Not open for further replies.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
anyone try the new Betelgeuse?

once i switched to sub-ohm tank, the old recipe was unvapable. still ahve two bottles at home. Is the new recipe thicker? the old stuff was very harsh in sub ohm....also, this on the site doesnt indicate what a "basic" tank is... to me, that says NOT sub ohm...

* PG/VG Ratio = 30PG/70VG <<Wicks Good In Basic tanks
I think we talked offline...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
You know, Kent, I'm curious. Do you have any other flavors that you worked on like Dream Wave? Flavors that weren't widely released?
Several - situations where I released a liter here or a gallon there. At this point anything released previous to 8-8-16 is fair game and up for revision. Philosophically I'm more concerned with producing the best bottles I can today than I am with cloning or reproducing old stuff so it's all up for revision from a recipe perspective.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
You know, Kent, I'm curious. Do you have any other flavors that you worked on like Dream Wave? Flavors that weren't widely released?
I have 7000+ SKUs registered [emoji768] with the FDA, over 70 flavors in various bottle sizes and nic levels. I can only produce those items that were produced previous to the above date.

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey
Several - situations where I released a liter here or a gallon there. At this point anything released previous to 8-8-16 is fair game and up for revision. Philosophically I'm more concerned with producing the best bottles I can today than I am with cloning or reproducing old stuff so it's all up for revision from a recipe perspective.

So far, you're two for two with these new formulas; Dream Wave is excellent. The first bottle, I'm in the process of vaping (soon as I got it); next bottle, I will take the time to go through the steep process...:thumb:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
So far, you're two for two with these new formulas; Dream Wave is excellent. The first bottle, I'm in the process of vaping (soon as I got it); next bottle, I will take the time to go through the steep process...:thumb:
I wish I could hit 100 for everyone, every time - I do my best. All I can do.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Talk to me about Dream Wave!
I always start with 15 to 30 ml on a new juices to make sure I want more!
I will admit I am one to give in to peer pressure, so convince me that it's ok to push forward to 60 ml right of the bat :)
I get the vanilla and orange, yummy, but with virus tones! How are those of you in the NuThouse liking Dream Wave? I love the name!

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey
I will admit I am one to give in to peer pressure, so convince me that it's ok to push forward to 60 ml right of the bat :)
I get the vanilla and orange, yummy, but with virus tones! How are those of you in the NuThouse liking Dream Wave? I love the name!
I ordered 3 bottles; the first one, I tried right away. I'm getting caramel and vanilla; it's really good. With the next bottle, I'll go through the steps for steeping, but I'm liking this right now.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I ordered 3 bottles; the first one, I tried right away. I'm getting caramel and vanilla; it's really good. With the next bottle, I'll go through the steps for steeping, but I'm liking this right now.
If you like it fresh, hit it my friend.!

Reactions: jdrewry

renorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Reno, Nevada, United States

I wasn't sure about this one so bought just one bottle. It's probably not what you're thinking in terms of vanilla and orange. For me at least, it seems to be Virus with a hint more vanilla and an orange zest. The orange is subtle...teases the taste buds without overpowering the whole mix.
It's superbly delicious!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I wasn't sure about this one so bought just one bottle. It's probably not what you're thinking in terms of vanilla and orange. For me at least, it seems to be Virus with a hint more vanilla and an orange zest. The orange is subtle...teases the taste buds without overpowering the whole mix.
It's superbly delicious!

Glad you like it Reno - thank you for the epic description... the 325 bottles went pretty fast, we're on to the next one. Bomb Shell. BOOM.

Reactions: renorat

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
I usually dont write reviews but im just wondering if anyone is feeling the way im feeling about my beloved Wakonda? It's good but not great like Wakonda is known to be. I have a whole lot of experience with this juice. Its been a staple in my rotation since I started vaping. As a matter of fact there hasn't been a day go by since I found this juice that I haven't vaped it. Something huge has changed with its formula. I can't even tell you what I'm tasting but I can tell it's not Wakonda. I taste something fruity. Dont get me wrong... it's good and I don't mean to sound harsh but its just not the same. Ive always been taught you dont mess with perfection and the old formula was definitely perfection. I absolutely credit it and it alone with helping me quit smoking. Maybe with some age the flavor will come around and if it does ill be the first to rewrite this review. I am forever a nicoticket fan and will continue to purchase from them although my beloved Wakonda seems to have lost its magic. :(

