• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New Vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

wattageous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Dongdaemun, Seoul
Just wondering, I'm a half a pack of reds/lights/menthol/anything-goes per day smoker. Is the Midnight Apple 18mg nic level ok to start off?

I've read some stuff here which recommend the low level nic for less than a pack per day smokers. Would like to get some estimation on personal dosage from the seasoned vapers..

Thanks!

Last edited:

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Just wondering, I'm a half a pack of reds/lights/menthol/anything-goes per day smoker. Is the Midnight Apple 18mg nic level ok to start off?

I've read some stuff here which recommend the low level nic for less than a pack per day smokers. Would like to get some estimation on personal dosage from the seasoned capers..

Thanks!

I'm just another vaper (i.e. all disclaimers apply), but yeah, I'd think 18mg might be too high for you. I was a pack a day Marlboro and quite by vaping at 18mg. I would think you might want to start at 12mg. Then consider upping if you find yourself continuing to crave or smoke. Of course, there's always some of that -- vaping is not smoking (but it's much, much better). Just my $.02.

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
Amount you use to smoke and the nic levels that will suit you has very little co-relation. A heavy smoker may find 18mg too high while a light smoker may find it too low. Recommendations on the nic level are just a guide. It's just generally recommended for a heavy smoker to start at 18mg.

But, its easier to mix the nic level down as compared to bumping it up.

wattageous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Dongdaemun, Seoul
I'm just another vaper (i.e. all disclaimers apply), but yeah, I'd think 18mg might be too high for you. I was a pack a day Marlboro and quite by vaping at 18mg. I would think you might want to start at 12mg. Then consider upping if you find yourself continuing to crave or smoke. Of course, there's always some of that -- vaping is not smoking (but it's much, much better). Just my $.02.

Thank you for your personal reference! I'm pretty much ok with heavy ciggies just that I'm only able to fit in 10 sticks per day cos I practically don't smoke when I'm back at home. But have you tried vaping at 12mg or lower, any difference in terms of your cravings?

wattageous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Dongdaemun, Seoul
Amount you use to smoke and the nic levels that will suit you has very little co-relation. A heavy smoker may find 18mg too high while a light smoker may find it too low. Recommendations on the nic level are just a guide. It's just generally recommended for a heavy smoker to start at 18mg.

But, its easier to mix the nic level down as compared to bumping it up.

Thanks danny4x4! I'm guess that adding on VG will bring the nic level down if it's too high for me?

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
Oops! Earlier post edited.

LOL I was pretty darn fast when the dx ecig came to my doorstep. :mail:

Been vaping on the cheapo ecig since this afternoon and felt kinda pathetic. Crossing my fingers for the g6!

When I first started, was on 16mg and slowly reducing to 12mg

If it is too heavy reduce to 16mg or 12mg

wattageous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Dongdaemun, Seoul
It depends, everyone is different. I used to smoke finish a pack of lights every 4 or 5 days but I like to vape an 18mg first thing in the morning to get that "buzz". However, its a different story when you start dripping, even a 12 mg would be way too much for me.

Yeah I agree with that. I'm looking at using the halo g6 for my long term usage. Simple and straightforward. So perhaps the cartomizer might not hit that much for an 18mg - I hope.

It kind of driving me nuts right now cos I'm left with one stick of NEXT light and my last smoke was yesterday afternoon. Been hanging on the dx health e-cig which I surprisingly finish 1.5 cartridge in a day! Anxiously waiting for the halo... it's on its way. arrghhh...

Last edited:

Sigmazxcs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
The Land of ERP and Pee-A-Pee
It depends, everyone is different. I used to smoke finish a pack of lights every 4 or 5 days but I like to vape an 18mg first thing in the morning to get that "buzz". However, its a different story when you start dripping, even a 12 mg would be way too much for me.

Back when I just started, I didn't have much choices. I was gifted a halo Torque56 18mg. Had to drip and survive on that. Now 9mg barely has any effect.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Thank you for your personal reference! I'm pretty much ok with heavy ciggies just that I'm only able to fit in 10 sticks per day cos I practically don't smoke when I'm back at home. But have you tried vaping at 12mg or lower, any difference in terms of your cravings?

No, not really. I think the small transition I had was more related to the difference between vaping and smoking rather than the nicotine levels. But after a couple weeks I really did like vaping a lot more than smoking -- and had little doubt cigarettes would otherwise kill me. Don't force yourself to make the transition until you're ready. But once you do, walk away forever from cigarettes -- you will feel great. And, when your lungs clean, you will find yourself doing things you haven't done for years. Best of luck.

wattageous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Dongdaemun, Seoul
No, not really. I think the small transition I had was more related to the difference between vaping and smoking rather than the nicotine levels. But after a couple weeks I really did like vaping a lot more than smoking -- and had little doubt cigarettes would otherwise kill me. Don't force yourself to make the transition until you're ready. But once you do, walk away forever from cigarettes -- you will feel great. And, when your lungs clean, you will find yourself doing things you haven't done for years. Best of luck.

Thank you for your encouragement.

I concur that the difference is less about the nicotine intake and more of transitioning between smoking and vaping. I was vaping with my buddy who was still on analog and I realised the absence in actual smoking - the tobacco burning element. The craving was still lingering for a bit. It takes more than just vaping at the moment, a sheer will power also plays a part to avoid the analogs.

3 days with no analog and counting..

knightx

Apr 16, 2013
home
Back when I just started, I didn't have much choices. I was gifted a halo Torque56 18mg. Had to drip and survive on that. Now 9mg barely has any effect.

bro back when i first started.. I was on a unknown brand of apple flavored e liquid with unknown nicotine strength hahaha, had to survive with my leaking ce4 which was a real struggle back then.

knightx

Apr 16, 2013
home
Thank you for your encouragement.

I concur that the difference is less about the nicotine intake and more of transitioning between smoking and vaping. I was vaping with my buddy who was still on analog and I realised the absence in actual smoking - the tobacco burning element. The craving was still lingering for a bit. It takes more than just vaping at the moment, a sheer will power also plays a part to avoid the analogs.

3 days with no analog and counting..

bro you can take your time, start with cutting the number of analog a day first, if really cannot tahan full abstinence. I myself took 6 months to make the full transition. One day, you'll wake up realising that you crave a vape more than a analog and thats when you know you're ready to make the switch. What really helped me was when I got into rebuildables and it became such a fun hobby of mine that I totally disregard cigarettes.

wattageous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Dongdaemun, Seoul
bro you can take your time, start with cutting the number of analog a day first, if really cannot tahan full abstinence. I myself took 6 months to make the full transition. One day, you'll wake up realising that you crave a vape more than a analog and thats when you know you're ready to make the switch. What really helped me was when I got into rebuildables and it became such a fun hobby of mine that I totally disregard cigarettes.

After vaping Curse of The Midnight Apple (kringle curse + midnight apple), I'm pretty much a satisfied vaper. I must say so far it has been good for me. Waiting to see how me and the G6 goes in day 2.

Evidently I tend to hit the gents more to get a vape haha. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread