on this site. check out the trusted vendors at the bottom. DO NOT USE PATCHES. relax. get the most trouble free gear and accessories to start. sorry. not much help here
I know it isn't the greatest review but I've quit twice now using patches, I only come back for the oral fixation and the taste, so am hoping vape will clear that up. I don't see "quitting" one addiction to create another, IE puffing on an e-cig all day isn't quitting necessarily, sure it is *safer* but I am still puffing and can easily relapse back to tobacco cigarettes.. using the e-cig alone I would still have cravings.
Using the patch completely clears your mind from that hourly I Got To Have It! feeling, by constantly getting nicotine there is no action and reward benefit of using a cigarette, be it electronic or not. I got the vape mostly since a lot of my friends smoke, it can be used socially still and while smelling real tobacco I can kill the immediate craving the patch doesn't cover, and also as I drive a lot so it can be boring in the car :)

the battery is the only thing I can actually identify as it says P1403 on the bottom silver part and KangerTech EVOD on the side.

thanks again for your replies
Is it good to 5-click it off if I am not going to use it for 45mins-hour or is that for more long-term storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread