New vaper looking for a kit that doesn't deliver much nicotine, but a nice amount of vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
Since you are experimenting with Blu,....

Just by the way, don't try to save money using a Blu charger with any other device. I have heard it's polarity is opposite of every thing else out there and could be dangerous.

OP you got a ton of absolutely wonderful suggestions! These folks here are very encouraging! But out of everything I read in this thread, hands down, this was the best recommendation. Just cause a charger has the same threads does not mean that it is the same charger for another battery model. Please always be safe and smart about vaping.
Kudos to nermal. Damn good solid advice right there!:thumb: Some of the best kind of advice to be giving a true newbie.
OP, best of luck to you and I hope you continue to love vaping. I know it's been a life changer for me and just about everyone here.
I love this forum!

dark12

May 3, 2014
Chicago
Thanks!
Alright I had my cart at the checkout with like 8 different flavors for $75 to hit the free shipping limit, but after reading the comments now I afraid to get hooked if I enjoy it too much. So I revised my order and now it is only 2 flavors; one 6mg and the other 0mg. Gotta pay the $5 which brings the total just a smidgen over $60. They are 10ml bottles of house blends at Hoosierecigs. Specifically blue raspberry and honeydew.
I am not sure how long these last, but hopefully this will keep me from overdoing it.
btw I did 60/40 mix

OBDave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hiya dark12 - from what I gather you've gotten a lot of good advice, though some of it has veered off-course from your original post.

As far as getting better vapor than a Blu, I think an Ego-twist style battery is a good place to start - or even the Innokin iTaste VV V3.0, which has lots of supporters (I haven't had one). If you were trying to quit smoking I'd be preaching "have backups, and have backups for your backups," which would push you toward an Ego on your budget. Since you're not hooked on smoking and looking for a recreational device, I'd recommend putting your extra money into the VV V3.0 - it'll easily last a session of a few hours hanging out with friends, and if you're not dependent on it to avoid smoking it shouldn't be a problem if it needs to charge for a couple hours here and there.

The next thing you need beyond a battery is a tank - I'm partial to recommending BCCs for noobs (bottom-coil clearomizers) - of all the ones I've tried I use Protanks and Smoktech Pyrex Aro tanks most often now. They're glass, which means there are no flavors that are dangerous to use as is an issue with plastic tanks that can be destroyed by certain citrus/cinnamon juices, and they're simple plug-and-play devices - if one starts working funky thread in a new $1.50 atomizer (the part that vaporizes the juice) and you're back online. I still use these tanks about 60% of the time myself.

As far as juice, if you're not dependent on nicotine (and you've had issues with it making you sick) I see no reason to use any at all - why not just try a 0mg juice right off the bat if you're more in love with the act of blowing clouds than the feeling of getting a nicotine buzz? As long as you're an adult it's your body and all that, but I've spent almost a year weaning myself from 18mg to 12mg to 6 mg and I'm now experimenting with 3mg - I like vaping and don't have any intention to quit, but even as an ex-smoker (3/4 pack per day for 15 years) I think I'll eventually be happy without any nicotine at all.

Hope this helps, and that it didn't come in too late for your consideration...

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Thanks!
Alright I had my cart at the checkout with like 8 different flavors for $75 to hit the free shipping limit, but after reading the comments now I afraid to get hooked if I enjoy it too much. So I revised my order and now it is only 2 flavors; one 6mg and the other 0mg. Gotta pay the $5 which brings the total just a smidgen over $60. They are 10ml bottles of house blends at Hoosierecigs. Specifically blue raspberry and honeydew.
I am not sure how long these last, but hopefully this will keep me from overdoing it.

Sounds good. The juice lasting depends on how much you vape. At a ml a day it will last 10 days for a bottle. But some people vape more than that. Its easy to go through 2-3 ml a day. See how you go. Let us know how you get on when your stuff arrives.

dark12

May 3, 2014
Chicago
Hiya dark12 - from what I gather you've gotten a lot of good advice, though some of it has veered off-course from your original post.

As far as getting better vapor than a Blu, I think an Ego-twist style battery is a good place to start - or even the Innokin iTaste VV V3.0, which has lots of supporters (I haven't had one). If you were trying to quit smoking I'd be preaching "have backups, and have backups for your backups," which would push you toward an Ego on your budget. Since you're not hooked on smoking and looking for a recreational device, I'd recommend putting your extra money into the VV V3.0 - it'll easily last a session of a few hours hanging out with friends, and if you're not dependent on it to avoid smoking it shouldn't be a problem if it needs to charge for a couple hours here and there.

The next thing you need beyond a battery is a tank - I'm partial to recommending BCCs for noobs (bottom-coil clearomizers) - of all the ones I've tried I use Protanks and Smoktech Pyrex Aro tanks most often now. They're glass, which means there are no flavors that are dangerous to use as is an issue with plastic tanks that can be destroyed by certain citrus/cinnamon juices, and they're simple plug-and-play devices - if one starts working funky thread in a new $1.50 atomizer (the part that vaporizes the juice) and you're back online. I still use these tanks about 60% of the time myself.

As far as juice, if you're not dependent on nicotine (and you've had issues with it making you sick) I see no reason to use any at all - why not just try a 0mg juice right off the bat if you're more in love with the act of blowing clouds than the feeling of getting a nicotine buzz? As long as you're an adult it's your body and all that, but I've spent almost a year weaning myself from 18mg to 12mg to 6 mg and I'm now experimenting with 3mg - I like vaping and don't have any intention to quit, but even as an ex-smoker (3/4 pack per day for 15 years) I think I'll eventually be happy without any nicotine at all.

Hope this helps, and that it didn't come in too late for your consideration...

Very cool man
Yea I went with the VV 3.0 since I have only heard good things about it.
I am glad you folks suggested 0mg nicotine because its true I do enjoy just blowing smoke.

And kiwi I will definitely let you know how it goes. I think Hoosier is based out of indiana so it probably wont take very long to arrive in chicago.

Thanks so much for the genuine concern and advice. I can already tell I am going to like being a part of this community.

edit: So right before I hit checkout I changed the 0mg 10ml bottle of honeydew to a 30ml bottle. It only cost a couple bucks more so eh what the heck. I am still keeping the 6mg at 10ml though.

Last edited:

mohitgarg

Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
India
Hey OP, you have got a ton of good suggestions, so I won't be suggesting too much on what device to get but on something different. I am in a similar situation as far as vaping goes, but for different reasons.

I too am a non-smoker and getting into vaping (For the sweet flavors, because I am diabetic), I would suggest if you do not smoke, go for 0 nic, yes, nicotine might not be too harmful (arguable), but it is harmful non-the-less. If you are looking to get into it for the social aspect and fun of blowing clouds, I would also suggest to get a high-VG-low-PG based juice, this will allow you to blow bigger clouds and be less irritating to your throat. For someone like me, who has never smoke, I wasn't lookign for the throat-hit at all, so I went with as little PG as possible, and thus decided on mixing my own juices using flavorings from MBV, some stevia (Natural sugar-free sweetener), and only VG. This allows me to use a higher concentration of flavorings since VG doesn't carry the flavor as strong as PG.

Further, since you do have technical knowledge, I would also suggest a mech mod with a dripping atomiser, this will allow you to have a smaller device, which produces more vapor, it may not hold as much juice but as you don't seem to be looking to vape through the hole day, it shouldn't be a problem. This is exactly what happened with me, I bought a Vamo V5, but quickly realised (Before the Vamo even got to me) I can handle a mech mod and that it would be a better device for me (And now selling my Vamo on the classifieds :p).

Since you are looking to keep it under $100, you should be able to pickup a clone tube mod and a clone RDA, along with battery/chargers and a fair amount of juice and consumable to start off.

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
Very cool man
Yea I went with the VV 3.0 since I have only heard good things about it.
I am glad you folks suggested 0mg nicotine because its true I do enjoy just blowing smoke.

And kiwi I will definitely let you know how it goes. I think Hoosier is based out of indiana so it probably wont take very long to arrive in chicago.

Thanks so much for the genuine concern and advice. I can already tell I am going to like being a part of this community.

edit: So right before I hit checkout I changed the 0mg 10ml bottle of honeydew to a 30ml bottle. It only cost a couple bucks more so eh what the heck. I am still keeping the 6mg at 10ml though.

I am a little late to your party lol. This is a great system for starters. Do a lot of reading and ask many questions and you will find the system to kick it up a notch down the road.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Thanks!
btw I did 60/40 mix

Two quick things. If you're not a smoker now and don't need the nicotine to stay off cigs, just get the 0 nic versions. There are hundreds and hundreds of flavors and options out there that have nothing to do with nicotine. If you're not addicted to nicotine, why risk it? Lot of folks happy vape at 0 nic and never miss it.

Also, try not to buy big batches of juices right off. I went overboard at first and have bunches of stuff in the "meh" cabinet. :) If you have a vape shop local, they most always have samples to try (and if you're in or near any city, there are vape shops).

Mainly, though, if you don't need the nicotine, don't get it at all. The flavors and vapor have nothing to do with the nicotine. Pretty much every variety of juice comes in a 0 nic version, you'll have truckloads of options without any risk of addiction.

nomemory

Apr 6, 2014
sarasota, FL USA
They make juice that has 0 nicotine in it so you don't have to have nicotine unless you just absolutely want it. Can't speak for everybody but I started with a cheap ego c twist starter kit that I bought off ebay for about $20. I made the mistake of only buying one but if you intend to vape quite a bit, I would buy a second battery. My logic was I'll start with this cheap kit and if it doesn't work out, I'm not out a lot of money. Now I wish I would have just bought a mod like an mvp 2. It seems like vaping is just like anything else in life you can spend as much or as little as you like. I do not have an mvp yet but I am going to purchase one shortly. Tanks are a whole other ball game. Right now I have a couple kanger t3s tanks that I like. They are cheap reliable and don't go through juice like dual coil tanks do. But my interest in this is purely to wean down and quit nicotine so clouds of vapor are not my priority. Other people would be of more help in this area but from what I've read the kayfun tanks and the pro tanks produce a lot of vapor. I'm still quite new to all this myself but hope that I helped somewhat. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than I will comment.

I don't know about chicago prices but for $20 the only thing your going to get is an ego with an ok clearamizor. if your looking for low nic. content most fluids come in at any where from 0 to 30 Mg. per Ml. in 6 Mg. Increments as you don't smoke i would be as close to 0 as you can unless you are looking for the buzz( but it fades quick). For more vape you want a higher vg content but with that comes with higher upkeep costs (meaning you will have to replace Clearomizers more offten).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread