Newbie Setup - Trying To Figure This All Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jldub81

Oct 6, 2012
United States

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Nice starter's setup. :thumbs:

I'd strongly recommend getting at least one more battery. Therefore, while one is charging the second one is available for vaping. Plus, everyone needs at least one backup in case a battery dies, and it's prudent to have a backup that is compatible with the rest of your gear.

After that, your main focus likely will be a search for new juice flavors to try. I'd recommend something like these little guys to test those new flavors in: Royal Smokers CE3 Smokymizer - Avid Vaper

You'll want your vivi nova to use your main juice in. The ce3's are perfect for testing out new juice samples or trial size flavors. Some folks drip to test flavors, I just never have liked it.

To test flavors you don't need much juice, and these only hold 1-2 ml. They are transparent, so you can keep an eye on juice level and how thick the juice is. There is no polyfill (like a cartomizer) or wick (like a clearomizer) to affect wicking or taste. Easy to fill or remove juices with a tiny needle/syringe, just rinse with water and go to the next flavor of juice. Economical and come in a 5-pack ($13). These got plenty of great user reviews. Available in two resistances, I'd recommend the 2.8-3.1ohm for a Twist for the widest range of voltages.

View attachment 140451

Like charged batteries, never run out of juice to vape. Most people try to keep a month's supply of their main juice available; figure on 3-4 ml minimum used daily. It's most economical to buy sample packs or trial sized of new flavors to test them; if you like, just re-order in a larger bottle and you'll have more within the week.

Some juice flavor may take 1-2 weeks of steeping to reach their flavor potential, so don't discard any that you don't like at first. Put them away and revisit them in a couple of weeks, you might be surprised with your results.

I firmly believe that finding a good first juice is as important as your setup to help make quit smoking as easy as possible.
___

The suggestion for a lanyard and a organizer/carrying case is a good one. The lanyard keeps your device always attached to your person, therefore can not be lost by absent mindedly laying it down (been there, done that). The organizer/carrying case does just that: keeps everything organized and allows almost everything you might need in a small, portable package.

http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68_125&products_id=529

Search Results : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
Most people try to keep a month's supply of their main juice available

Some of us get carried away and, ahem, probably have a 6 months supply. :p

I firmly believe that finding a good first juice is as important as your setup to help make quit smoking as easy as possible.

100% agree. No matter how good your equipment is, it won't make bad juice taste better.

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
Thanks for all of the quick responses so far, they are very helpful! I just saw that gotvapes is running the mini nova on sale right now - talk about great timing!

If you buy from GotVapes, be sure and sign up for the newsletter so you get the extra 5% off at checkout.

After taking everyone's recommendation into consideration, I'm thinking the best route is to buy the starter kit at gotvapes (GotVapes StartMeUp! New Vaper COMPLETE Kit - Everything Included [gc-NEWVAPERego-starterkit] - $79.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more) and get the mini nova and eGo Twist separately. That way I'd have the charger, case, backup batteries, sample e-liquids, and a couple of stardust tips. I joined their email list so I'll get 5% off, which would make the starter kit $76.

Does this make logical sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread