New vaper wants to say thanks for all the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantera

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Canada
Hello everyone!

First of all, I want to say thanks to the moderators here... Like a dummy, I created a "fake" account because I was nervous about talking about vaping here in Canada. But after lurking for weeks and reading more and more, learning about the legals and benefits, I decided forget it, this is who I am and a quitter is what I want to be. So I set up a second account with my real info (this one) and I ended up getting it banned.

Like an idiot, I didn't read the new member rules (duh) and now I know. So, I sent an email to the mods and they got it fixed! Thanks a bunch guys and/or gals!

So second, I want to say hi and thanks to all the people and the posts I have read to help me decide to do this. I just ordered my first package from vaporgeek in BC Canada. I ordered the eGo-t type B starter kit with the 1000mah passthrough batts, a pack of extra tanks, 15 silicone caps to replace the plastic ones that apparently leak a bunch, some 24mg flavored liquid and some flavorless 36mg. Also, to try to avoid leaks and mess, I ordered a bottle with a needle on it and a carry case.

I wanted to know if I went overboard to start with or if i made a good choose for a noobie... It hasn't come in yet but I'm looking forward to it this week

Thanks guys

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
PG tends to thinner. Some say it adds some sweet taste. I have not noticed that. It is also kills germs in the lungs which I like the benefit of but doesn't mean it will fight every flu or cold. It will vary on you, your body but for some will irritate the lungs/throat more. I didn't personally have too much of an issue. I use 30VG/70PG or more often 20VG/80PG. A higher PG is easier for most attys and cartos to handle.

VG is natural. PG/VG really contrast each other nicely, being basically opposites in a sense. VG is also known to much thicker. I noticed this when I accidently got a juice that was 80VG/20PG. For some people VG is easier on them if PG is being irritating. VG can feel "thicker" on the chest when vaped. I'm not sure about taste either here. My mom vapes pure VG and doesn't mind it. I personally haven't. While it may feel "thicker" in a sense a lot of time people feel like it relieves them of irritation caused by PG. A high VG juice can also cause a lot of mileage on an atty or carto. See what I mean by opposites here?

I like a mix of both myself. Welcome to the forum!!

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
Welcome aboard. You'll find a fine bunch of people here, made me feel right at home from the get go.

You might want to pick up some cartos too. I haven't used a tank system yet (need to owl on my mail box while waiting for my new stuff to arrive) but besides the leaking I have heard some folks say it will dull the flavor of the juice.

pantera

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Canada
Hmmm I have really been looking into getting one of the tankomizer kits for the ego... The clear glass tank ones with the replaceable cartos with the holes in the bottom and a drip tip... I heard a lot of them leak though... Anyone that can suggest a Canadian supplier that carries the tankomizer kits with regular resistance cartos? I don't want to order from the us unless I really have to...

Thanks guys!

pantera

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Canada
Oh also, vaporgeek carries a tanko but only 1.5ohm cartos for it... I read that 1.5 ones are bad for ego batteries... Also, they are supposed to be getting a mini cone for the ego to make it look better and more streamlined with the battery and tank...

The only thing I hate about the tanks is that they are clear and I can see the guts an fluid... I don't like the look... Has anyone ever painted or covered the clear parts? I was thinking of wraping it in lite grit black grip tape for a skateboard but leave a small strip uncovered so I can see the level of fluid but not look like a tank of sloshing yellow liquid near my mouth lol

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread