New To Vaping, Questions About Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello all. I recently got my first e cig at a local shop - from what I understand it's a Kanger toptank evod, sold in the top evod starter kit.
I'd like some extra cartomizers so I can switch between flavors, but I was wondering what I need to know to pick one out. Does it have to be an exact part replacement, or with the cigalike style set ups can you mostly mix and match without worrying about safety and such?
Thanks!
Welcome and glad you joined. I use deep well RDA's. Deep wells are like mini tanks and give the best taste available. Deep wells can be cleaned/new wicked in a minute and be ready for a new juice for the lowest cost (FT approx $8/RDA). As to portability, air holes and drip tips can be quickly sealed/unsealed to insure no leakage. I use magma RDA/Origen V1 & V3 finned (3 post vert. but use in single horizontal).
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners

mengzi

Mar 9, 2017
Well, its been about 5 days now since I got the thing, and I don't really know how long the coil that came in it is supposed to last so I figured I'd go back to that shop and get some coils for backup, and finally sample some of their blends.

While there, I saw they carry toptank evod clearomizers, but they were about 14 dollars. For about the same price I picked up an Aspire K2 instead. It's 510 threaded and looks slightly silly on the battery, but it works WAY better - love at first puff! I get bigger, more lung-filling clouds but nothing uncomfortable, and the draw is much more comfortable for me, too.

In trying flavors I was shocked at how good their Turkish blend is. It's not like tobacco smoke per se, but it has a very pleasant unburned tobacco flavor along with some minor chocolatey notes that I really enjoyed. However, I didn't buy any of that.

Instead I got a 30ml bottle of GA Bear, which basically tastes like teddy grahams. I get honey, cinnamon, brown sugar and maybe a tiny bit of a buttery taste. Its pretty sweet but exactly the kind of deeper, mellower taste I wanted in contrast to the Ripe Strawberry I've been using.

I got coils for both - three for the Aspire and two for the Kanger - and while it added up quickly, nothing was outrageously expensive. I mean yeah, the clearomizer could have been cheaper, but it is what it is, and I was willing to pay 15 bucks to double my tanks so I could have two flavors going at once. I'd say today's was a better buy than the initial kit itself was.

So far I've been going back and forth between strawberry and vanilla in the same tank, because the flavors work well with each other as they switch over from one to another. However, the Bed of Roses is going to be delivered today, and I'd like to get the purest taste of it possible. Of course I can dump anything left in the tank beforehand, but that still leaves the coil that's gonna be soaked in it. Are there any special steps I can take short of totally switching to a new coil that can help me get a cleaner taste? I think strawberry of vanilla would both potentially complement the rose so I'm not too worried, but if I can get purer flavor sooner I'd be happy to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread