New Vaper With A Copper Mod Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AyeZ

Jun 28, 2014
USA
Hello E-Cig Community, I am a new vaper and recently purchased my first Mech mod (Specifically the pegasus clone and a Magma RDA from fasttech haha I'm a cheap .......), My question is I received it yestrday in the mail, and after taking it apart I found some gunk here and there on the contacts etc in the mod, would it be safe to put the copper mod in hot water? I have rubbing alcohol but its ISO 70% not 90% so I'm afraid of using that.

Thanks for everything, and keep on vaping ya'll!

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Hello E-Cig Community, I am a new vaper - would it be safe to put the copper mod in hot water?
Welcome to ECF AyeZ...

Sure... hot soapy water will do a fine job.

If you have questions about mech mods, batteries and Ohm's Law... click on my second sig line hyperlink. Read the article and all linked articles within.

Cheers ;-)

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Cool Cool thanks so much guys! So you'd think it'd be safe to drip some dish soap in hot near boiling water drop the mod in there for about 5 minutes take out dry and rub with 70% ISO alcohol? Or should I do it the opposite way, wipe/clean it with Alcohol then drop it in hot dish soap water?

Appreciate it guys
You're over analyzing this AyeZ... Unless you're OCD, it's a bit redundant to clean it twice. Just scrub it like you stole it, dry it to the bone and vape away.

AyeZ

Jun 28, 2014
USA
You're over analyzing this AyeZ... Unless you're OCD, it's a bit redundant to clean it twice. Just scrub it like you stole it, dry it to the bone and vape away.

I know I know, sorry! It's just cause it's my first mech mod so I want to take every pre caution I can, anyways thanks so much for your time, appreciate it!

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I know I know, sorry! It's just cause it's my first mech mod so I want to take every pre caution I can, anyways thanks so much for your time, appreciate it!
Don't be sorry chief... you're in deep company. Lots of new vapists treat mechs like they're made from the soft spot of a new born baby's skull. They're a little more durable than that. ;-)

The simplest of battery holders. Keep 'em clean and dry - properly lubed and adjusted, and you'll have no problems, unless you get a "problematic" mech to begin with. You avoid that by not buying crap.
If its a clone, get the best one available from a brand that's well trusted, where the mech has a good record of reliability and quality.

I can go on and on with doo's and don'ts... but it's all in the hyperlink sig line. Education and understanding will be your bestest advanced vapin' buddy.

Cheers again...

AyeZ

Jun 28, 2014
USA
Don't be sorry chief... you're in deep company. Lots of new vapists treat mechs like they're made from the soft spot of a new born baby's skull. They're a little more durable than that. ;-)

The simplest of battery holders. Keep 'em clean and dry - properly lubed and adjusted, and you'll have no problems, unless you get a "problematic" mech to begin with. You avoid that by not buying crap.
If its a clone, get the best one available from a brand that's well trusted, where the mech has a good record of reliability and quality.

I can go on and on with doo's and don'ts... but it's all in the hyperlink sig line. Education and understanding will be your bestest advanced vapin' buddy.

Cheers again...

One more thing, I'm not sure if I cross-threaded it here is my post on reddit, the person that was helping me hasn't responded can you check if I cross-threaded it?

reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/29a3op/very_new_to_vaping_100_noob_why_doesnt_my_rda_sit/

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
One more thing, I'm not sure if I cross-threaded it here is my post on reddit, the person that was helping me hasn't responded can you check if I cross-threaded it?

reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/29a3op/very_new_to_vaping_100_noob_why_doesnt_my_rda_sit/

Difficult to say without seeing the threads first hand, but I did have one copper mech that had very shallow 510 threads - it took some work with an old atomizer and some anti-seize compound to get them loosened up a bit, but unless you've played with threaded connections before, the copper is soft enough where you could potentially bung them up badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread