New vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackdaddytran

Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Hello all, originally ordered a kit as a gift but he already bought a set up so I kept it for myself. It was discouraging at first because the battery I got was defective. But thanks to Tim at vaporbeast, he seriously got me taken care of. Thanks to him for converting a smoker to a vaper!.

I was so anxious to try my new PV that I went ahead and bought an eGo-C battery from a headshop (reasonably priced, believe it or not.) However, once my new 900mah eGo-Twist came in.. WOW what a difference in the vaping experience. Never knew how much a battery could make a difference.

Funny thing, I accidentally dropped the drip tip on my mini nova in the toilet, but when I got my replacement battery from vaporbeast.. He threw in a free drip tip! I know he typically gives random goodies, but thank god he sent me that drip tip! It's colorful and flamboyant, but I'll deal with it :D

I was almost a pack a day smoker and today is my second day vaping. So far I have only had two "analogs!" After vaping and I smoke a Marlboro light, it seriously tastes disgusting.

I just want to give kudos to this community. After reading for several weeks - everybody here is extremely helpful and there is no bashing people (unlike car forums, which I frequent most of my time). Seems like there is no need to bring a flame suit.

Currently rocking a 900mah eGo Twist battery with a Vivi Mini Nova, with a RY4 juice.

Attachments

• firstpv.jpg
    firstpv.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 8654270207_9d0b7b7a29_n.jpg
    8654270207_9d0b7b7a29_n.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 27

tyancey00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
st. Louis, Mo
Looks like you have found your vendor. Now to the next step... you know you want to buy more stuff. I do the twist batteries as well. I also have some others for at home. You will too shortly. Enjoy your new found hobby. Just forget the ciggs. They taste like crap and always will. I still have a couple packs at home, have not picked them up since my first kit showed up.

mackdaddytran

Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Looks like you have found your vendor. Now to the next step... you know you want to buy more stuff. I do the twist batteries as well. I also have some others for at home. You will too shortly. Enjoy your new found hobby. Just forget the ciggs. They taste like crap and always will. I still have a couple packs at home, have not picked them up since my first kit showed up.

I know! I'm supposed to be saving money from cigarettes but I want to buy everything I see online. But hey, it's a healthy hobby instead of smoking so why not :toast:

Demiurgous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
I know! I'm supposed to be saving money from cigarettes but I want to buy everything I see online. But hey, it's a healthy hobby instead of smoking so why not :toast:
Same here! I recently adjust my strategy as I'm also new to vaping.

I'm after tanks, cartos, and juices. It's mostly all interchangeable so I want a nice supply of those goodies before getting a newer, nicer battery. Last thing I want to do is invest in more batteries and only have two flavors, or only enough tanks for two flavors!

Pretty fun hobby though ;-)

Demiurgous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
Started with basic head shop egos. Then got a twist. Next day got a v passthrough. So four batteries in 8 days...

I mostly use the passthrough. The twist is in use when the v2 is charging (yes, it works while charging, I'm just weird). The smaller batteries see occasional use, but they don't drive the carto tanks very well for me, so they have the CE4 and a T2 Blowtank, both of which are wickers that I don't care much for. They also have head shop juice, so I'm not in a rush to slap vivi novas on them.

But I'm all of 16 days in as well. I'll buy something nicer mid May or so. Maybe a lavatube, maybe a genesis, maybe a provari. Maybe two of the three. Shrug.

For now I'm happy getting a few tanks and juices. Very, very happy!

Demiurgous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
Good info! I like the Vamo too but like the lavatube and provari, they're HUGE!
But they hold a significant advantage: running all day (or two) instead of swapping devices to let one charge.

For me, that's a down the road decision. I like changing flavors, I like having tanks filled and ready to go. I figure a dozen tanks filled will be good. I like a tobacco flavor when I have a craving, something mild when I'm just in the habit of chain vaping (driving), etc etc. Once I'm stocked I can look at a different power supply.

Your mileage may vary. I'm still at the "vape all the flavors to avoid regular cigs" stage.

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
I started with a Vision Clearomizer on a 1000mah eGo XXL, not adjustable and no button lock. I loved it!! Then added an eGo-C Twist 1000mah and a 1300mah x6 "vv" (not really vv with only 3 voltage settings but it's a great little budget 1300mah battery) and some Vivi Nova tanks. Then tried the U-DCT carto tanks, turns out I am not a fan of cartomizers, and yes.. I know how to use them correctly.

Two months later and I'm rockin an AGA-T+ (rebuildable tank atomizer) on a stainless steel VAMO V2. Love it.

Grats on your endeavor to replace the smoke in your life with delicious vapor and welcome to ecf! :D

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
welcome!

i am 10 days in from my first vape experience/setup purchase.
in those 10 days i've purchased 2 batteries, 6 tanks, 15 juices, empty bottles, blunt needle bottlecaps, pg/vg liquid, and sweetener. I would like to say that i am pretty well stocked...but i know more purchases are just around the corner LOL
BUT...i haven't smoked or spent money on cigs :) which far outweighs any initial investment in my book :)

I have a mini ego and an ego twist...after using the twist, the mini is cute but compared to the twist it is for emergency purposes only.
i was thinking of getting a passthrough but now i think i will just go bigger....so now i am looking into mods....go big, go fast, or go home? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread