New Vaper Completely Lost - Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve28656

Jul 16, 2018
Hi Everyone, I first tried vaping (not called vaping back then) many years ago when they first came out to see if I could quit smoking, however everything I tried tasted burnt and left an unpleasant taste in my mouth. Roll on many years into the future and here I am again thinking of giving up smoking, done a little research and decided MTL was the way to start for me so bought a Innokin Kroma-A with Zenith (Plexus Z Coil) looked sexy and and all the reviews were good. Didn't bother researching the e-juice as way too many, so bought a pack of 3 flavours 50\50 from my local store. However disaster soon struck, I did not know how to configure the Kroma-A, I have spent hours reading lots of posts and reviews but cannot find anything in the slightest bit helpful, I am a complete newb I do not understand temps\watts\coils, I want something to stick in my mouth (keep it clean), puff on and enjoy, but it tastes awful, I keep trying different settings but it still tastes awful, please can someone help, maybe a tutorial that I haven't found yet or maybe someone has the same system, how should I configure this sexy beast.
Thanks in advance, Steve

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Maybe it's your e-liquid.

Perhaps more important than the gear you are using, is the choice of e-liquid you use. If you don't like the taste of the vapor, you won't use or enjoy it.

There's a lot of "bad" tasting e-liquids on the market; it almost makes you wonder how some of these companies stay in business. Then there is the factor of individual subjective likes and dislikes. What I like, you probably won't. What you like, I probably won't.

Probably the best option is to go to a vape shop that offers sampling of their flavors before you buy. Realize that flavors will taste different in different tanks or atomizers.

To keep your gear's setup as simple as possible, run the Kroma only in "wattage or power" mode. Start vaping at a low wattage setting (say 10 watts), and gradually increase the wattage until you notice the beginning of a burnt taste. Then back down about 10 watts. That should be your sweet spot for both flavor and vapor production.

Be certain to thoroughly "prime" and "break in" your coils in your tank. This is probably the most neglected aspect by beginners. The below video is for the Crown tank, but the principles are valid for any tank.

Last edited:

dsites

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2017
Nederland, Colorado
Welcome to ECF and congrats on the decision to switch. Innokin makes great devices so you made a good decision there as well.

I agree w/ Baditude about starting w/ low wattage. Since you're vaping MTL, I'd start with a high amount of nicotine (18 or even 24). If it's too strong, you can always dilute with a lower amount.

Experiment a bit and you'll be very glad that you did!

Storm52

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Shreveport, LA
Welcome to the forum. The Zenith 1.6Ω coil, if it was included in your kit, takes a few tanks to break in. The .8Ω coil is an instant flavor producer. I don't have any experience with the new plexus coil. You've received great advice so far, especially in starting low on your wattage and working up.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Honestly if no joy with the 1.6 coil I'd agree maybe trying the 0.8 coil it has no flavor break in period and the first few tanks with the 1.6 coil can be a bit painful especially if you still have smoker's tastebuds. Honestly with my 0.8 coil I don't even turn the wattage up that much like maybe 14 watts. Still pretty MTL and everything. I like both coils but as a new vaper I'd say try the other one, and yes priming matters but overall, I think the (oddly, more sub0hm coil) might beb the way to go.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread