New Vaporesso Xtra Pod System, get more with less

Upgraded cotton material in both MTL and restricted DTL coils, suitable for high VG liquid brings dense flavor and high nicotine delivery
Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I got my Xtra and tried both pods (coils) Posted a quick review on this thread:
VAPORESSO XTRA POD KIT REVIEWED BY BIGBOB2322
I really like it but my only complaint is the 1.2 ohm coils... even with a good 15 minute rest (after filling the pod) it had some "break-in" issues. Now it has a slightly "scorched" taste. It's OK because I love the 0.8 coils very much. Decent flavor and vapor. I am so happy you guys included four extra (0.8) pods! Thank you. Have not had any issues with "auto-draw" (have before with really small "cheapo" pod devices) It's good to know I can turn the mod off but really just easier to remove the pod. Good product and decent battery life ;)

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
Did you guys receive your Xtra in the mail or did a courier bring it. I live in a rural area and couriers can get a little dense sometimes... Tracking seems to be stalled on mine.
I saw the delivery is scheduled as agreed. Hope you can receive it soon

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
My Xtra arrived yesterday afternoon, the DHL driver actually left it on the doorstep without letting us know... :glare:

I had a chance to load up the 0.8 ohm pod last night with some salts. For the short time I used it there was good flavor and the draw activated fire works flawlessly. Perfect size and feel to it as well.

The only negative I noticed was a faint plastic taste and smell to the pod, could be just me though.

The spare pod packs were a nice touch, considering the recommendation of changing the pod after 5 fills. Hopefully they last longer than that.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Finally ran the battery down (not bad used it on/off for several days) Quite happy with the 0.8 ohm pods and still using the original (using 65VG/35PG juice) I have officially decided this one is a keeper (although I already mentioned I was not impressed with the 1.2 ohm pod) Thanks again Vaporesso!

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Finally ran the battery down (not bad used it on/off for several days) Quite happy with the 0.8 ohm pods and still using the original (using 65VG/35PG juice) I have officially decided this one is a keeper (although I already mentioned I was not impressed with the 1.2 ohm pod) Thanks again Vaporesso!
Hey Vaper have you used the same juice with the 1.2 ohm coil? If yes that might be the culprit, I killed coils ranging from 1.2 - 1.8 ohm in 4 different devices with 70/30, they just don't wick fast enough for my chain vaping lol

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
My Xtra arrived yesterday afternoon, the DHL driver actually left it on the doorstep without letting us know... :glare:

I had a chance to load up the 0.8 ohm pod last night with some salts. For the short time I used it there was good flavor and the draw activated fire works flawlessly. Perfect size and feel to it as well.

The only negative I noticed was a faint plastic taste and smell to the pod, could be just me though.

The spare pod packs were a nice touch, considering the recommendation of changing the pod after 5 fills. Hopefully they last longer than that.
Had a parcel delivered by a company called myHermes here in UK 2 weeks ago, the guy left it inside the elevator! He buzzed my flat, i let him in, opened the door. Saw the elevator coming up and reaching my floor. The door opened... and my parcel was sitting on the floor inside, other than that- elevator was empty! Unbelievable. Unless it was Casper trying to make an extra buck, that company usually uses freelance drivers :D :D :D

Reactions: hittman

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Had a parcel delivered by a company called myHermes here in UK 2 weeks ago, the guy left it inside the elevator! He buzzed my flat, i let him in, opened the door. Saw the elevator coming up and reaching my floor. The door opened... and my parcel was sitting on the floor inside, other than that- elevator was empty! Unbelievable. Unless it was Casper trying to make an extra buck, that company usually uses freelance drivers :D :D :D
Lots of horror stories out there. Years ago, the brother of a buddy of mine had a SPAS-12 shotgun left all day outside the door of his apartment by a courier. Thankfully it had non descript packaging as anyone could have walked off with it. Signature and ID were required for the delivery as well, he called and tore a strip off of the courier company but they didn't care...

Reactions: PeterKay

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
So I have to apologize... it was not the 1.2 ohm pod, it was the 0.8 ohm pod... got confused on the colors. Anyway, tried a new one and they are both good (seems it was my own user error that caused this) I really like the device (and both pods) so will be ordering extras of both pods... the Xtra get two thumbs ups from me :thumbs: Thanks again Vaporesso.

Reactions: Aliraonz

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
BTW, using 65VG/35PG juice in the pods. One odd thing about "auto-draw" is on a very windy day, it can cause them to fire (has happened on two different devices) I think it's called "venturi effect"... just enough to fire the coil but not enough airflow to cool the coil. I should have removed the pod and/or turned the mod off. Truth is, I may have had a few too many beers... not sure what happened but it was my fault... new pod works great so no worries. Battery life is not bad at all for a small device.
Also, no leaks from the pods :thumb:

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
BTW, using 65VG/35PG juice in the pods. One odd thing about "auto-draw" is on a very windy day, it can cause them to fire (has happened on two different devices) I think it's called "venturi effect"... just enough to fire the coil but not enough airflow to cool the coil. I should have removed the pod and/or turned the mod off. Truth is, I may have had a few too many beers... not sure what happened but it was my fault... new pod works great so no worries. Battery life is not bad at all for a small device.
Also, no leaks from the pods :thumb:
You might want to be gentle with the 1.2 ohm coil with the 65/35. The way my coils used to die with 70/30: it wasn't immediate. They seemed to work fine for a day or two but shortly after they would burn out- as soon as the cotton inside burns even slightly the flavor is ruined... :(

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    I have a similar opinion for this amazing little device.
    Sorry, don't have enough time for a full review on it, here is a short one:

I used it and tested for about a week,
    build quality and design are top notch,
    battery life is impressive for a small device,
    will be enough to vape through a whole day if you're not chain-vaping all the time.
    Ease of use is around 10, click and vape.
    I believe this device is perfect for a lot of ex-smokers who are planning to switch to a healthier vaping alternative.:thumbs:

Thanks Vaporesso for a chance of testing this device, appreciate it. Keep on the good work in producing high quality devices :thumb:

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I have not used a lot of pod systems, but compared to the ones I have tried, the Xtra is a solid performer. I would easily give it a 9 rating and has been my grab and go since it arrived.

Showed it to my boss at the vape shop where I work and he will bring some in on the next stock order. :thumb:
    Yes... the more I use it, the more I am liking it :thumb:

• Agree
    Reactions: TrollDragon

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand
    I have been using mine for a bit too. What I like:

• Easy to use
    • Autodraw
    • On/Off button
    • Flavour
    • Pretty and solid design
    • Performs well
    • Ergonomic: Perfect fit for my hand
    • I agree is perfect for someone who just wants to quit
    Thanks @Vaporesso_Chelsea for the chance to try this pod and my first device of your brand.

X-Tra.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread