The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New User

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Shadus, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Shadus

Shadus Full Member Verified Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Canton, OH
    Howdy, I'm new. Both to vaping and the forums, actually got involved in learning about vaping and interested in it primarily to help my mother quit smoking analogs... which she's working on presently and still deciding on what products she wants to go with. It's a fun little hobby and better for you than tobacco to be sure. See ya round!

2. Ghost03

Ghost03 Full Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Strasburg, VA
    Im new to the forum as well. I started on the Apollo superior ego. was not a bad way helped me quit smoking for 5 months. Only issue was durability got tired of having to order new batteries and clearomizers. plus i had some issues with the clearomizers falling apart after very little use. i just ordered a Provari

3. bnrkwest

bnrkwest Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Welcome new members! Have fun searching for the perfect set up, as most of us have done alot of sampling thru the years too. Some things to think about, is long battery life, size and weight of PV. There are so many things to choose from these days but basically it all boils down to:

cig a likes (small shaped like a cig)
    ego type batts (cigar sized)
    APV's/ Mods (tube or boxed shaped, varies from med sized to very large)
    VV (variable voltage)
    VW (variable wattage)

delivery systems vary from drip attys, Cartos, carto tanks and clearos. None are perfect, be each has their fans.

If you decide from these types, it will help you decide what to get. Vape on :) bnrk

4. Shadus

Aug 29, 2013
    Canton, OH
    I've heard a lot of good things about provari's on here and in videos on youtube, seems to be fairly popular. I think I'll probably pick myself up a kanger protank2 at some point and I expect she'll end up with vision nanos or the smaller vivi novas. They seem to be popular and fairly reliable from what I've read.

5. bnrkwest

bnrkwest Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    All Clearos are fiddley, but they can give a good vape. bnrk

6. Ghost03

Ghost03 Full Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Strasburg, VA
    I'm still working on what to put on top of my provari. i ordered with 2 protank 2's, but i really want a rebuild-able atomizer

7. Shadus

Aug 29, 2013
    Canton, OH
    Tanks are about as crazy as I've been willing to get so far, RBA look quite a bit more complex.

8. Pstarsr

Pstarsr Senior Member ECF Veteran

Be careful how "gear happy" you get in the beginning. You could find yourself chasing issues because you jumped the gun on complexity too soon. This can cause you to give up and go back to analogs ( or your mom )

The girlfriend and I started on joyetech ego-c's, the batteries can be used later for other setups. But the tank setup that comes with it allowed for juice changes, cause we had no idea what juice would be our daily juice.

We have just started changing up the gear ( 2 months vaping ), and noticed things change. Juices taste different, sometimes not for the better. Atomizers required a bit more attention, cleaning etc.

Keep it simple in the beginning, give the transition as few hurdles as possible. And give vaping a good shot.

That's my 2cents, and welcome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Which doesn't work 50% of the time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.