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I usually dont write reviews but im just wondering if anyone is feeling the way im feeling about my beloved Wakonda? It's good but not great like Wakonda is known to be. I have a whole lot of experience with this juice. Its been a staple in my rotation since I started vaping. As a matter of fact there hasn't been a day go by since I found this juice that I haven't vaped it. Something huge has changed with its formula. I can't even tell you what I'm tasting but I can tell it's not Wakonda. I taste something fruity. Dont get me wrong... it's good and I don't mean to sound harsh but its just not the same. Ive always been taught you dont mess with perfection and the old formula was definitely perfection. I absolutely credit it and it alone with helping me quit smoking. Maybe with some age the flavor will come around and if it does ill be the first to rewrite this review. I am forever a nicoticket fan and will continue to purchase from them although my beloved Wakonda seems to have lost its magic. :(
I have always laced my liquid with fruit - it adds to the complexity, depth, and balance. It's more noticeable when Wakonda is fresh, which is the culprit, as all of the old liquid is steeped at least a year now. You have a fine palate if you are able to detect the fruit as most do not. All that said the recipe is different - the pg/vg ratio is 30/70vg instead of 50/50. There is slightly more tobacco and slightly less coffee making it less bitter on the initial inhale. We have also seized opportunities to reduce diketones in effort to produce the safest possible eLiquid. Finally, we have reduced or eliminated sweetener to improve coil life and over performance, instead, relying on the natural sweetness provided by the additional VG. It's progress - I feel like the "art" of mixing eLiquid is being lost. We only have until November to submit a final recipe and we had a natural pivot point at which we could make a change and put put very best liquid forward. We can't change the name because the SKUs are set in stone, we can't even produce 120ml bottles because we didn't have them previous to 8-8-16. The FDA is coming, we working to put ourselves in the best possible position for the remainder of the next 5 years (when the PMTA process is due to begin). I hope that helps. Clark

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
I have always laced my liquid with fruit - it adds to the complexity, depth, and balance. It's more noticeable when Wakonda is fresh, which is the culprit, as all of the old liquid is steeped at least a year now. You have a fine palate if you are able to detect the fruit as most do not. All that said the recipe is different - the pg/vg ratio is 30/70vg instead of 50/50. There is slightly more tobacco and slightly less coffee making it less bitter on the initial inhale. We have also seized opportunities to reduce diketones in effort to produce the safest possible eLiquid. Finally, we have reduced or eliminated sweetener to improve coil life and over performance, instead, relying on the natural sweetness provided by the additional VG. It's progress - I feel like the "art" of mixing eLiquid is being lost. We only have until November to submit a final recipe and we had a natural pivot point at which we could make a change and put put very best liquid forward. We can't change the name because the SKUs are set in stone, we can't even produce 120ml bottles because we didn't have them previous to 8-8-16. The FDA is coming, we working to put ourselves in the best possible position for the remainder of the next 5 years (when the PMTA process is due to begin). I hope that helps. Clark

Thanks Clark for the reply. I actually welcomed the change to the vg/pg ratio as I have moved from tanks to strictly drippers but I never go lower than 1.0 ohm on dual single coil builds at 26w. Im not part of the cloud chucker crowd but that set up gives me, in my opinion, the perfect vape. You know what they say..."keep it simple stupid" lol. However, I do miss the coffee note as its virtually none existent. The fruit im tasting is peach i believe. I sure do hope it mellows over time because other than that and the missing coffee note its not a bad juice...just not what i know my Wakonda to be. That being said its not gonna stop me from purchasing your juices. I do believe you take your trade craft seriously and try to produce the best possible juices for your customers. I have yet to try the Virus as its another favorite of mine. I still have some left from when you shut up shop...fingers crossed. I am glad to see you back up and running. I hope you are around for a while.

Reactions: Kent Brooks

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Thanks Clark for the reply. I actually welcomed the change to the vg/pg ratio as I have moved from tanks to strictly drippers but I never go lower than 1.0 ohm on dual single coil builds at 26w. Im not part of the cloud chucker crowd but that set up gives me, in my opinion, the perfect vape. You know what they say..."keep it simple stupid" lol. However, I do miss the coffee note as its virtually none existent. The fruit im tasting is peach i believe. I sure do hope it mellows over time because other than that and the missing coffee note its not a bad juice...just not what i know my Wakonda to be. That being said its not gonna stop me from purchasing your juices. I do believe you take your trade craft seriously and try to produce the best possible juices for your customers. I have yet to try the Virus as its another favorite of mine. I still have some left from when you shut up shop...fingers crossed. I am glad to see you back up and running. I hope you are around for a while.
Wow, I still get plenty of coffee throughout. I've toyed and toyed with the coffee level over the years, worked tirelessly on a handful of liquids to make them "just right." I'm sorry it's missing for you. Wakonda is killing it right now, selling better than it ever has, and the feedback has been really good. I have plenty of blank labels so there isn't any reason I can't make some OG Wakonda, it's not lost - it's been a labor of love and a work in progress since the beginning I hate to take a step back for anyone. One obstacle that some vendors aren't taking into consideration is the long term availability of the flavoring they use - some of the flavoring in the OG Wakonda isn't projected to be available into the long term (hence the change). Also- I am a clinical counselor by training so the health and welfare of the people who work with me is very important, so I've done as much as you could reasonably ask to reduce or eliminate AP. I Diketones is a complicated issue - it's easy to justify when compared to cigarettes but if flavoring companies have incremented versions it stands to reason responsible vendors should also make the transition. It's an ethics thing for me - making the absolute safest eLiquid that the available flavoring will allow. I'm rambling. Just some food for thought.

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
Wow, I still get plenty of coffee throughout. I've toyed and toyed with the coffee level over the years, worked tirelessly on a handful of liquids to make them "just right." I'm sorry it's missing for you. Wakonda is killing it right now, selling better than it ever has, and the feedback has been really good. I have plenty of blank labels so there isn't any reason I can't make some OG Wakonda, it's not lost - it's been a labor of love and a work in progress since the beginning I hate to take a step back for anyone. One obstacle that some vendors aren't taking into consideration is the long term availability of the flavoring they use - some of the flavoring in the OG Wakonda isn't projected to be available into the long term (hence the change). Also- I am a clinical counselor by training so the health and welfare of the people who work with me is very important, so I've done as much as you could reasonably ask to reduce or eliminate AP. I Diketones is a complicated issue - it's easy to justify when compared to cigarettes but if flavoring companies have incremented versions it stands to reason responsible vendors should also make the transition. It's an ethics thing for me - making the absolute safest eLiquid that the available flavoring will allow. I'm rambling. Just some food for thought.

Exactly what i was thinking. Im sure you run into issues where some of the flavorings you use are not being made anymore just like some of the juices i vape are not being made anymore. Flavorings taste different from different suppliers. Also, as im sure you already know being a mixologist, even vg and pg from different suppliers can even change the taste of the juice. As far as the coffee...yep cant taste any at all. Now dont start teasing about making a short run of the og unless you are serious. Ill definitely be a buyer. Then ill have the og and the v2. Oh lord ill be on Wakonda overload lol.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Exactly what i was thinking. Im sure you run into issues where some of the flavorings you use are not being made anymore just like some of the juices i vape are not being made anymore. Flavorings taste different from different suppliers. Also, as im sure you already know being a mixologist, even vg and pg from different suppliers can even change the taste of the juice. As far as the coffee...yep cant taste any at all. Now dont start teasing about making a short run of the og unless you are serious. Ill definitely be a buyer. Then ill have the og and the v2. Oh lord ill be on Wakonda overload lol.
I would go back to the OG version if feedback wasn't so good on the new revision. Change is the norm in this industry so I don't dare settle in - tonight I am working on SOPs - documenting standard operating procedures. "Vapelyfe" they told me. I can't complain, I watch alot of Lockup on Netflix while I work, I know I'm blessed. Tell you what, this industry has changed... One thing that hasn't changed is the NT family is going strong even if it is quiet here on the forum - sales have been brisk and reorders are frequent. If you look at my post count and read my history it's insane how much time I have spent on ECF, I hope everyone I have touched is happy and healthy. Yesterday's noobs are today's experts, it's insane how many people are building their own coils, and what the coils look like. When I started microcoils were just beginning to be squished together lol

Reactions: mackman

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT

I would go back to the OG version if feedback wasn't so good on the new revision. Change is the norm in this industry so I don't dare settle in - tonight I am working on SOPs - documenting standard operating procedures. "Vapelyfe" they told me. I can't complain, I watch alot of Lockup on Netflix while I work, I know I'm blessed. Tell you what, this industry has changed... One thing that hasn't changed is the NT family is going strong even if it is quiet here on the forum - sales have been brisk and reorders are frequent. If you look at my post count and read my history it's insane how much time I have spent on ECF, I hope everyone I have touched is happy and healthy. Yesterday's noobs are today's experts, it's insane how many people are building their own coils, and what the coils look like. When I started microcoils were just beginning to be squished together lol

put me in the group not really a fan of the new Wakonda when compared to the old. like the above poster said, its not bad, but its no OG wakonda. i was going to answer him, but Kent did, its the removal of diketones. no doubt about it....the new version is essentially a watered down version of the og.... same with Custard last stand....

Kent, i must say, you do contradict yourself constantly...esepially with the "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread