New Vaper-- Need some guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Juices there are a plethora of vendors and flavors out there, also they are subjective, what can ring my bell as the beezneez, can be one that you go ewwww tastes like cat ****, so I will make vendor suggestions
Mt. Baker Vapor - great juices, great prices, fast shipping (Washington State)
Heather's Heavenly Vapes - great juices, excellent prices, fast shipping (Georgia)
Virgin Vapors - great juices, great prices
Alice In Vape Land - great juices, and great prices as well
Other Suggestions there are a lot of good juice vendors that can be found in the Vendors Section

Now onto the vaping in general
1) Drink plenty and plenty of liquids, preferrably water, tea, and green tea, lower your caffiene intake the first couple weeks until your body gets climatized to vaping, tea and green tea being the way the human body works, there are chemicals in teas that when they are high, the body goes into flush and purge mode, this purge mode can decrease the dependency on the other chemicals in cigarettes other than the nicotine.
2) Some people can pick up vaping and put cigarettes down from the start, others, especially those with addictive personalities by nature, have to ween off the cigarettes and transition into vaping the first couple weeks to first month, also the period of how long a person smoked cigarettes, there are other alkiloids and chemicals you are going to have withdrawals from. High Stress situations, going to bed, waking up, after eating, driving down the road, these cues generally try vaping at first, driving keep vaping as you go, but after dinner or just waking up and such, try heavily vaping at first, still have a teeth gnashing craving, step out to have 1/3 to 1/2 a cigarette to subside the cravings for the other junk in a cigarette. May sound counter-productive, but remember vaping only replaces the nicotine, not the other 3999 chemicals and byproducts smoking generates, eventually after a couple weeks you'll see your cigarette consumption taper off until finally you'll spark one up, then the "ICK, nevermind, like my vape taste better", stomp out the last cigarette and never look back. Do not look at each 1/2 cig you have to smoke after these cues as a defeat, look at each cig during the day you did not have to smoke as a victory ;).

Good luck, welcome to ECF and the Vaping community, and great wishes for your success.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
I among a multitude of others would suggest you look at Nicoticket and their dedicated following. Premium juices with an extraordinary company philosophy. Nicoticket

Nicoticket's great but pricey.

I wouldn't hesistate to order from ITC if you're looking for good budget juices that are on the sweeter side of things. Their desserts are great, fruits pretty good, tobaccos just OK.

Auntie Mame

Verified Member
May 26, 2014
Southern CA, United States
Think of the flavors you like in your life, particularly, fruit, dessert and candy. (lots of vapors in those categories) Then take a look at the vendors suggested here and in other threads and read the feedback they have. Once you zero in on something or some flavors, buy the smallest size possible and try a few. What usually happens with me is if I buy five, I'll hate one, two or three will be okay and one will become a keeper. Save your "rejects". Try them again in a few days or a week, if still not good, save again. Later you can retry again or pay-it-forward with a neighbor or friend who wants to give vaping a try. What you hate might be right up their ally.

Vaping is like anything new, you learn as you go and it get's easier each day. I'm glad you joined and look forward to hearing about the wonderful vapors you find!

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Once you find a juice you like order it at a higher nic level. If you are vaping 12mg nic get a bottle or two of 18 mg nic. When an urge to smoke really hits then fill a tank with the 18mg and vape away til the urge passes. I have a tank specifically set up for those times when it feels like the 12mg just isn't cutting it (the times I want to hulk smash everything to be able to smoke lol)

Hydrate hydrate hydrate!!

Good luck, congrats on quitting and welcome aboard this wild ride :)

joesquid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Chesapeake, Va
Welcome to ECF. Glad to have you. I think the best thing to do as far as picking a favorite is to visit a local B&M as mentioned. No telling what you may like. Everyone is different. Go there and taste all their flavors. Buy a couple in small quantity. Sometimes what tastes good initially, doesn't after awhile.

HighwayBrian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2014
Columbus, OH, USA
Juices there are a plethora of vendors and flavors out there, also they are subjective, what can ring my bell as the beezneez, can be one that you go ewwww tastes like cat ****, so I will make vendor suggestions
Mt. Baker Vapor - great juices, great prices, fast shipping (Washington State)
Heather's Heavenly Vapes - great juices, excellent prices, fast shipping (Georgia)
Virgin Vapors - great juices, great prices
Alice In Vape Land - great juices, and great prices as well
Other Suggestions there are a lot of good juice vendors that can be found in the Vendors Section

Now onto the vaping in general
1) Drink plenty and plenty of liquids, preferrably water, tea, and green tea, lower your caffiene intake the first couple weeks until your body gets climatized to vaping, tea and green tea being the way the human body works, there are chemicals in teas that when they are high, the body goes into flush and purge mode, this purge mode can decrease the dependency on the other chemicals in cigarettes other than the nicotine.
2) Some people can pick up vaping and put cigarettes down from the start, others, especially those with addictive personalities by nature, have to ween off the cigarettes and transition into vaping the first couple weeks to first month, also the period of how long a person smoked cigarettes, there are other alkiloids and chemicals you are going to have withdrawals from. High Stress situations, going to bed, waking up, after eating, driving down the road, these cues generally try vaping at first, driving keep vaping as you go, but after dinner or just waking up and such, try heavily vaping at first, still have a teeth gnashing craving, step out to have 1/3 to 1/2 a cigarette to subside the cravings for the other junk in a cigarette. May sound counter-productive, but remember vaping only replaces the nicotine, not the other 3999 chemicals and byproducts smoking generates, eventually after a couple weeks you'll see your cigarette consumption taper off until finally you'll spark one up, then the "ICK, nevermind, like my vape taste better", stomp out the last cigarette and never look back. Do not look at each 1/2 cig you have to smoke after these cues as a defeat, look at each cig during the day you did not have to smoke as a victory ;).

Good luck, welcome to ECF and the Vaping community, and great wishes for your success.

That was exactly how I did it. ( truck driver here 2 packs or more a day )

Hold the e-pen all day to change finger and hand habit.

The worst chemical in analogs (cig) today is the fire safe paper ring. It makes you hit it more to keep the cherry alive.

Sent from my Ugly Green Dinosaur (KW) using Tapatalk

syoung

Oct 8, 2014
Walnut, IA USA
Hello everyone! Thanks for the advise. I have smoked for 40 years and decided I needed to quit. I received my Mt. Vapor starter kit 2 days ago, and put away my cigarettes. Last night my head started pounding and I was turning into a real b*tch. I know this is caused from withdrawing from all the additives in cigarettes. I wondered if I should be weaning myself off the smokes, instead of going cold turkey. but thought that smoking would be failing. thanks for letting me know that I can wean myself from the cigarettes without it being a failure!

SpyderBite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Sedona, AZ
I never had a problem with the first few weeks after I switched from analogs to vaping. In fact, I didn't even realize that I had quit until a week later and I tried to smoke an analog as a reward of sorts. Tasted like poo and I put it out immediately and haven't had one since.

As for juice.. you'll as many opinions as there are vendors. I'm currently hooked on Killer Juice and their really cheap prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread