new vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi im new here, and new to vaping. currently i use the vamo v5 and aspire nautilus with bvc coil. experienced many bad coils with the bdc coils so switched to bvc. problem now is if i screw my tank all the way on it floods. if i leave it slightly loose it vapes like a dream. anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? all advice welcome.

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi im new here, and new to vaping. currently i use the vamo v5 and aspire nautilus with bvc coil. experianced many bad coils with the bdc coils so switched to bvc. problem now is if i screw my tank all the way on it floods. if i leave it slightly loose it vapes like a dream. anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? all advice welcome.

Is your airflow open when you tighten it up? Sometimes the hole gets nudged around and then the pressure will flood it every time.

How good is your eye sight? When you tighten it up, you can see when the glass touches the silicone seal base...no more than that....

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I always make sure the air holes are closed after a few too many nudges and floods ..

Are you saying the airflow is closed when you tighten up the base into the glass?

Tighten down using the base and keep the airflow hole open. :) Hand tighten the atomiser head every time you refill. (might need a little loo/kitchen roll for your fingers)

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
It could also be that the positive pin on the bottom of the tank is being pushed in to far by the pin on the Vamo and pushing the coil head upward a bit farther than it wants to go. Many mods offer adjustment for this, but the Vamo does not. But I do have two Nautilus tanks that I used to use with a Vamo and don't have any flooding issues. It could just be that your voltage is too low.

yes the airflow i always keep closed when im putting it back together after cleaning etc, followed advice from a long time vaper. They claimed the flooding was because i was reassembling with the air flow holes open. took it back to the shop today along with my vamo the guy there changed some settings on the vamo its been working nicely since. i will follow all advice given and hope i have no more issues. thank you for all advice.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
yes the airflow i always keep closed when im putting it back together after cleaning etc, followed advice from a long time vaper. They claimed the flooding was because i was reassembling with the air flow holes open..

Well, all I can say is "in the old days" trying to tighten up anything without somewhere for the air to go was a guaranteed flood. Carto tanks etc, all needed a filling system that stopped the juice rushing into the atomizer as the pressure builds. SO, logic tells me, that as a BVC is actually very similar to a carto-tank, unless you keep the airflow open, it will flood.
OR, put another way, I have only had flooding when I have filled it with the air-hole accidentally closed. So my suggestion goes completely against your friend. Try for yourself, but don't rule what I am saying out. :)
The choice is yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread