New Vapers, How Did You Discover Vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkhawk

Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
California
I had a couple of friends that started out awhile back with cig-alikes and wasn't really impressed. Then a friend gave me an ego with a clearo and while it stunted my smoking a bit, it wasn't until I found awesome flavors that I found myself wanting to vape instead of smoke. That and I forgot how much of a dealbreaker was when it came to dating, so vaping just had so much going for it haha.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
I always go outside between games with the other smokers at the bowling alley. One of the members of our league was vaping a pro-vari and I quizzed him about it. I have quit for several periods since 1978 and always went back. Cold turkey, patches, lozenges, perscription from doctor, etc. always left me wanting a cig from day two. Looked for equipment similar to his locally, but didn't find it. Got talked at a local tobacco store into buying a green smoke starter kit and some 18mg cartomizers. That didn't cut it, still needed cigs 3 to 5 times a day. Bought 24mg cartomizers and they did not cut it either.

Broke down and ordered an evic, kanger mt3's, & 5 different 10ml 24mg bottles of various e juice. Got it this last week and what a difference! Taste varies quite a bit depending on wattage and to a somewhat less degree the amount of vapor, so I can dial in what I like depending on the juice. Also I do not get the jitters I still got with the green smoke.

I do find myself missing the buzz and calm of the first cig of the morning, so I vaped Friday morning then tried a cig. No buzz and it tasted awful. I have not had a cig since then. After searching Google I found this forum and the WTA thread. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-alkaloid-wta-now-available-aroma-ejuice.html After reading most of it I ordered 2 bottles today and I will see if it gives me the first vape cig experience I still miss. That would be the last piece of the puzzle.

My boss's wife was using janty ecigs being sold here locally as Twisp. I used them for a while but needed something better. took a look online and found that there was a whole world of vaping and that janty was just one of millions of products out there! found a local retailer online and started using egos and clearos. now i am seriously considering RBAs and VW mods, i'm hooked on this idea of a diy approach to making your vaping life better!

Borednl

Mar 19, 2013
Florida
I was attempting to quit smoking after about 16 years. Over a few months time, I managed to go from about a pack a day to 2-5, but my job is very stressful and it seemed impossible to quit my smoke breaks. I was posting my progress on my company social network and someone mentioned they were trying e-cigs. I had tried them a few years prior and they were horrible, but I thought it might work to allow me to quit during my breaks. I could vary the time to less and less till eventually I didn't smoke at all. I headed over to a gas station and got a blu cig. It didn't quite compare to a paper cig, but it was much better than the first one I had tried. Then some friends of mine gave me their 510 models they didn't use (3 in total). After the batteries dying a bunch of times I decided to see what else was out there. And now a few hundred dollars later, I am a full-on vape nut. I plan on quitting this habit at some point, but for now I'm enjoying it. It's turned into my new hobby. :)

TJ2Q

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2013
NE Ohio
My best friend has been smoking for 20+ years and has tried to quit hundreds of times over. He mentioned that he was going to give Blu a try. Me, being a skeptic whenever he tries to quit smoking, looked it up online and started reading some reviews. I figured I would test out the waters for him so to speak before he went and wasted his money on some other "hair brained scheme" of his. So I bought a disposable Blu took it home and used it for the day. Now I had been smoking for 17 years and while I have quit off/on throughout those years... i think the longest I ever went was 6-8 months... and during the day that the disposable lasted me I didn't have one craving and I actually was enjoying the whole delivery process of it... BUT something was missing... I did some further research online. Saw you guys on ECF here and my first thought was "WHOA! Talk about a crazy subculture of fanatics!!", but I was very thankful for all of the insight that the vets on here had and being a little gun shy with all the mods and whatnot decided that I would splurge and get 2 kits. A kit from V2cigs and an eGo kit. V2 was nice... eGo was better (more versatility with flavors and it felt more hands on). I am a tinkerer so once I got back to reading all of the "WHOA, crazy fanatics" posts about mods & rebuildables I knew it was time to start a new hobby. So here I am... a new vaper and feeling like a new man.

Btw, my friend has now been vaping strong for about a week without even thinking about cigarettes.

Big Southpaw

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2013
Richmond, VA
I had thought about quitting for a long time...but still enjoyed the ritual of it. Saw a guy with one on a cruise ship, which was my first exposures. Tried a couple of disposables...kind of compared them to switching from regular coke to diet coke...but hung in there. Bought an ego as a starter...still looking for a nice tobacco juice, but getting there.

fordski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Coatepec, Veracruz-Llave, Mexico
Lot's of great stories here. I got started vaping when my son came down to Mexico for a month long visit. He brought along some nJoy 510 batteries and cartomizers which I thought was really cool. I tried them for awhile and the next day we were on the computer ordering an ego twist and clearomizers. My son is a bit of a gear nut which he says he gets from me. I guess he must be right as I now have a Vamo, a Smok Natural and some RBAs to mess around with. I haven't had an analog since the middle of February and am feeling great.
My wife rebelled at first at the notion of quitting, but is now down to 5 cigs a day since taking my Vamo!

A co-worker started vaping, and I asked him about it.

FTR I was a 1/2 PAD smoker and fighting the craving on a daily (daily my ..., hourly) basis. I've smoked on & off for 30 years, the off periods ranged from 8 years to 6months. I tried patches, gum, Zyban and Chantix (oh, stay away from that) and while my smoking would stop, the cravings didn't... ever.

My co-worker didn't know that much about vaping, just that he got his in some store and likes the flavors. I started researching (OMG there is so much info out there). Since I wasn't sure it would fly for me, I got a cig-alike starter kit from Apollo. I went with them because I like the form factor, they had reasonable reviews and they're local. That was December of 2012. I have to admit I had 6 analogs during the first 6 weeks or so, but none since.

It took a while for me to find the right nic level but since then, I've been a happy vaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread