New vaper...former smoker

Status
Not open for further replies.

WellAdjustedAndroid

Oct 10, 2013
NY, NY
Hello,

I've been lurking for a while and decided to join today.

I have been thinking and talking about switching from analogs to vapes for at least 6 months and have read some info here off an on. It all seemed way over my head though. I was born in Western Europe (where I understand vaping is much more "normal") and my dad offered to mail me a setup. But I didn't want to mess with electricity conversion issues. And I didn't really know about 'making' a PV. I kinda thought you had to buy a "brand" like an analog. I have no vaping friends and didn't know about our local B&M store.

I finally made the leap to vaping oddly enough because I found a starter kit deal on Groupon. I ended up with a Bloog 650 kit (looks like an eGo 650 with a 1.6ml clearomizer and tip) and a bottle of Bloog Red 18 mg for $30. Great deal! And I LOVE it so far. Its not like thats my budget...its more like - as a smoker I sort of expected vaping to be a gimmick. I was too skeptical to spend more! Lol

I have been using that 650 happilt at home but being a new vaper....also wanted something cig a like to bring to a pretty straight edge white shoe office. So I also picked up the Bloog 78mm 808 battery and some pre-filled carts (though for some reason my blank carts I fill myself taste much better.)

It wasn't doing quite the job I hoped but my husband likes it. So I gave that to him and ordered a Halo G6 with blank carts and their juice to try. I will probably get a mini tank/clearo for it too when I see if it runs better than the Bloog manual 808.

This is kind of a good segue to my main struggle/issue with vaping. It seems like the only place to buy is online. You can't really try stuff out which is tough. I wasn't totally disappointed in the Bloog 808 but I'm still just hoping the Halo G6 is better. But I have to buy it to find out.

Similarly I also bought a nice "fancy" juice (10ml) to try based on excellent on line reviews. Turns out I HATE it. It is sickly sweet. I am going to try to seep it but I don't have high hopes. (I LOVE the taste of the Bloog Red though.) Now I am stuck with juice in a cabinet. (Msg me if you want some juice, I will sell it to you SUPER cheap!)

I just learned about the B&M store but I don't want to be the person that walks in and says hey let me try your stuff...but I've got all "brand" stuff I'm kinda stuck with now. I guess I could buy their store brand juices.

I guess the best thing about my becoming a vaper...I started vaping 10 days ago. I have been totally analog free for 9. I've been at a pack a day for 15 years. Strangely enough I'm also a pretty avid runner as well (yes, wierd) and I beat my 5k PB by nearly a minute yesterday! Hahaha.

Anyway....if anyone knows some ways around the try/buy problem or could maybe point me to a good resource that explains coils, ohms, wicks, atomizers, tanks etc in REALLY basic terms I would be really grateful.

See y'all around the forums! Thank y'all for your collective wisdom for getting me into vaping.

Behind enemy lines, vaping in NYC now Free

wbart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Easton, MD, USA
Welcome to the forums there are plenty of sources on here that explain it Baditude should be around soon
Katana Kit
This is the starter kit that I buy all my friends when they are starting out

You really do not have to worry about ohms and stuff like that until you start getting into the world of mods

Last edited:
The best and cheapest vaporizer I have come across is the Vamo. I have the V3. You can get on on FastTech for about $35. The most reliable clearomizer I use is the iClear 16. The flavor is very good and I've never had leaking problems.

As per e juice everyone is different. Most people seem to like Bobas bounty (Cinnamon / Gram Cracker taste) and Dragons Blood (Fruity Flavor). There are great clones of both on this forum.

I recently started DIY and have been pretty happy with the results. It's fun, but you always need more flavors even after you already have 50. I recently started working on Rebuildable Atomizers as well. In my opinion they pump out a ton of vapor, but are weaker flavor wise. Wrapping coils is easier then most YouTube videos describe. I had no problem with an Igo L and a Trident Clone.

I hope that helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

WellAdjustedAndroid

Oct 10, 2013
NY, NY
Wait...so if I have a Bloog 808 or a Halo 808, can I buy any blank cig a like 808 cartos to fill? Or even a 1 ml clearomizer/mini tank for the 808? I was under the impression that the brands had proprietary size/threading so I was kind of stuck with their tanks/cartos.

If that's the case, I'll gladly pay a few bucks more at my B&M store if I'm not stuck with a single brand of tops/bottoms.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
The short answer is yes. If your device has an 808 connection on it, you just need to find 808 parts (carto etc). My setup has a 510 connection so I just look for tanks, cartos etc that have 510 threading. Easy! Well, not so easy, there are a lot of choices out there.

This intro may help you: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-information/287787-three-main-types-ecig-explanation.html

Finding a good juice is tricky. I don't have a B&M near me so I ordered sample sizes online and hoped for the best. I'm with you, I don't like sweet ones either. Check the B&M, they should be happy to let you sample or get small samples to try. If you like them, they get a new customer! Good luck.

Thanks so much for that link! That is SUPER helpful!!!

I'm going to check out my B&M store this weekend. They mix their own off site, but if I can find one I like - I will always have a go to right near my office.

Wow. This is great to know that I'm not stuck with certain brands of carts/tanks. I'm going to place an order online right now for an 808 tank/clearomizer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread