New VMOD 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapHerClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2012
Anthem, Arizona
First and fore most...I know some of you have opinions about the Reo being the best bottom feeder. As much as I respect your opinions, I would really like to ask that they not be posted in response to this thread. Thank you.

Now with that outta the way:
I just got my Vmod in the mail today and I'm very excited. It is my first mod ever so there is a bit of a learning curve. I am vaping with a regular generic atty (I wasn't a huge fan of the hybrid atty it came with) and it's working out fine. I was wondering if any fellow Vmod vapers had an tips for me? I'm excited to hear from you guys.
Keep on vaping! :vapor:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Tips?

Use whatever you have on it --- and when you re-stock get the new vapage slant coil spec atty. (also called shi-fu on vmod threads). I don't know anyone who has been unhappy with this atty.

Carry back up batteries.

Don't squank a lot. If you are grooving in fine, you don't need advice. Most of that is for people who have been squankers, imho.

Give it a bath once and awhile---or a shower in warm water. The vmod likes it a lot.

And, when you have time, follow vmod adventures on a couple of long threads---especially the ones on the XL. (The main difference between vmod2 and vmodXL is size, so most of the data applies.)

VapHerClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2012
Anthem, Arizona
Thanks tearose! I appreciate your input. I'll try out the vapage atty you recommended but this one is working great. I think I have the sqounking figured out...I THINK LOL. I will make sure I feed it, bathe it and give it lots of love. Again, thanks for your imput. I will go and check out some of the XL treads.
You're awesome.
Vape on! :vapor:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Would suggest Cisco LR306 Atomizer + Drip Tip Special - Avid Vaper. I am not sure on the 2.0, but I know with the XL you need the XL drip tip to extend fully out of the cone. You wight want to consider it as well. I vape the LR306 1.5ohm atty's exclusively now as i've yet to find one that compares equally to vapor production, taste, and longevity. I have the Aero which is close, the HH357 and that was just a waste of money, (IMO), and the IKV LR510 1.5 ohm, (would've been IO6 if the tips were avail.), and was just mediocre at best. I might also add I only vape 1 type of juice and don't switch up like many do. Maybe this is why I have such great success with the 306. I am only on my 2nd atty in the last 11 months and only changed the 1st one out because, ( I thought ), it needed to be changed out.... There was really no difference in vape quality or taste.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
It's very sweet and tidy - imo. Couldn't find any hand pics --- but this might help:

XLXmasIMG-20111222-00035.jpg

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Thanks tearose, if the smilies were still available I'd be ordering a Vmod2.0 right now. It's so silly and fun.

Great photo, thanks!

On those rubberized cases, I think I may have to return mine. The "fit and finish" on it is not right. It almost looks like it has a water stain on the top, like when they were making it in the mold or machine, it got smeared----- and then, at the very bottom, there is a "nick" in the metal, like if you put a fingernail gouge looking thing. It doesn't go all the way thru but it is quite rough-to-the-touch and I know it is going to annoy me.

Am I being too picky.......since I don't have anything to compare it to, I do not know, but the close up photos other people has posted the fit and finish on their cases just looked way better?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I wouldn't hesitate to send it back -- especially with the nick. You probably should clear it with customer service first so they know what is up.

Thanks tearose.....I have no idea how to do that but I made out a ticket on the site, referrencing my order.

I would not have a problem receiving a different case, either in the design I ordered, or if those are gone, in the digital camo. Do you know if they RMA you, or do exchanges, or is it a refund or WHAT? :)

Still no charger yet for my ala carte order 8/5/2012 .... (I purposely did not order the "kit" since there was a backorder on it) and thought I'd have my stuff faster if I ordered everything ala carte........as it turns out, that didn't happen. If the battery charger comes on Monday that will be 15 days. In the meantime, I can't review this mod since I can't use it yet.

I could have bought a battery charger elsewhere but I'm a newbie and just don't have the extra $ to spend since it was expensive getting started in general.

I want to see how this episode turns out before I order more stuff ..... which I want to do....I have a friend who might want a mod2.0 baby. :)

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I am only on my 2nd atty in the last 11 months and only changed the 1st one out because, ( I thought ), it needed to be changed out.... There was really no difference in vape quality or taste.

Wow. That's great. Based on everything I've read, people tend to be very satisfied with the Cisco and the Vapage Shi-Fu attys.

I guess I'll eventually try a cisco so I can compare them.

So you suggest the 1.5 ohm over the 1.8 or 2.0 Cisco?

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Racehorse -- there is a live chat feature on their website when you find "contact customer service" or something similar to that. There is also a number to call for an alternate route. Just remember they work Mon-Fri and are on Pacific Coast time. I don't know if you'll have to return the shell.

Hope the chargers come in soon -- I heard there was a big shipment due into vapage this past week -- but I don't know what was in it! They are fine and adorable. Back orders are never fun. Unfortunately, it happens a fair amount in this vaping community.

Atty ohms question -- I think it's best to start out with something close to what you have been using and experiment with different ohms later on. Most mini e-cigs are in the 2.5-3.0 range, I believe. Many say 1.5's are the only way to go. I don't. I like the lower ohm cartridges and higher ohm atty's. Anything below 2.0 on an atty is not for me. YMMV :)

And, Cisco (Avid Vapors) attys and Ikenvape attys are very respected with large fan bases. I like them both. But, it took me a few months before I could navigate those sites -- too confusing at the time. Try to KIS and learn as you go.

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
"if the smilies were still available I'd be ordering a Vmod2.0 right now. It's so silly and fun."

my vmod2 now wears the "hippy chick" (flowers) and I love it. the smiles are fun.

There were recently some very good deals on the classies that included multiple shells -- I tried to find a link, but someone must have snatched them up.

Last edited:

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
The reason I got the Vmod was because of the "happy hippie" shell...then I found out that they were out. It broke my heart. I called Vapage and they said that if they get any more in they will give me a call/email. I really want that shell! Yellow is my ALL TIME favorite color!

I have a Vmod 2 coming from the classys with the yellow "happy hippie" shell, but no matching cone. I'll never use it. PM me if you want it.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I have a Vmod 2 coming from the classys with the yellow "happy hippie" shell, but no matching cone. I'll never use it. PM me if you want it.

There ya go, VapHerClouds! Gosh the people here are so grandly generous.

What case did you actually end up with when you found the happy hippie case was not available?

Chi-TownTx

Apr 2, 2011
Naperville, IL
First and fore most...I know some of you have opinions about the Reo being the best bottom feeder. As much as I respect your opinions, I would really like to ask that they not be posted in response to this thread. Thank you.

Now with that outta the way:
I just got my Vmod in the mail today and I'm very excited. It is my first mod ever so there is a bit of a learning curve. I am vaping with a regular generic atty (I wasn't a huge fan of the hybrid atty it came with) and it's working out fine. I was wondering if any fellow Vmod vapers had an tips for me? I'm excited to hear from you guys.
Keep on vaping! :vapor:

Recently got my Vmod in the mail a couple weeks ago and so far loving the device. Not a fan of the silo cartomizers though but the 2.0 hybrid atty it came with isn't to bad. Especially if you ditch the stock batteries and get yourself a pair of IFR 14250's. These paired along with the 2.0 atty it comes with or the 2.5's you can order are amazing. It suddenly turns your normal 3.7v device into a 6.4v Vmod. :)

Much better throat hit and flavor imo. Anyway something different for you to try out if your wanting to get more of a kick out of the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread