New Vivi Nova Feedback Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapDrak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Ecuador
she will take serious umbrage with that statement....

jamie.jpg

:)

I was just remembering the picture you posted for the big Dinner party AG was organizing at your house... and I remember a VEEERRRRYYYY big gun...;)

mrelwood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Finland, Europe.
The thread made me feel like an outsider pretty fast, but I'll still continue on the actual topic. :eek:)

No standard drip tip is a minus. Added total length (if I understood correctly) is an even bigger minus. And the regular Vivi Nova heads can already be replaced when the tank is half filled with juice. Yes, you need narrow pliers instead of just fingers, but I have them easily available at my vaping mod corner anyway.

And if it reminds me of the T2, that's even a bigger minus for me!

And the head availability is a very good point, the Vivi Nova or Vision CC heads are largely available, I'd think it's a tough spot to replace the Vivi Nova from the markets.

These aren't for me. I won't buy something will need replacement parts like heads where I can't easily identify alternate sources of supply.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
The thread made me feel like an outsider pretty fast, but I'll still continue on the actual topic. :eek:)

No standard drip tip is a minus. Added total length (if I understood correctly) is an even bigger minus. And the regular Vivi Nova heads can already be replaced when the tank is half filled with juice. Yes, you need narrow pliers instead of just fingers, but I have them easily available at my vaping mod corner anyway.

And if it reminds me of the T2, that's even a bigger minus for me!

And the head availability is a very good point, the Vivi Nova or Vision CC heads are largely available, I'd think it's a tough spot to replace the Vivi Nova from the markets.

I understand the worry about singular supply. I am with you on that and 100% understand not wanting to have to worry about that.

That said from my point of view:
1. Vision is not immune to changing heads (see vivi nova v1 and 2) and when they do, your particular favorite will be out of stock at most vendors, so you will have to move to another one anyway.
2. These items evolve, Visions ST tank Nova is different from the Vision 2.0 and 2.5 Tank (the base and tube I think at least)
3. I do not have any plans to leave anyone hanging as far as replacements, I am still getting the DV Mini Nova heads for example, I would not go into this buying just a handful to see if it sticks
:)
4. From most reviews I have been told that the DV is better than the Vision, out of the box and for air draw.
when I first got them I worried, but they are exceedingly popular now. It's hard for me not to have interest in a product that has a good track record based on reviews. I want to get them, I just hesitate due to the incorporated drip tip.
5. Being exclusive to a product is not an idea I came up with or am unique with

I think what I am saying is you'd have to think of this as a new or different item with the same "look" rather than the same thing with a different head. I am NOT going to buy something I do not think I will continue to stock replacements for. There were two items in recent history that this happened to that was out of my control, the E1 and the Older CE5 with the original circle spring replaceable head. That was due to the manufacturer "improving" it :(

Also, this would all be a mute point if there weren't behind the scenes issues, I do not wish to be beholden to a company that I do not have any control over in terms of supply and delivery, I can get all the mini's from Vision but I cannot guaranty when, or when restock will happen and that's a problem. I have no issues whatsoever with someone preferring a particular brand over another I get that 100%. But I want to offer new stuff, items that work well and that I know I can get when I need them.

It's always a risk. 6 months ago there were no removable heads... what will it be in six more months?

Note: I am not arguing with anyone, just expressing my view on the matter of availability.
I appreciate every word of your reply, and I take it to heart, believe me :)

mrelwood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Finland, Europe.
Thank you for the detailed response, gormly!

I can't argue with the fact that for people without previous Vivi Nova experience, this seems to be a good alternative. For current Vivi Nova users it might not be. For me personally, these versions are not desirable compared to a Vivi Nova Mini.

Be it a new "V27" version of a product or a completely different one, really doesn't matter to me. Each ato design has a unique performance and usability, so brand loyalty is not something I think I will ever pursue when it comes to vaping.

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
I just purchased the new "Vision" VN and I have to say I am less than impressed. I wish I had a video camera to show how much more vapor my old and resurrected 3.5ml Vision (albeit modded) Deux puts out in comparison. 2 to 1. The Vision VN 2.5 has a tight draw, fixed that, but now I am back to the swirly, wick wetting thing as with all string cartos of the past. Flavor is muted as compared to; Smoke tech (a consistent favorite) resurrector cartos, Erics smoke tech DCT cartos/tanks, The large DC clearos for the (best hitting filler carto out there IMO) Go-go and even the pheonix bottom coil cartomizers that I wasn't initially fond of but that have grown on me a little since. I can tell I can improve these with modding them but, here we go again. It's built well and nice looking and the price is right, but, the J tank and the DC tank from Discount Vapors is still kicking it's .... across the board.

I knew better, which is why I also ordered some additional pre-punched DC cartos from Eric with the Vivi 2.5 and I am glad I did.

I can see where gadget oriented people would like this and that's great and is most likely a preferential factor more than anything and I will give it more time at some point but, out of the box, not so great compared to what I am used to.

ETA: To fix the tight draw, I found that the positive post on the atty head itself is too small. If you take that center post out, you will see it has a tiny nipple on it with a tiny hole. I drilled it out one size up from the opposite end of the nipple with a pin vise drill set that comes with an assortment of tiny drill bits. This also takes that little nipple out, leaving the main body of the connector.

Last edited:

Woody-GC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
SW Kansas
I just purchased the new "Vision" VN and I have to say I am less than impressed. I wish I had a video camera to show how much more vapor my old and resurrected 3.5ml Vision (albeit modded) Deux puts out in comparison. 2 to 1. The Vision VN 2.5 has a tight draw, fixed that, but now I am back to the swirly, wick wetting thing as with all string cartos of the past. Flavor is muted as compared to; Smoke tech (a consistent favorite) resurrector cartos, Erics smoke tech DCT cartos/tanks, The large DC clearos for the (best hitting filler carto out there IMO) Go-go and even the pheonix bottom coil cartomizers that I wasn't initially fond of but that have grown on me a little since. I can tell I can improve these with modding them but, here we go again. It's built well and nice looking and the price is right, but, the J tank and the DC tank from Discount Vapors is still kicking it's .... across the board.

I knew better, which is why I also ordered some additional pre-punched DC cartos from Eric with the Vivi 2.5 and I am glad I did.

I can see where gadget oriented people would like this and that's great and is most likely a preferential factor more than anything and I will give it more time at some point but, out of the box, not so great compared to what I am used to.

ETA: To fix the tight draw, I found that the positive post on the atty head itself is too small. If you take that center post out, you will see it has a tiny nipple on it with a tiny hole. I drilled it out one size up from the opposite end of the nipple with a pin vise drill set that comes with an assortment of tiny drill bits. This also takes that little nipple out, leaving the main body of the connector.

That's great to know on the fix for the tight draw which is the only thing I don't care about on the 2.5's. :toast:

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
That's great to know on the fix for the tight draw which is the only thing I don't care about on the 2.5's. :toast:

It's the end point for the air flow. Without the atomizer installed, the tank tube itself is free flow. You can tell by blowing through just that without the atty attached. Everything else around that point is sealed leaving that tiny hole. I basically just made the air hole the size of the hole on a boge carto. Also, I fluffed the wicks and notched the silicone cap slightly where the wicks go in. Working better now for sure.

Woody-GC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
SW Kansas
It's the end point for the air flow. Without the atomizer installed, the tank tube itself is free flow. You can tell by blowing through just that without the atty attached. Everything else around that point is sealed leaving that tiny hole. I basically just made the air hole the size of the hole on a boge carto. Also, I fluffed the wicks and notched the silicone cap slightly where the wicks go in. Working better now for sure.

I reamed two of the heads out and recoiled with cotton and it is fantastic now. You have a great idea and many thanks for it. So much better draw IMO. Too bad they just can't make them that way to begin with!

dennis_j

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Austin, Minnesota, United States
well eric I have been vaping for 4mo and have seen alot of changes in vaping items, mostly for the better, jusrt keep up the good work , you being a user should know pretty much how the public will eract to a new item,IMO there are to much to fast going on in this field ,there is always someone with a better way to make something work better, I always read your review on the item I'm thing of buying and check out the reviews on you tube, than make my choice, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DENNIS L.........

Barto

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Kapetown
well eric I have been vaping for 4mo and have seen alot of changes in vaping items, mostly for the better, jusrt keep up the good work , you being a user should know pretty much how the public will eract to a new item,IMO there are to much to fast going on in this field ,there is always someone with a better way to make something work better, I always read your review on the item I'm thing of buying and check out the reviews on you tube, than make my choice, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DENNIS L.........

Yep, this. You can do this Dennis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread